Jump to topic:

The same Votebombers

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:30:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know this issue is worn and tired and has been pointed out several times, ...but just once more I'd like to point out that some of the members on here are still skewing voting results.

http://www.debate.org...

In this debate 16kadams counter VB'd Wallstreetatheist's vote, and gave Lordknuckle 6 points.

If you read Wallstreetatheist's RFD, ...its obvious that 16k blatantly votebombed and let LK win a debate he shouldn't have.

16k gave 5 points for a 1 sentence RFD saying he agreed with pro.

and then of course http://www.debate.org...

Ron-Paul gave 5 points to Pro with RFD "I agree with Roylatham." and then Lordknuckle "countered" 2 votes that gave con source points,...effectually 4 unwarranted points to Pro.

Do with this information what you will, but where I find debates like this, I'll post them. ..perhaps to make this shameful debate skewing more visible to everyone.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:36:32 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:30:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
I know this issue is worn and tired and has been pointed out several times, ...but just once more I'd like to point out that some of the members on here are still skewing voting results.

In this debate 16kadams counter VB'd Wallstreetatheist's vote, and gave Lordknuckle 6 points.

If you read Wallstreetatheist's RFD, ...its obvious that 16k blatantly votebombed and let LK win a debate he shouldn't have.

Ron-Paul gave 5 points to Pro with RFD "I agree with Roylatham." and then Lordknuckle "countered" 2 votes that gave con source points,...effectually 4 unwarranted points to Pro.

Do with this information what you will, but where I find debates like this, I'll post them. ..perhaps to make this shameful debate skewing more visible to everyone.

Some of these I can see your point. However if I am voting on a debate and someone posts an RFD that says what I think about a debate, then I can refer to that RFD. I have seen happen on other debates and it was no big deal. I do not understand why Ron Paul saying he agreed with Roy was a votebomb.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:38:07 PM
And even though I agree with LK in that debate, 16k's rfd was poor and probably should have been countered.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:38:19 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:36:32 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/15/2012 7:30:37 PM, 000ike wrote:

Some of these I can see your point. However if I am voting on a debate and someone posts an RFD that says what I think about a debate, then I can refer to that RFD. I have seen happen on other debates and it was no big deal. I do not understand why Ron Paul saying he agreed with Roy was a votebomb.

You're right, but given his previous voting activity, considering it a votebomb is logical.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:42:13 PM
I must say the evidence is pretty damning against them.

I agree that has gone to the point of votebombing. While most people are somewhat bias in voting (it's nearly impossible not to, even if it is at a subconscious level), this is quite bad.
Open borders debate:
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:43:18 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:42:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I agree that has gone to the point of votebombing. While most people are somewhat bias in voting (it's nearly impossible not to, even if it is at a subconscious level), this is quite bad.

They don't even know they're doing it...

I tried explaining but they don't realize how this looks to people.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:46:13 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:43:18 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/15/2012 7:42:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:

They don't even know they're doing it...

I tried explaining but they don't realize how this looks to people.

What do you expect? One is a 15 year old "military historian", one is a neoconservative libertarian, and the other is a far right 14 year old with a deep mind for political philosophy.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:51:13 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:48:30 PM, innomen wrote:
BTW "Votebomb" means all points went to one side due to bias of some sort.

Well to the Left "votebomb" really means "a vote in which we don't fully agree with".
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:53:53 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:51:13 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Well to the Left "votebomb" really means "a vote in which we don't fully agree with".

I'm liberal and I don't agree with that. Don't make sweeping generalizations like that. BTW, 16ks has made questionable votes on two of my debates.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:53:55 PM

I'm sure you've seen voters more valuable and respected than me call an unjustified vote a votebomb. What makes a decision more valid if he gave 6 points with no RFD to one side instead of 7?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:55:45 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:53:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

I'm sure you've seen voters more valuable and respected than me call an unjustified vote a votebomb. What makes a decision more valid if he gave 6 points with no RFD to one side instead of 7?

Or 5. Or 4.

All he's saying is call it for what it is -- severely biased or skewed voting.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:56:16 PM
It is very annoying. Plus, I have noticed something that is rarely every concerned, that
the contender has an advantage over the instigator. Out of the 8-9 or so debates that I started, I have only won 1 - yes only 1 of them. The one that I won helped because my opponent forfeited.

It makes me feel that the voting is somewhat biased - for example in my recent Healthcare debate I literally poured hours of work into it, and still failed, even though the RFD's showed that it seemed liked they didn't read my case.

Plus, with religious debates........ UGH! Don't even get me started there. Not concerning votebombs, but just considering the emotional content involved from the other side and the constant mudsludging. The latter occurs in political debates, but you can have fun with it, instead of feeling guilty and contempt.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 7:59:35 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Urban dictionary tends to disagree.
Open borders debate:
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:02:53 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:59:35 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Last I checked we follow DDO rules not internet definitions...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:03:43 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:53:53 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

I'm liberal and I don't agree with that. Don't make sweeping generalizations like that. BTW, 16ks has made questionable votes on two of my debates.

Yes, I think some of the problems on DDO comes to both the left and right generalization about conservative/liberal and republicans/democrats. I'm guilty of it myself and I wouldn't consider conservativepolitico a part of the problem, but it is something that members should watch themselves doing. Of course, members will still do it anyways.
Open borders debate:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:05:42 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:03:43 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yes, I think some of the problems on DDO comes to both the left and right generalization about conservative/liberal and republicans/democrats. I'm guilty of it myself and I wouldn't consider conservativepolitico a part of the problem, but it is something that members should watch themselves doing. Of course, members will still do it anyways.

+1.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:05:50 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:02:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/15/2012 7:59:35 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Last I checked we follow DDO rules not internet definitions...

If DDO sets the definition of Votebombing, then where does Innomen prove that votebombing is only when all points are given?...Most people on this site refer to VB as an unsupported vote for a certain side due to preconceived bias.

We're getting sidetracked anyway. The point is that these guys are messing up debate results.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:12:35 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:05:42 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 2/15/2012 8:03:43 PM, darkkermit wrote:

+1.
+2

I will point out though that many of us (including myself) don't try to vote based on our bias. It is passive at the least. However, when it is obvious, we have a problem.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:25:29 PM
16k did not vote bomb my debate. Wallstreetatheist provided a factually inaccurate and illogical RFD which I pointed out in the comments. Remember, just because an RFD is long does not mean that it is valid. Anybody with any sort of brains can realize that I did not have to prove the probability to be "1".
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:35:31 PM
At 2/15/2012 7:56:16 PM, Contra wrote:
It is very annoying. Plus, I have noticed something that is rarely every concerned, that
the contender has an advantage over the instigator. Out of the 8-9 or so debates that I started, I have only won 1 - yes only 1 of them. The one that I won helped because my opponent forfeited.

It makes me feel that the voting is somewhat biased - for example in my recent Healthcare debate I literally poured hours of work into it, and still failed, even though the RFD's showed that it seemed liked they didn't read my case.

Plus, with religious debates........ UGH! Don't even get me started there. Not concerning votebombs, but just considering the emotional content involved from the other side and the constant mudsludging. The latter occurs in political debates, but you can have fun with it, instead of feeling guilty and contempt.

Mongeese did an interesting debate on the contender advantage. I forget his opponent. Orele? Anyway, check it out.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:50:22 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:35:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/15/2012 7:56:16 PM, Contra wrote:

Mongeese did an interesting debate on the contender advantage. I forget his opponent. Orele? Anyway, check it out.

Yeah, it was with OreEle. The biggest mistake I made was probably instigating the debate where I argue that the Instigator has a disadvantage. :/
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:15:36 PM
I found a new unholy mess, courtesy de Libertycampbell

he outright votebombed the debate.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:16:47 PM
At 2/15/2012 9:15:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

also read historygenius's RFD,...and 16kadam's RFD.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:17:29 PM

Lololol. Do you stalk my profile? It was obvious that I won that debate (although I performed rather poorly) and the only people who voted against me were Willoweed (troll), Teafood (troll), and Historygenius (Semi-troll).
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:18:09 PM
NVM, Historygenius voted for me.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:20:02 PM
At 2/15/2012 9:16:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

also read historygenius's RFD,...and 16kadam's RFD.

You trying to get back at me for my counter against you, therefore making you lose the debate against Jimmy?

Grow some balls and take it like a man.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:32:05 PM
At 2/15/2012 8:25:29 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
16k did not vote bomb my debate. Wallstreetatheist provided a factually inaccurate and illogical RFD which I pointed out in the comments. Remember, just because an RFD is long does not mean that it is valid. Anybody with any sort of brains can realize that I did not have to prove the probability to be "1".

But, when questioned WSA was calm a responded to your outcry with

"I explicitly demonstrated my position. If you would like me to further detail the failure of your argumentation, I will continue at your leisure."

Most votebombers want to avoid any conflict or interaction with either debaters. He was going to explain his vote to you.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 9:35:43 PM
At 2/15/2012 9:32:05 PM, Cobo wrote:
At 2/15/2012 8:25:29 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

But, when questioned WSA was calm a responded to your outcry with

"I explicitly demonstrated my position. If you would like me to further detail the failure of your argumentation, I will continue at your leisure."

Most votebombers want to avoid any conflict or interaction with either debaters. He was going to explain his vote to you.

He attempted to explain his vote of how we got to me proving the possibility of "1' but I rebutted that earlier on. His vote held no water in his last comment.