Jump to topic:

Something that needs to be changed imediately

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:03:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The default voting period for debates, three days, is way too short. Many members, especially new ones, are just leaving it at default not realizing how short it actually is. Default should be at least one month in my opinion.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:05:56 AM
You're right. I started a long debate, and a about 10 minutes after my opponent accepted, I wondered if I remembered to fix the voting period to 1 month. I don't know and I can't check. If I didn't, that would mean a 8,000 char round, 4 round long, debate would probably go unvoted and end in 3 days.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:07:38 AM
I agree with this. Too many debates are ending in ties because of members accidentally choosing the 3 day voting period. One month is quite a long time though - I usually set my debates for a 2 week voting period.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:15:56 AM
At 3/3/2012 10:05:56 AM, 000ike wrote:
You're right. I started a long debate, and a about 10 minutes after my opponent accepted, I wondered if I remembered to fix the voting period to 1 month. I don't know and I can't check. If I didn't, that would mean a 8,000 char round, 4 round long, debate would probably go unvoted and end in 3 days.

If it is, send it too me after you're done, and I'll read it.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:18:10 AM
After a week, the debates usually are never voted on anyway, in my experience.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:25:17 AM
I agree. We need more people to start voting. Unfortunately, I am STILL waiting for ddo to activate my account.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:42:50 AM
ask innomen to request this fix from Juggle on Thursday
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 3:09:24 PM
At 3/3/2012 11:25:18 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Whoa whoa, you can still keep the 3 day to 1 week voting period right? Because I like those better.

yes, simply the minor change.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...