Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Have u ever made your opponent concede using

phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:06:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
90% nonsensical arguments?

Read the part "On whether my opponent should be on this site", and down. It's almost complete nonsensical crap. If you understand the words used you'll realize most of it doesn't make the tiniest amount of sense. I just threw in a bunch of words I knew he wouldn't know, switched around and replaced words of copied sentances from other debates and even made up some words myself as well as other stuff.

http://www.debate.org...

Here's one paragraph for example.

"The mere concept of this argument does not entail onto-illogical equivocation. While we may conceive of beings as having the property of being unkowing, contemplations and actions are not properties at all . More specifically, existence is not a perfection, thus it does not entail onto-illogical equivocation. So the second premise is viable. This concerns whether our concept of the human mind corresponds to anything real, and pure reason can tell us that is valid. We can show that the classic onto-omnia argument fails by keeping the erroneous second premise and replacing the first one with: "Utopia is the most perfect ('the greatest') society conceivable." This parallel conclusion is clearly true. Only observation could determine that such things are natural."

Too a 13 year old kid this might look like some serious intelectual content, but in reality it makes as much sense as saying yesterday I will go up while sliding down a pole.

Not being able to decipher what the hell I was saying I guess he just gave up.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:12:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I award you the "Trololol" award.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:23:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
lol that's a little bit messed up
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:27:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/13/2012 10:06:12 PM, phantom wrote:
90% nonsensical arguments?

Read the part "On whether my opponent should be on this site", and down. It's almost complete nonsensical crap. If you understand the words used you'll realize most of it doesn't make the tiniest amount of sense. I just threw in a bunch of words I knew he wouldn't know, switched around and replaced words of copied sentances from other debates and even made up some words myself as well as other stuff.

http://www.debate.org...

Here's one paragraph for example.

"The mere concept of this argument does not entail onto-illogical equivocation. While we may conceive of beings as having the property of being unkowing, contemplations and actions are not properties at all . More specifically, existence is not a perfection, thus it does not entail onto-illogical equivocation. So the second premise is viable. This concerns whether our concept of the human mind corresponds to anything real, and pure reason can tell us that is valid. We can show that the classic onto-omnia argument fails by keeping the erroneous second premise and replacing the first one with: "Utopia is the most perfect ('the greatest') society conceivable." This parallel conclusion is clearly true. Only observation could determine that such things are natural."

Too a 13 year old kid this might look like some serious intelectual content, but in reality it makes as much sense as saying yesterday I will go up while sliding down a pole.

Not being able to decipher what the hell I was saying I guess he just gave up.

Love using confusing arguments on people who don't know how to debate.
Suffering is good? WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:30:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
does arguing that Poop doesnt have DNA using a made up animal count as winning with nonsensical arguments?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:30:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/13/2012 10:30:11 PM, imabench wrote:
does arguing that Poop doesnt have DNA using a made up animal count as winning with nonsensical arguments?

No one cares about your Demonized Nambian Antelopes.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:33:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
does this count then?

http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 10:34:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/13/2012 10:33:35 PM, imabench wrote:
does this count then?

http://www.debate.org...

He didn't concede fool
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 11:00:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/13/2012 10:34:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 3/13/2012 10:33:35 PM, imabench wrote:
does this count then?

http://www.debate.org...

He didn't concede fool

But if he does, does this count?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:55:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/13/2012 11:00:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/13/2012 10:34:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 3/13/2012 10:33:35 PM, imabench wrote:
does this count then?

http://www.debate.org...

He didn't concede fool

But if he does, does this count?

Yes but I don't think he'll concede lol.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 9:59:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

How about now
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 10:02:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 9:59:07 PM, imabench wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

How about now

Lol that will probably work.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 10:06:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 9:59:07 PM, imabench wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

How about now

"If A then B
If B then C
If C then not D
If Not D then maybe F
If E the G
If G and A then D
Since D is real then so is H
H is real, therefore F is actually real despite D existing at the same time C does
"

lmao this argument is epic
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 10:21:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 10:06:41 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/14/2012 9:59:07 PM, imabench wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

How about now

"If A then B
If B then C
If C then not D
If Not D then maybe F
If E the G
If G and A then D
Since D is real then so is H
H is real, therefore F is actually real despite D existing at the same time C does
"

lmao this argument is epic

muahahahahaha!!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:18:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 1:16:11 AM, 16kadams wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Your first round argument is not terribly sound.. but given the subject matter it may not need to be. Making it readable would have been nice though, as the topic could have otherwise been interesting (though the instigator may just be a troll).
Debate.org Moderator
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:23:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 1:18:54 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/15/2012 1:16:11 AM, 16kadams wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Your first round argument is not terribly sound.. but given the subject matter it may not need to be. Making it readable would have been nice though, as the topic could have otherwise been interesting (though the instigator may just be a troll).

He is a troll. I made it u readable on purpose.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 1:38:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/15/2012 1:23:03 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/15/2012 1:18:54 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/15/2012 1:16:11 AM, 16kadams wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Your first round argument is not terribly sound.. but given the subject matter it may not need to be. Making it readable would have been nice though, as the topic could have otherwise been interesting (though the instigator may just be a troll).

He is a troll. I made it u readable on purpose.

Maybe he's a porn addict who just needs to hear why porn isn't good for the soul. I think you missed an opportunity...
Debate.org Moderator
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 12:23:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am thinking about doing this for a writing assignment.

Is this a bad idea?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 12:45:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 12:38:07 AM, Viper-King wrote:
How do you do this?

?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 12:49:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 12:38:07 AM, Viper-King wrote:
How do you do this?

http://www.debate.org...

Make up a ton of stuff that actually sounds smart
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015