Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Don't Put Your Resolution in the Form of a ?

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:52:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Helpful tip to those who like to do this:

Don't phrase your resolution in the form of a question.

It's annoying. It's harder to tell what each side is debating and it just shouldn't be done in a professional debate setting.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:57:22 PM
What's the point of this thread? Tell that the people who put their resolutions in the form of a question. 99% of the people that visit the forums are already aware of this...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 8:00:21 PM
Well, this thread is at least an attempt to help newcomers, even though it's a bit redundant....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:51:14 PM
At 2/28/2012 9:47:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Jeez, I can't even be helpful without Ike jumping down my throat.

All I did was politely remind you that this thread was unnecessary.

You know I gave to charity today Ike, got anything mean to say?

Yes. Those damn poor people have no right or entitlement to any free money. Instead of handing them over some cash, use that money to get them to a job and stop leeching off society, expecting charity funds. You're a contributor to our society's moral decay, and you're facilitating the laziness and uselessness of the lower class. Thank you for making the world a worse place to live in.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:52:50 PM
At 2/28/2012 9:51:14 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yes. Those damn poor people have no right or entitlement to any free money. Instead of handing them over some cash, use that money to get them to a job and stop leeching off society, expecting charity funds. You're a contributor to our society's moral decay, and you're facilitating the laziness and uselessness of the lower class. Thank you for making the world a worse place to live in.

Haha. I believe in charity, just not mandatory government charity (i.e welfare)
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 2:04:27 AM
At 2/28/2012 9:52:50 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:51:14 PM, 000ike wrote:

Haha. I believe in charity, just not mandatory government charity (i.e welfare)

Because I'm bored;

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means "son of encouragement"), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet.
- Acts 4:32-37 NIV
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico