Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:00:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Seriously, I fail!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:14:45 PM
Read your opponents arguments, understand the LOGIC behind them, and refute it. Imagine yourself in their place, and think of what responses you would be afraid to here and then make those responses.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:19:34 PM
research your topic THOROUGHLY. Anticipate your opponent's response and then configure your counter-response before you even make an argument. Also understand logic and if an argument is logically unstable to you, chances are, your opponent is well aware, so don't use it.

You're debating a very cunning and skilled opponent for your abortion debate, so be warned.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:32:58 PM
At 2/28/2012 9:14:45 PM, thett3 wrote:
Read your opponents arguments, understand the LOGIC behind them, and refute it. Imagine yourself in their place, and think of what responses you would be afraid to here and then make those responses.

Best advice I've heard. The only thing I'd add is, when you can't refute it, don't. Just argue something else entirely.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:35:48 PM
Read good debates. Debates by Danielle, Grape, Freeman, J.Kenyon, CiRrK are all good to read to learn.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.