mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 2:38:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/29/2009 11:13:10 AM, Nags wrote:
I lost.....

Can someone who voted against me please explain this.

Perhaps your opponent lost a debate through vote abuse, and used it as an excuse for his friends to vote-bomb you.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 2:45:57 PM
I'd say some people are either annoyed at you making a thread about this (as there was a spike in the votes in favor of your opponent upon this thread being made) or were amused at how easy it was to get a rise out of you. In the future, you should probably not give matters like these much attention and let them resolve themselves (if I recall, you had linked this debate to a thread, claiming to have been abused after merely one vote was given to your opponent) because they usually do.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 2:52:53 PM
At 6/29/2009 2:45:57 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
(if I recall, you had linked this debate to a thread, claiming to have been abused after merely one vote was given to your opponent) because they usually do.

Yea, that was me. I only did that because the debate didn't show up on the front page (because he forfeited every round).

Ehh... it's whatever though. It's not like wins/losses matter.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 4:16:01 PM
I don't see why anyone would vote against you there. I'm sure there are double-accounts involved.

I'd report, say "other", then explain that you believe that voters have double-accounts.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 4:22:35 PM
At 6/29/2009 4:16:01 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I don't see why anyone would vote against you there. I'm sure there are double-accounts involved.

I'd report, say "other", then explain that you believe that voters have double-accounts.

I just did that. Thanks.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 4:24:46 PM
At 6/29/2009 4:22:35 PM, Nags wrote:
At 6/29/2009 4:16:01 PM, wjmelements wrote:

I just did that. Thanks.

I did that when someone named BigBrother was trolling me. He made like 8 accounts and dropped 7 points on every debate that I had in the voting period.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
iamadragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2009 9:55:01 PM
Sorry you lost, I voted for you, but seriously. Look at all the best debaters on this site. They all understand that vote bombing is ultimately important the point is to have fun and get better. The people who are getting worked up over this are all... I mean, not necessarily bad, but they're too concerned with the results than just debating. Calm down, and just have fun. We all know you won that; whether the votes reflect that is just unimportant.