Jump to topic:

argument time

FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:29:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just curious, do people ever do debates on here with, say, 10 minutes of time for each Round? I haven't seen any, but I'd be interested in doing debates with ridiculous time constraints, if anyone else is interested.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:32:10 PM
I've seen bullet debates with 30 minutes per round. The downside to such debates is that instigators can easily have their case and possible future arguments already typed out and ready for posting.

I'd be interested in doing such a debate if, let's say, the contender proposed 3-5 topics for debate and Pro began arguments in R2 by picking one of those topics. That might level the playing field as far as prep work goes.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Anayansi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:34:33 PM
I think that it would be fun, some basic rules would be no quotes necessary, and maybe only 1000 characters per round. The debate would have to rely on logic and common knowledge only.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 12:53:16 AM
At 3/1/2012 11:32:10 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've seen bullet debates with 30 minutes per round. The downside to such debates is that instigators can easily have their case and possible future arguments already typed out and ready for posting.

I'd be interested in doing such a debate if, let's say, the contender proposed 3-5 topics for debate and Pro began arguments in R2 by picking one of those topics. That might level the playing field as far as prep work goes.

I like that idea, let me know if you ever want to do it and we can figure out when we both have the time.