Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Announcing my candidacy

darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:43:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I announce that I, darkkermit will be running for president. I know the election is still for awhile, but quite a few members have already announced their candidacy, so I will as well.

Along side, my VP running mate will be imabench.

PLATFORM:

We wish to continue with similar plans as the innomen administration. This means If we can get access to moderation ability, then we will ban members who are obvious trolls (spambots, multiaccounters, and other obvious behavior) and create fair trial for members who are borderline trolls.

We also would like to continue with community participation and get others involved with DDO participation. This means we will listen to feedback to improve the site, and try to work out conflicts between rival members. We want to make the DDO community a place where everyone can enjoy it.

We also plan on communicating with the staff of Juggle. One of the problems is that debate.org is not profitable enough for Juggle to invest in updating debate.org. We wish to find ways to make Juggle more profitable without alienating the community. For example, advertisements (no pop ups though) and a "special feature" part of DDO in which only paid members can cause Juggle to pay more attention to us. This is again, something we would like community feedback from.

We also plan on recruiting some good debaters from across the internet. Some ideas to recruit members is creating an inter-website debate.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:46:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I now have to decide between Thaddeus and Darkkermit...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:48:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:46:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I now have to decide between Thaddeus and Darkkermit...

No, you're voting for thett3
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:48:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:48:03 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I now have to decide between Thaddeus and Darkkermit...

No, you're voting for thett3

You and what body or police force to reinforce your threats, mate?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:49:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
we should make a poll! jk
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:49:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:48:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:48:03 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I now have to decide between Thaddeus and Darkkermit...

No, you're voting for thett3

You and what body or police force to reinforce your threats, mate?

you mean other than the silent majority? But I actually do have a plan ;) just wait and see
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:49:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If this announcement isn't a joke, I might vote for you
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:50:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?

Innomen said that he had a method to talking with Juggle. I will talk to him about the appropriate attitude to talk to Juggle If elected. Imabench and I are both legally adults, so we're hoping that will increase Juggle's chance of talking to us.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:51:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:49:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
If this announcement isn't a joke, I might vote for you

This is not a joke. I don't see how this would seem like a joke.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:52:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:50:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?

Innomen said that he had a method to talking with Juggle. I will talk to him about the appropriate attitude to talk to Juggle If elected. Imabench and I are both legally adults, so we're hoping that will increase Juggle's chance of talking to us.

Interesting. I do feel that you are more qualified than either Jimtimmy or Tyler in terms of experience as part of the DDO community.

Do you think that there were any issues during Innomen's campaign that could have been resolved during that set of time? And if so, what are your solutions?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:58:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:52:41 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:50:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?

Innomen said that he had a method to talking with Juggle. I will talk to him about the appropriate attitude to talk to Juggle If elected. Imabench and I are both legally adults, so we're hoping that will increase Juggle's chance of talking to us.

Interesting. I do feel that you are more qualified than either Jimtimmy or Tyler in terms of experience as part of the DDO community.

Do you think that there were any issues during Innomen's campaign that could have been resolved during that set of time? And if so, what are your solutions?

Well of course there's always more that could have been done.

I think Innomen has used his current powers, banning and moderation abilities, appropriately and don't think there were needs of change there.

However, a lot of the issues is that Innomen can't exactly control other humans so getting him to control Juggle's actions or the culture of DDO is difficult. I don't fully know how he interacted with Juggle and other members of the community so I don't know what I would do differently, If I don't fully know what Innomen did in the first place.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:00:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:58:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:52:41 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:50:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?

Innomen said that he had a method to talking with Juggle. I will talk to him about the appropriate attitude to talk to Juggle If elected. Imabench and I are both legally adults, so we're hoping that will increase Juggle's chance of talking to us.

Interesting. I do feel that you are more qualified than either Jimtimmy or Tyler in terms of experience as part of the DDO community.

Do you think that there were any issues during Innomen's campaign that could have been resolved during that set of time? And if so, what are your solutions?

Well of course there's always more that could have been done.

I think Innomen has used his current powers, banning and moderation abilities, appropriately and don't think there were needs of change there.

However, a lot of the issues is that Innomen can't exactly control other humans so getting him to control Juggle's actions or the culture of DDO is difficult. I don't fully know how he interacted with Juggle and other members of the community so I don't know what I would do differently, If I don't fully know what Innomen did in the first place.

And what steps would you take to control the "culture" of DDO then???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:01:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 2:56:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Even though, you know, the interweb debating might be a long shot if you plan on getting juggle to help you with that.

I don't expect juggle to help me out with that. It's just a tourney and we've had tournaments self-organized on DDO. It's just a matter of interacting with other people on the webs and discussing DDO without coming off as a spamming troll.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:04:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do endorse you Darkkermit but am also interested in what Thaddeus has to offer.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:06:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:00:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:58:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:52:41 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:50:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?

Innomen said that he had a method to talking with Juggle. I will talk to him about the appropriate attitude to talk to Juggle If elected. Imabench and I are both legally adults, so we're hoping that will increase Juggle's chance of talking to us.

Interesting. I do feel that you are more qualified than either Jimtimmy or Tyler in terms of experience as part of the DDO community.

Do you think that there were any issues during Innomen's campaign that could have been resolved during that set of time? And if so, what are your solutions?

Well of course there's always more that could have been done.

I think Innomen has used his current powers, banning and moderation abilities, appropriately and don't think there were needs of change there.

However, a lot of the issues is that Innomen can't exactly control other humans so getting him to control Juggle's actions or the culture of DDO is difficult. I don't fully know how he interacted with Juggle and other members of the community so I don't know what I would do differently, If I don't fully know what Innomen did in the first place.

And what steps would you take to control the "culture" of DDO then???

I'd like to talk to members who I believe are causing flame wars and see If the members can resolve their differences.

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:08:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:06:09 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:00:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:58:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:52:41 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:50:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 2:46:39 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Hmmm...As a question, while I also endorse your candidacy as well, do you know the appropriate attitude to approach Juggle in suggesting reforms, Darkkermit?

Innomen said that he had a method to talking with Juggle. I will talk to him about the appropriate attitude to talk to Juggle If elected. Imabench and I are both legally adults, so we're hoping that will increase Juggle's chance of talking to us.

Interesting. I do feel that you are more qualified than either Jimtimmy or Tyler in terms of experience as part of the DDO community.

Do you think that there were any issues during Innomen's campaign that could have been resolved during that set of time? And if so, what are your solutions?

Well of course there's always more that could have been done.

I think Innomen has used his current powers, banning and moderation abilities, appropriately and don't think there were needs of change there.

However, a lot of the issues is that Innomen can't exactly control other humans so getting him to control Juggle's actions or the culture of DDO is difficult. I don't fully know how he interacted with Juggle and other members of the community so I don't know what I would do differently, If I don't fully know what Innomen did in the first place.

And what steps would you take to control the "culture" of DDO then???

I'd like to talk to members who I believe are causing flame wars and see If the members can resolve their differences.

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.

Will you try to make the "culture" of DDO more sophisticated and "rich" or is it not necessary to do so?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:14:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:08:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.

Will you try to make the "culture" of DDO more sophisticated and "rich" or is it not necessary to do so?

I believe DDO should have some sophistication to it, yes. Like I wouldn't want to see a bunch of starcraftzzz on DDO.

One should be able to have a discussion on DDO and it be better then political comments on youtube.

However, the cool trolling like those done by Freedo is fun and shouldn't be discouraged.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:15:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:14:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:08:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.

Will you try to make the "culture" of DDO more sophisticated and "rich" or is it not necessary to do so?

I believe DDO should have some sophistication to it, yes. Like I wouldn't want to see a bunch of starcraftzzz on DDO.

One should be able to have a discussion on DDO and it be better then political comments on youtube.

However, the cool trolling like those done by Freedo is fun and shouldn't be discouraged.

Will you maintain regular contact with DDO as president? (one of the few points of criticism of Innomen brought up by our lovely member, Dear Ike.)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:16:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:15:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:14:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:08:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.

Will you try to make the "culture" of DDO more sophisticated and "rich" or is it not necessary to do so?

I believe DDO should have some sophistication to it, yes. Like I wouldn't want to see a bunch of starcraftzzz on DDO.

One should be able to have a discussion on DDO and it be better then political comments on youtube.

However, the cool trolling like those done by Freedo is fun and shouldn't be discouraged.

Will you maintain regular contact with DDO as president? (one of the few points of criticism of Innomen brought up by our lovely member, Dear Ike.)

Yes, I do now don't I?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:16:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:14:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:08:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.

Will you try to make the "culture" of DDO more sophisticated and "rich" or is it not necessary to do so?

I believe DDO should have some sophistication to it, yes. Like I wouldn't want to see a bunch of starcraftzzz on DDO.

One should be able to have a discussion on DDO and it be better then political comments on youtube.

However, the cool trolling like those done by Freedo is fun and shouldn't be discouraged.

FREEDO is always srs bsns... don't speak ill of his Dictator-Bureaucracy.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:33:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:16:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:15:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:14:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:08:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Don't get me wrong, flame wars will always occur on DDO and sometimes its interesting to make DDO more excited. But sometimes it can just get bad.

Will you try to make the "culture" of DDO more sophisticated and "rich" or is it not necessary to do so?

I believe DDO should have some sophistication to it, yes. Like I wouldn't want to see a bunch of starcraftzzz on DDO.

One should be able to have a discussion on DDO and it be better then political comments on youtube.

However, the cool trolling like those done by Freedo is fun and shouldn't be discouraged.

Will you maintain regular contact with DDO as president? (one of the few points of criticism of Innomen brought up by our lovely member, Dear Ike.)

Yes, I do now don't I?

Irritated???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:37:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Look like it's now between Thaddeus and DK for me.

You guys should debate on why you/he would be a better candidate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:49:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
An interesting turn of events. I will say that I have looked to Dark any number of times for his input in decision making and have found that he possesses a prudent yet creative approach toward the site. He doesn't allow emotions to muddle his point of view or decision making. Although this is not a formal endorsement, I do think that Darkkermit would make a fine president.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:51:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:49:42 PM, innomen wrote:
An interesting turn of events. I will say that I have looked to Dark any number of times for his input in decision making and have found that he possesses a prudent yet creative approach toward the site. He doesn't allow emotions to muddle his point of view or decision making. Although this is not a formal endorsement, I do think that Darkkermit would make a fine president.

And what of Thaddeus? How do you envision him as President???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:54:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:49:42 PM, innomen wrote:
An interesting turn of events. I will say that I have looked to Dark any number of times for his input in decision making and have found that he possesses a prudent yet creative approach toward the site. He doesn't allow emotions to muddle his point of view or decision making. Although this is not a formal endorsement, I do think that Darkkermit would make a fine president.

What are your thoughts on the FREEDOcracy?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:56:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll support you DK, even if you are just a kid ;)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 3:56:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/11/2012 3:51:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 3/11/2012 3:49:42 PM, innomen wrote:
An interesting turn of events. I will say that I have looked to Dark any number of times for his input in decision making and have found that he possesses a prudent yet creative approach toward the site. He doesn't allow emotions to muddle his point of view or decision making. Although this is not a formal endorsement, I do think that Darkkermit would make a fine president.

And what of Thaddeus? How do you envision him as President???

I like Thaddeus a lot, and suggested some time ago that he should be president. I also think it's time for a non-American to be president. However, ideologically we do differ and he is far less structured in his approach toward things like banning. Although he has some great ideas with regard to the rights of the members.