DDO'S Political Affiliations *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 4:43:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Quick. Which party are you.
And does it reflect your religious beliefs.

How can you be Atheist and a Conservative. Its possible, but is sounds rather oxymoronic to me. =)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 4:46:37 PM
At 3/27/2012 4:43:28 PM, inferno wrote:

How can you be Atheist and a Conservative. Its possible, but is sounds rather oxymoronic to me. =)

Conservative values include One Nation Toryism, Thatcherism, traditional conservatism and that's just the British ideologies. In fact, ONT fits better nontheistically than it does theistically, imo.

And atheist social-libertarian, economic progressive.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 4:53:37 PM
At 3/27/2012 4:46:37 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

Conservative values include One Nation Toryism, Thatcherism, traditional conservatism and that's just the British ideologies. In fact, ONT fits better nontheistically than it does theistically, imo.

Were talking about Americans mostly here. America and the Uk still have a demographic that is mostly people who do believe in God or a Supreme Being.
Your ideology and junk science is fallible, flawed, and untrue.
Why do you follow lies.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 4:57:39 PM
At 3/27/2012 4:53:37 PM, inferno wrote:

Were talking about Americans mostly here. America and the Uk still have a demographic that is mostly people who do believe in God or a Supreme Being.
Why do you follow lies.

You remember section T of the terms and conditions? Also, I'd state that the majority of the UK are living atheistic lives, not doing religious things, except as a cultural value, not as a religious value.

http://www.patheos.com...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 4:59:05 PM

Why do you follow lies.

Also, you don't seem to have any interest with what I said, so why did you quote me on it? Talking about religious demographics shows you don't actually care about politics, you just want someone to talk to, because you're lonely. I'm going to enjoy this chat in four days time: peace and harmony at last.

(waiting for the BS about "you're time has come...myahahah I am your fatha")

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:01:30 PM
At 3/27/2012 4:59:05 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

Why do you follow lies.

Also, you don't seem to have any interest with what I said, so why did you quote me on it? Talking about religious demographics shows you don't actually care about politics, you just want someone to talk to, because you're lonely. I'm going to enjoy this chat in four days time: peace and harmony at last.

Is this the best you have. It was an epic fail. 10% demographic. You got work to do son. Nobody believes you. =)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:06:50 PM
At 3/27/2012 5:01:30 PM, inferno wrote:

Why do you follow lies.

Is this the best you have. It was an epic fail. 10% demographic. You got work to do son. Nobody believes you. =)

Did you read the link, or not? Oh, about the demographic:

http://www.vexen.co.uk...

50.7% of the British public say they are not religious.
66% have no connection with any religion or church.
Only 18% say they are a practicing member of an organized religion.

The summary is very nice.

Also, want to go back on track, or just get facts wrong some more?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:08:30 PM
At 3/27/2012 5:06:50 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

Why do you follow lies.

More junk science and stats. You need to get a life son. Youre stupid. Simple and plain.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:17:05 PM
At 3/27/2012 5:08:30 PM, inferno wrote:
At 3/27/2012 5:06:50 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

Why do you follow lies.

More junk science and stats. You need to get a life son. Youre stupid. Simple and plain.

Inferno, when you stop making things up, and start making intelligent comments, people will start taking you seriously. Do you like how all comments about you are either as a troll, or as a malicious troll? Seriously, if you actually want to gain some level of respect for being at some level an intelligent person, I truly think you should take a look at your posts, an try to learn the difference between insulting people and responding to others.

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:24:30 PM
I feel like inferno enjoys being labeled a troll. He likes the attention he gets. Perhaps DDO should begin a psychological study of inferno's mind :P
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:32:59 PM
At 3/27/2012 5:24:30 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
I feel like inferno enjoys being labeled a troll. He likes the attention he gets. Perhaps DDO should begin a psychological study of inferno's mind :P

I'm down for this, but I think we can simply label his psyche as one, easy-to-comprehend word:

Idiotic.

BOOM! Complex psychological analysis and study compressed into a single word that accurately describes inferno. I'm a fvcking boss.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:52:14 PM
I am a Pro-Government, predominantly economic progressive, and have liberal leaning social views.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:54:36 PM
And does it reflect your religious beliefs.:

No party, no religion, no problems.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 5:55:23 PM

No party. An-Cap.
Yeah. No Gods, No masters.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 6:30:58 PM
republican
no
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 7:48:09 PM

You're an oxy-less oxymoron.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 9:27:40 PM
Religion: none, atheist
Party: Libertarian Party
Economics: Austrian School
Blood Type: O-
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 9:35:40 PM
libertarian
agnostic theist

"Who then will blame Christians for not being able to give reasons for their beliefs, since they profess belief in a religion which they cannot explain? They declare, when they expound it to the world, that it is foolishness, stultitiam; and then you complain because they do not prove it! If they proved it, they would not keep their word; it is through their lack of proofs that they show they are not lacking in sense." - Blaise Pascal
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 9:42:30 PM
At 3/27/2012 9:35:40 PM, randolph7 wrote:
libertarian
agnostic theist

"Who then will blame Christians for not being able to give reasons for their beliefs, since they profess belief in a religion which they cannot explain? They declare, when they expound it to the world, that it is foolishness, stultitiam; and then you complain because they do not prove it! If they proved it, they would not keep their word; it is through their lack of proofs that they show they are not lacking in sense." - Blaise Pascal

I guess the question though is how my politics are affected by my spirituality (since I have no religion). I honestly don't see that it has much of an impact.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 10:04:17 PM

I'm unafiliated and generally lean to the right on most matters. I think Republicans and Democrats are largely counterproductive and sometimes do opposing things just to spite or interfere with the other.

I actually think Obama meant well in the beginning, but was unable to get the support to do some good things. My religious beliefs do have some affect on my politics, particularly with regard to Israel.

Ultimately, we have made many mistakes because we did not heed the advice of George Washington in his farewell address in 1796.