Jump to topic:

And DNinja's hat enters the ring!

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:22:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes indeedy do. I, Dninja, hereby announce my candidacy for Debate.org president.

Let me preface by saying that I understand that I am not a legal adult. I also understand that this probably would mean that I would not be a good conduit between the community and Juggle. However, I urge that this is not the reason one should discount a vote for me.

My platform will be primarily focused on our community and in-community initiatives. Help from Juggle, while nice, is something that I believe we as a community must not be dependent on. We can make DDO a great place without massive changes to the site code. My vision is for a DDO community that is stimulant to all sorts of ideas. One that can disagree and argue without obtrusive drama as seen in the past. Now, onto specific things I would try to help along the way if elected.

1) Adopt-a-noob programs. This will most likely take place in the form of an updated version of the rudimentary AaN which I began in the Mafia subcommunity, as well as one in the overall debate-oriented subcommunity. This could be accomplished either through a Minister of DDO immigration type-thing, or through 2 ministers--one for each sect.

2) Miscellaneous initiatives. These would encompass things such as the book club I started (which is fairly slow). We could have poetry/writing sharing groups as well. I believe that by creating initiatives, we can create a more welcoming and friendly DDO.

3) CONFLICT RESOLUTION AVENUES. This is the biggest push that made me seriously consider running in the first place, at least for this election. While healthy arguing and disagreements are fine, I would try to establish a service through PMs and such that would help people who have seriously disruptive, personal disagreements/problems. This would help the friendly atmosphere I envision, as well as reducing the amount of disruption and possible bannings that may have occurred otherwise.

4) A Bill of Rights. Yes, Thad indeed proposed this, but I'm not afraid to say that this is part of my platform as well, and for very similar reasons. For a community of intellectualism as well as well, DISCUSSION, we must have some stickied thread or otherwise that lists all members' rights. These could include freedom of speech (a big thing I advocate) and the right to not be abused on DDO.

Now, onto two things that I would advocate IF Juggle were willing:

1) Laxer TOS. This is a famous complaint, as well as the following one. I share it. I'm not as adament about it, but I agree. Some more relaxed TOS would lead to better discussions/fun, I believe.

2) Updated BIG Issues. I believe this doesn't need much description.

3) Anything else that's simpler than big overhauls.

Although my platform might seem a bit ho-hum, and although my reputation isn't as widespread as other candidates, the biggest thing you should take away from me is the one thing that I am focusing on this election: our community. We are like no other. We're very tight-knit. And I believe that we could make this place even better if I'm elected.

If you support me, and have any ideas for more possible platform ideas, drop me a line. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Also: I am in need of a VP. I have been planning on running for several months, but my previous VP dropped, and my replacement declined. So please, also drop me a line if you care to be my running mate.

My party's name is subject to change in the future, but for now, I'll simply call it the Dninja 4 DDO Party as a working name.

Thank you, and please--feel free to respond to this brief platform.

Humbly,
Dninja
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:32:30 PM
And what qualities are you looking for in your vp?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:37:31 PM
At 3/11/2012 10:32:30 PM, imabench wrote:

IDEALLY, it would be someone I'm friendly with on DDO--someone I know I can trust as a good running mate--that cares about the things described in the paragraph below this one.

I realize that "ideally" doesn't really happen too much. So REALISTICALLY, it would be someone who shares the same ideal of a community conducive to discussion and learning. Someone who genuinely cares about the community, and wants to see it be a place where things are more smooth and pleasant for all.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:38:48 PM
At 3/11/2012 10:37:31 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 3/11/2012 10:32:30 PM, imabench wrote:

IDEALLY, it would be someone I'm friendly with on DDO--someone I know I can trust as a good running mate--that cares about the things described in the paragraph below this one.

I realize that "ideally" doesn't really happen too much. So REALISTICALLY, it would be someone who shares the same ideal of a community conducive to discussion and learning. Someone who genuinely cares about the community, and wants to see it be a place where things are more smooth and pleasant for all.

Don't take that as a starry-eyed fantasy where no one argues. The whole point of the site is to argue. But I think there's a boundary between healthy debate and when people just have personal problems with each other. And that's when Conflict Resolution would come in.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 9:04:17 AM
DN, I like you and all, but it's still between DK and Thad for me.

Why?

Because, sorry, but they are older, and Innomen has said how he would like them both.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 4:25:27 PM
At 3/12/2012 10:33:21 AM, Koopin wrote:
I also like dn, but he can't win.

I understand, and, while it would be nice to win, my candidacy is more about spreading my ideas.

I'm still going to run all the way to the end of course, but I recognize that it'll be an uphill battle. A steep, STEEP uphill battle.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 4:27:04 PM
At 3/12/2012 4:25:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 3/12/2012 10:33:21 AM, Koopin wrote:
I also like dn, but he can't win.

I understand, and, while it would be nice to win, my candidacy is more about spreading my ideas.

I'm still going to run all the way to the end of course, but I recognize that it'll be an uphill battle. A steep, STEEP uphill battle.

Insert Ron Paul comparison __________
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.