Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

So....I'm confused to how this drama even...

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:19:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Full title: ....I'm confused to how this drama even initiated.

Could someone please offer a recap as to why I see threads and threads of personal attacks, insults (with only one of mine against ike), and so forth in the debate forum?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:20:21 PM
I have already created a solution to the problem. We need not concern ourselves with the troll for much longer.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:20:47 PM
Ok.

A long time ago in galaxy far, far away turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.
Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.
While the congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict....
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:24:54 PM
At 2/19/2012 1:20:47 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Ok.

A long time ago in galaxy far, far away turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.
Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.
While the congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict....

E "Qui si convien lasciare ogne sospetto;
ogne viltà convien che qui sia morta."--La divina commedia....

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:28:28 PM
At 2/19/2012 1:24:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Ok.

Ek hou van die spel waar ons verwar mekaar met vreemde tale.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:30:50 PM
Ok.

So is the Trade Federation like some sort of mercenaries, or corporation, or government entity. Like what's the point of this blockade? Whose taxing the trade route?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:31:25 PM
At 2/19/2012 1:28:28 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Ok.

"...dum loquimur, fugerit invida
aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."--Horace

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:32:01 PM
I have a great idea. Since no one cares about the drama, the people who wanna argue should take it to the Record Attempt At Most Posts thread instead of making new topics.
kfc
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:34:39 PM
At 2/19/2012 1:28:28 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Ok.

Dit is nie moeilik om te besef wat jy sê.Google vertaal is so nuttig.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:34:54 PM
At 2/19/2012 1:32:01 PM, Koopin wrote:
I have a great idea. Since no one cares about the drama, the people who wanna argue should take it to the Record Attempt At Most Posts thread instead of making new topics.

That's a good idea indeed...and hopefully people will notice that I am involved in this little affair revolving around ike, jimtimmy, nonentity, and so forth....(I just wanted to say that after seeing how one day of insults leads me to being branded as a "problem" of the site).

MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:35:50 PM

Quidem
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 2:07:10 PM

I think the purpose of the threads is to make them as public as possible and incite reactions from a wide range of DDO members. Moving it to the Most Posts thread would undermine that and is therefore not a solution.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 2:07:38 PM
I blame Bush.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 2:10:34 PM
Once upon a time, someone, somewhere, decided it would be a great idea to create a website dedicated to arguments and disagreement. As a result people have been tearing eachother apart and bickering over a broad spectrum of issues since its conception. The end.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 2:11:11 PM
At 2/19/2012 2:07:38 PM, BarackObama wrote:
I blame Bush.

I didn't know Obama got a DDO account.
President of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 2:19:24 PM
At 2/19/2012 2:07:38 PM, thett3 wrote:
I blame Bush.

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 2:22:28 PM
At 2/19/2012 2:19:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/19/2012 2:07:38 PM, thett3 wrote:
I blame Bush.

+1

Was zum Teufel ist schlimmer Obama und die Rezession geht um Clinton! Zumindest war er ein guter Führer und tat, was er für richtig hielt und nicht genutzt hat einem Teleprompter 25/7.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:00:31 PM
At 2/19/2012 1:30:50 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Ok.

So is the Trade Federation like some sort of mercenaries, or corporation, or government entity. Like what's the point of this blockade? Whose taxing the trade route?

It's a megacorporation that fell under the influence of Darth Sidious (Palpatine). He manipulated them into blockading and subsequently invading Naboo in order to create a situation where he could become chancellor.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:04:32 PM
At 2/19/2012 3:00:31 PM, Physik wrote:
Ok.

It's a megacorporation that fell under the influence of Darth Sidious (Palpatine). He manipulated them into blockading and subsequently invading Naboo in order to create a situation where he could become chancellor.

Why would the megacorporation fall under the infleunce of darth sidious? That's kind of bad business model you know. Don't realize how they became such a large megacorporation with such a bad plan.
Open borders debate:
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:13:15 PM
At 2/19/2012 3:04:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/19/2012 3:00:31 PM, Physik wrote:
Ok.

Why would the megacorporation fall under the infleunce of darth sidious? That's kind of bad business model you know. Don't realize how they became such a large megacorporation with such a bad plan.

Because it was lead by a race that was great with money, naive at pretty much everything else.

Besides, a guy that can shoot lightening from his fingers is very persuasive.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico