Who's still around from the olden days?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 2:06:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 1:57:31 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Gosh, I haven't really been on this website for at least a year now. What's up, hommies?

Nice to meet ya :D

Well lets see a lot of legends have left, a few came back but then ended up leaving again..... DDO is having a presidential election soon and since it also coincides with the US election in real life people are going all out for this one..... Lets see there have been a few trials on DDO where a few people have had the chance to defend their questionable actions, some have been banned for life others got a free walk.... Recently conservatives and liberals have been at each others throats while libertarians and everyone else is on the sidelines and they just laugh at the fighting.....

But other then that we are all just one huge dysfunctional family
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 2:31:44 PM
At 3/30/2012 2:06:30 PM, imabench wrote:
Gosh, I haven't really been on this website for at least a year now. What's up, hommies?

Well lets see a lot of legends have left, a few came back but then ended up leaving again..... DDO is having a presidential election soon and since it also coincides with the US election in real life people are going all out for this one..... Lets see there have been a few trials on DDO where a few people have had the chance to defend their questionable actions, some have been banned for life others got a free walk.... Recently conservatives and liberals have been at each others throats while libertarians and everyone else is on the sidelines and they just laugh at the fighting.....

True
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 2:32:40 PM
At 3/30/2012 2:31:44 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/30/2012 2:06:30 PM, imabench wrote:

True

Im dysfunctional? *O* WHats Dysfunctional? *__*
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 2:49:51 PM
I've been around for 4 years according to my profile.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:31:51 PM

FREEDO.

Ragnar occasionally shows up, but that's about it. Sad really.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:32:55 PM

O.O

Your that guy that made the second ever post on the forums of DDO, and the first ever by a non-mod!!!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:34:49 PM
At 3/30/2012 3:31:51 PM, innomen wrote:

FREEDO.

Koopin as well.

Nice to see ya Poe!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:36:53 PM
Just thought of some more.
Geo.
Reasoning.
Mirza sometimes pops in.
Eggleston

Yeah, we still got some survivors.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 7:27:26 PM
At 3/30/2012 6:51:44 PM, nonentity wrote:
I thought I was "old" :p

Hey, nonentity! :D

Man, I used to spend hours per day on this site. Good times.

Well, I'm in college now. Doing political activisism-ish stuff irl, instead of just talking about it. Was one of the kids who got pepper-sprayed for a nonviolent sit-down at UC Davis. Pic: http://www.flickr.com...

Been involved with Occupy stuffs. Permanently shut down a bank on my campus. Have a few legal things to deal with.

Became kind of an anarchist. Of the leftist variety, though.

How's everyone been? :)
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 7:29:02 PM
By the way, I find it hilarious that DDO still has serious ban-worthy drama. Oh my god. Since Day 1, I can tell you guys. Since Day 1. XD
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 8:16:03 PM
At 3/30/2012 7:29:02 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
By the way, I find it hilarious that DDO still has serious ban-worthy drama. Oh my god. Since Day 1, I can tell you guys. Since Day 1. XD

Thank you! Some guy named "grape" came in a thread where there were arguments yesterday saying that "DDO has gone down hill, blah, blah, blah."

I knew it was unlikely that DDO was ever this civil haven. People always like to do that pretentious crap to feel more mature than everyone else.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 8:44:46 PM
Well, I'm in college now. Doing political activisism-ish stuff irl, instead of just talking about it. Was one of the kids who got pepper-sprayed for a nonviolent sit-down at UC Davis. Pic: http://www.flickr.com...:

I've been pepper-sprayed 4 times and tear-gassed once... Good times.

Been involved with Occupy stuffs. Permanently shut down a bank on my campus. Have a few legal things to deal with.:

Pretty lame.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 9:16:34 PM
I suppose others such as ReformedArsenal, Contradiction, RoyLatham, Innomen (obviously), Keytar Hero, and so forth are still here.

And as for 000ike, that would be a very good response only if Grape was implying that DDO was idyllic or entirely free of drama; I'm sure as a veteran of the site, he would be referring to the intellectual quality of the posts/thread(s), not the drama that has been ensuring since "day one"....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 10:13:49 PM
At 3/30/2012 7:27:26 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Well, I'm in college now. Doing political activisism-ish stuff irl, instead of just talking about it. Was one of the kids who got pepper-sprayed for a nonviolent sit-down at UC Davis. Pic: http://www.flickr.com...

+ over 9,000 internetz
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 1:52:11 PM

FREEDO.

If FREEDO counts as an oldie, then I do to, right? I mean, we both joined only weeks apart.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 1:55:25 PM
At 3/31/2012 1:52:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

FREEDO.

If FREEDO counts as an oldie, then I do to, right? I mean, we both joined only weeks apart.
Yes, but I think people forget that you were around in the old days because you were on a month-long break until December 2010, if I am not mistaken. And before the end of 2010, that's when most of the older members were present.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 2:33:25 PM
At 3/31/2012 1:55:25 PM, Mirza wrote:

FREEDO.

Yes, but I think people forget that you were around in the old days because you were on a month-long break until December 2010, if I am not mistaken. And before the end of 2010, that's when most of the older members were present.

Don't know if I count either. I joined a long while ago, but was involved in that other website for a while.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 2:58:05 PM
At 3/31/2012 2:33:25 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2012 1:55:25 PM, Mirza wrote:

FREEDO.

Don't know if I count either. I joined a long while ago, but was involved in that other website for a while.
You do. You became active in March 2010, just about two years ago. Almost every old member was here.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 8:57:11 PM
I'm almost never here anymore; work gets in the way. Too old to stay up until 3 arguing free - will and still get to work in the morning. :P
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 8:59:54 PM
At 3/31/2012 8:57:11 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
I'm almost never here anymore; work gets in the way. Too old to stay up until 3 arguing free - will and still get to work in the morning. :P

well, that is your free choice.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 9:12:08 PM
At 3/31/2012 8:59:54 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/31/2012 8:57:11 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

well, that is your free choice.

Circumstances and the hostile environment in which I was raised dictate my scornful response to your post.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:13:58 AM
Still here.

Oddly I see TheSkeptic online from time to time, but he never has any activity while online.

RoyLatham still posts, Lwerd, the mongeese bros still post, Volkov, JustCallMeTarzan comes by still, DATCMOTO, and Kleptin.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat