Jump to topic:

IMPORTANT Campaign Anouncement!

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:05:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm sure that we all saw this coming. However, I shall not make the actual announcement until the very end.

Several months ago, only about three weeks or so after the election of Dec. 2011, I began planning my presidential bid. I felt that, even though I would not get nor expect mod abilities with the presidency, I could still enact positive change, not just with myself, but with a collaborative effort with myself, my cabinet, and all of DDO. Also at that time, F16 agreed to be my running mate. We decided on the cornerstone of our campaign would be the goal of a friendly, cohesive DDO—this translates into the Conflict Resolution part of my platform. This was during the time of the jimtimmy v. 000ike et al drama. Another part of my campaign was to be noob accesibility. The Adopt-a-Noob programs in Mafia (which I initiated) and for DDO/debate in general (which myself/my cabinet would initiate, or try to) were the translations. A third main idea which came later was other Misc. intiatives, like the book club. While all my initiatives that I've started have died down, I genuinely thought/think that those could be handled in a much better way if the ones initiating had a bit more prestige, sway, and a team of collaborative cohorts to boot.

I think I would make a decent president. But, realistically speaking, my campaign has been nonexistant save for my candidacy anouncement. F16's activity died down significantly, leaving me bereft of a running mate. As well, my status in the DDO community, or lack thereof, eliminated me as an actual serious consideration.

Therefore, assuming that there wasn't and isn't any support for me, I hereby rescind my candidacy for president of DDO, and publicly endorse Thaddeus for president of DDO. His platform is one the most similar to mine in my own opinion.

While my candidacy would probably not get any votes, the risk for detracting votes away from major, real candidates isn't one I want to take. I made that mini-speech earlier to make this point: please know that my decision to run did not fail because of a haphazard venture into the race—it was actually well-planned out. But, I guess it was doomed to fail from the start, judging from my eventual competition.

However, I thank all those who might have supported me, even a little bit. It was...interesting...being the Ron Paul of the election (minus the fans).
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:27:19 PM
Thaddeus is shaping up to be the favorite in this race.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:51:12 PM
I like the ron paul reference at the end of the speech.... :)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:54:23 PM
I agree with DNinja's message about endorsing Thaddeus. I did agree to be his running mate a few months ago when I was so active on DDO that I hardly remember logging off. However, I had to drop out because I knew I couldn't maintain the same level of activity in the near future. I hoped that DNinja would find another VP but unfortunately that didn't work. I wish him luck the next time he runs.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 9:56:48 PM
At 3/23/2012 9:54:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I agree with DNinja's message about endorsing Thaddeus (I also endorseand Ore_Ele). I did agree to be his running mate a few months ago when I was so active on DDO that I hardly remember logging off. However, I had to drop out because I knew I couldn't maintain the same level of activity in the near future. I hoped that DNinja would find another VP but unfortunately that didn't work. I wish him luck the next time he runs.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:06:28 PM
dang I wanted you to steal his votes.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:13:08 PM
At 3/23/2012 10:06:28 PM, 16kadams wrote:
dang I wanted you to steal his votes.

I doubt I'd get any votes anyway.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus