Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Proposal

royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 11:53:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is what jimtimmy said in another thread:

At 2/18/2012 11:43:04 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/18/2012 11:42:09 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/18/2012 11:41:37 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/18/2012 11:39:41 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/18/2012 11:39:06 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/18/2012 11:38:17 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
If respected members of the community like BlackVoid, innomen, and Ore_Ele think that I have votebombed in these instances, I will gladly remove my countervotebombs. Until they say so, however, I am going to continue to counter votebombs that were done in your favor, especially when the culprits CONCEDE that their votes were poor.

I have already gotten one of them countered.

with one of your minions?


I don't have any minions. There are some smart people on here though...

Everyone who votes for you is smart. Everyone who votes against you is stupid.


Pretty much.

JT has been harassing every member who votes against him in a debate. The other day, he spent three hours attacking nonentity because she voted against him. So, I propose that we give him what we wants. We should acknowledge his utter superiority and intelligence by not engaging in debates with him and not voting on any of his debates. That way, none of us will be attacked and he can win his debates (if he ever gets to do any again) in peace while his minions votebomb in his favor.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 11:56:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Makes sense. JimTimmy is not a racist. He is a "race realist." He is also the smartest person in the world. Why waste time debating him?

Royal, how dare you vote against him?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 11:57:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This will be an excellent way to counter him because he derives pleasure from being rude and personally attacking other people. He has called most liberals stupid, has made sexist comments to me in the past, has called me retarded, etc. I initially thought that he could be reasoned with, but I see that he derives pleasure from such conflicts. Thus, I will not permit him to enter into those conflicts with me. Eventually, he will get bored and start trolling another site.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:11:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
To be honest, I don't care what jimtimmy or the conservatives,...you know what, it's not even fair to just call them conservatives because there are very level-headed and intelligent conservatives on this site, I'll call them the votebombers,...Jimtimmy and the votebombers can do whatever the hell they want, so long as its not on a debate of mine. I have no interest in going to their debates or reading what they have to say since its most likely misguided.

So, yeah, I'm up for giving them what they want. I won't even reply to them in the forums from now on.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:13:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree. These individuals are soiling the reputations of people like RoyLatham, Thaddeus, and Koopin simply because they like to votebomb. I never thought about ignoring their forum posts, but I think that would be a great addition as well.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:13:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:11:06 AM, 000ike wrote:
To be honest, I don't care what jimtimmy or the conservatives,...you know what, it's not even fair to just call them conservatives because there are very level-headed and intelligent conservatives on this site, I'll call them the votebombers,...Jimtimmy and the votebombers can do whatever the hell they want, so long as its not on a debate of mine. I have no interest in going to their debates or reading what they have to say since its most likely misguided.

So, yeah, I'm up for giving them what they want. I won't even reply to them in the forums from now on.

Thank you for not lumping me in there.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:14:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:13:19 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 2/19/2012 12:11:06 AM, 000ike wrote:
To be honest, I don't care what jimtimmy or the conservatives,...you know what, it's not even fair to just call them conservatives because there are very level-headed and intelligent conservatives on this site, I'll call them the votebombers,...Jimtimmy and the votebombers can do whatever the hell they want, so long as its not on a debate of mine. I have no interest in going to their debates or reading what they have to say since its most likely misguided.

So, yeah, I'm up for giving them what they want. I won't even reply to them in the forums from now on.

Thank you for not lumping me in there.

BlackHawk, nobody could put you in that category in good conscience. You do not engage in the practices that those individuals do.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:18:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/18/2012 11:57:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This will be an excellent way to counter him because he derives pleasure from being rude and personally attacking other people. He has called most liberals stupid,

I do that in school. Most of them have stupid ideas, though. Or unrealistic ideas. Or ignore everything they dislike. I guess they're just kinda stupid in general and unfortunately chose to take other liberals down with them.

has made sexist comments to me in the past,

There're only two places those comments are acceptable other than the middle east. Rublican headquarters and school. The middle east is the only place you can be serious about it.

has called me retarded, etc.

I do that to my brother.

I initially thought that he could be reasoned with, but I see that he derives pleasure from such conflicts. Thus, I will not permit him to enter into those conflicts with me. Eventually, he will get bored and start trolling another site.

Good luck. I find that the power of instigation is very strong. It's drawn me into many fights with my brother. And when the person's persistent too...
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:21:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:14:58 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 12:13:19 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 2/19/2012 12:11:06 AM, 000ike wrote:
To be honest, I don't care what jimtimmy or the conservatives,...you know what, it's not even fair to just call them conservatives because there are very level-headed and intelligent conservatives on this site, I'll call them the votebombers,...Jimtimmy and the votebombers can do whatever the hell they want, so long as its not on a debate of mine. I have no interest in going to their debates or reading what they have to say since its most likely misguided.

So, yeah, I'm up for giving them what they want. I won't even reply to them in the forums from now on.

Thank you for not lumping me in there.

BlackHawk, nobody could put you in that category in good conscience. You do not engage in the practices that those individuals do.

) probably because I'm about as middle of the line as you can get. As a a republican, I should be supportig big bussiness. Instead I've argued with Fitzpatrick why we shouldn't drill in Alaska. You're not going to find many allies in the pro-environment arguments at a republican headquarters building.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:23:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:15:20 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
For the record, OberHerr also does not belong in this category.

Now we're probably going to start forming a list of people that don't belong in said category.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:25:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:23:04 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 2/19/2012 12:15:20 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
For the record, OberHerr also does not belong in this category.

Now we're probably going to start forming a list of people that don't belong in said category.

Here is a list of people in that category.

1. jimtimmy
2. 16kadams
3. Ron-Paul
4. LordKnukle (except for mafia purposes)
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:26:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:15:20 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
For the record, OberHerr also does not belong in this category.

LOOKS LIKE YOU LEFT OUT LITTLE OLE ME!!!

WAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

nac
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:39:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:23:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I thought this thread was a marriage proposal. What a let down.

It still can be, Freedo will you marry me?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Or Royal and 000ike could stop acting so stuck up and acknowledge that 000ike did in fact lose that debate and stop being sour pusses.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:00:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 12:50:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Or Royal and 000ike could stop acting so stuck up and acknowledge that 000ike did in fact lose that debate and stop being sour pusses.

lolz
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:04:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Even though voting seems considerably influenced by ideology there were reputable voters who disagreed. Right now the score is really close (66-67) that a tie might be ideal.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:07:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

JT can express whatever idea he wants as long as he provides evidence or reasoning behind it. JT's ideas are not something we have to "sanction" or sign off on for them to be acceptable.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:07:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:04:52 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Even though voting seems considerably influenced by ideology there were reputable voters who disagreed. Right now the score is really close (66-67) that a tie might be ideal.

I said that in the comments on that debate.

Also I pulled back the "VB" And have a real vote now.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:08:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

So your method of ignoring him is making him win? Pro.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:13:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:07:33 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

JT can express whatever idea he wants as long as he provides evidence or reasoning behind it. JT's ideas are not something we have to "sanction" or sign off on for them to be acceptable.

That is not the problem that I have with him. The issue is the fact that he harasses everyone who does not vote for him in a debate and that he believes that he is utterly superior to everyone else. Giving a tie to him even though he clearly lost does nothing but justify his practices and provide him with a surefire method of never losing debates again. My suggestion is that we give him what he wants by ignoring his bilge. He is free to express whatever convoluted opinions he wishes to preach, but we should not vote on his debates or participate in his discussions. Since he thrives on insult wars, he will eventually get bored and move on.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:21:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
OMG, do you find any fault with my solution? What is wrong with giving him the acknowledgment that he desires?
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:23:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:13:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:07:33 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

JT can express whatever idea he wants as long as he provides evidence or reasoning behind it. JT's ideas are not something we have to "sanction" or sign off on for them to be acceptable.

That is not the problem that I have with him. The issue is the fact that he harasses everyone who does not vote for him in a debate and that he believes that he is utterly superior to everyone else. Giving a tie to him even though he clearly lost does nothing but justify his practices and provide him with a surefire method of never losing debates again. My suggestion is that we give him what he wants by ignoring his bilge. He is free to express whatever convoluted opinions he wishes to preach, but we should not vote on his debates or participate in his discussions. Since he thrives on insult wars, he will eventually get bored and move on.

You do realize that you could've just Pm'd 000ike, and nonentity about this issue and saved an entire forum topic about it, thus giving him what he wants.

I do think jimtimmy has some good information to post, but agree that he has gotten very hostile, although some his adversaries often times aren't much better.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:24:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:21:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
OMG, do you find any fault with my solution? What is wrong with giving him the acknowledgment that he desires?

I'd say the better solution is just ignoring his negative remarks and stop interacting with him if you don't like him.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:38:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:13:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:07:33 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

JT can express whatever idea he wants as long as he provides evidence or reasoning behind it. JT's ideas are not something we have to "sanction" or sign off on for them to be acceptable.

That is not the problem that I have with him. The issue is the fact that he harasses everyone who does not vote for him in a debate and that he believes that he is utterly superior to everyone else. Giving a tie to him even though he clearly lost does nothing but justify his practices and provide him with a surefire method of never losing debates again. My suggestion is that we give him what he wants by ignoring his bilge. He is free to express whatever convoluted opinions he wishes to preach, but we should not vote on his debates or participate in his discussions. Since he thrives on insult wars, he will eventually get bored and move on.

By all means, ignore him if you don't like his responses. However, as a debate judge I need to judge him on the quality of his arguments and his responses rather than whether I'm sanctioning his activities (however abusive they may be) in the long run. The fact is in this debate there are several legitimate voters who have given the win to both sides and as far as I can tell the debate is extremely close even though I haven't read it. Right now JT is winning by 1 point but with a debate this big 1 point really isn't enough to warrant a legitimate with especially with vote bombs and counter vote bombs.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:40:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:38:32 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:13:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:07:33 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

JT can express whatever idea he wants as long as he provides evidence or reasoning behind it. JT's ideas are not something we have to "sanction" or sign off on for them to be acceptable.

That is not the problem that I have with him. The issue is the fact that he harasses everyone who does not vote for him in a debate and that he believes that he is utterly superior to everyone else. Giving a tie to him even though he clearly lost does nothing but justify his practices and provide him with a surefire method of never losing debates again. My suggestion is that we give him what he wants by ignoring his bilge. He is free to express whatever convoluted opinions he wishes to preach, but we should not vote on his debates or participate in his discussions. Since he thrives on insult wars, he will eventually get bored and move on.

By all means, ignore him if you don't like his responses. However, as a debate judge I need to judge him on the quality of his arguments and his responses rather than whether I'm sanctioning his activities (however abusive they may be) in the long run. The fact is in this debate there are several legitimate voters who have given the win to both sides and as far as I can tell the debate is extremely close even though I haven't read it. Right now JT is winning by 1 point but with a debate this big 1 point really isn't enough to warrant a legitimate with especially with vote bombs and counter vote bombs.

Again, you are missing the point. My argument is that we should not judge him at all. Let him spew whatever nonsense he wishes, stop entering debates and discussions with him, and let his friends votebomb whatever few debate he is able to enter into. That will take care of him pretty quickly.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:44:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 1:40:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:38:32 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:13:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:07:33 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:04:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/19/2012 1:03:09 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At this point it might just be fair to declare it a tie.

That would just sanction jimtimmy's activities. I think that everyone should withdraw any non-JT vote and let JT have his empty victory.

JT can express whatever idea he wants as long as he provides evidence or reasoning behind it. JT's ideas are not something we have to "sanction" or sign off on for them to be acceptable.

That is not the problem that I have with him. The issue is the fact that he harasses everyone who does not vote for him in a debate and that he believes that he is utterly superior to everyone else. Giving a tie to him even though he clearly lost does nothing but justify his practices and provide him with a surefire method of never losing debates again. My suggestion is that we give him what he wants by ignoring his bilge. He is free to express whatever convoluted opinions he wishes to preach, but we should not vote on his debates or participate in his discussions. Since he thrives on insult wars, he will eventually get bored and move on.

By all means, ignore him if you don't like his responses. However, as a debate judge I need to judge him on the quality of his arguments and his responses rather than whether I'm sanctioning his activities (however abusive they may be) in the long run. The fact is in this debate there are several legitimate voters who have given the win to both sides and as far as I can tell the debate is extremely close even though I haven't read it. Right now JT is winning by 1 point but with a debate this big 1 point really isn't enough to warrant a legitimate with especially with vote bombs and counter vote bombs.

Again, you are missing the point. My argument is that we should not judge him at all. Let him spew whatever nonsense he wishes, stop entering debates and discussions with him, and let his friends votebomb whatever few debate he is able to enter into. That will take care of him pretty quickly.

Some of his debates are actually interesting though, so there's no reason why everyone should just stop judging his debates. If you and the others who have problems with him wish to stop engaging with him, by all means go ahead. The whole drama thing can finally be put to a rest.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...