Jump to topic:

Ethical Voting

tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:46:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is it ethical to vote for somebody to win a debate just because you like them?

Is it ethical to vote for somebody to win a debate just because you have known them longer?

If no,

Is it ethical to vote Thad for president based on those two things?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:47:36 PM
At 3/10/2012 6:46:46 PM, tyler90az wrote:

No.

Is it ethical to vote for somebody to win a debate just because you have known them longer?

No.

If no,

Those rules do not apply to Sky Pirates... Jeez...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:48:35 PM
Tyler, I'm curious if you know Thaddeus well and how you know that those who have voted in his favor are acting out of preference, a "tyranny of the mind"...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 6:51:46 PM
At 3/10/2012 6:48:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Tyler, I'm curious if you know Thaddeus well and how you know that those who have voted in his favor are acting out of preference, a "tyranny of the mind"...

The majority of those voting for him, I highly doubt have ever even had a sustained conversation with thaddeus for more than 10 minutes. They're voting because:

1. Thaddeus has a preexisting affiliation with Innomen

2. Thaddeus is more familiar and liked in the forums than the other 2

3. Thaddeus is in the lead, so...why not widen it?

Tyler certainly has a point.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 7:04:35 PM
At 3/10/2012 6:51:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/10/2012 6:48:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

The majority of those voting for him, I highly doubt have ever even had a sustained conversation with thaddeus for more than 10 minutes. They're voting because:

1. Thaddeus has a preexisting affiliation with Innomen

2. Thaddeus is more familiar and liked in the forums than the other 2

3. Thaddeus is in the lead, so...why not widen it?

Tyler certainly has a point.

Well typed, well typed.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 11:35:56 AM
At 3/10/2012 6:46:46 PM, tyler90az wrote:

If no,

No for all of them.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.