Jump to topic:

DDO ToC Round One!

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:11:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I know that not all of the competitors have officially confirmed but they will see the email im about to send you all.

Now for the rules and guidelines. This tournament is double elimination, meaning you must lose twice in order to be "knocked out". How I will set up the matches will be highest to lowest. So suppose i have a 99 percentile, the highest, and joe shmoe has 22 percentile, the worst of the group. Him and I will debate first. This type of mathcing is called King to Jester. Also, because this is an official tournament, you will have 48 hours to post your debate against your competitor. Should you miss your deadline, you will (a) forfeit, which will probably mean you lose.

Now, rules time.

#1: There shall be at ANY point, no profanity or derrogatory comments or phrases used in any debates or within the comment section of that debate. This will be an automatic forfeiture of your playing rights, and ultimately your chance of winning.

#2: No outside source of help may be used. Meaning you may not use a friend's argument.

#3: If there is enough evidence of plagirism, you will be immediately exited.

#4: No back and forth messaging between debating competitors shalle be permitted, unless in the message sent by the moderator, me.

#5: Debate topics may not in any way be changed unless given permission by the moderator.

#6: Have fun.

#7: Lost competitors or non-competitors may not start debates that have the title "DDO TOC OFFICIAL ROUND...", otherwise, fell free to use topics openly.

#8: If you are leaving for an extended period of time, TELL ME! I will find a replacement for you. And if you are still in the tourn. when you get back, you may play agian in place of your substitute.

I will not post the round bracket or matches until everyone gets a chance to get online and see the rules.

I will email each opponent in a round, a list of 3 topics in which they both must choose one. If they cannot come to a decision 24 hours later, I will make the choice on behalf of them. YOU MAY VOTE ON THE DEBATE WHEN IT HAS ENTERED THE CHALLENGE PERIOD!!! I will ask the judges of a debate to email me their decisions.

Judge postings will be up after the matches are established.

The winner of this tournament will win 10 free debates, courtesy of me. Meaning, I will challenge you 10 different debate and let you win. Good luck to all!
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:14:58 PM
The winner of this tournament will win 10 free debates, courtesy of me. Meaning, I will challenge you 10 different debate and let you win. Good luck to all!

Is that really necessary?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:16:08 PM
No, not really. :) lol

Also, I will post RFD's anonymously, meaning competitors will not know their judges. But, I will post feedback from the judge anonymously. NO BRIBING PLEASE!
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:26:35 PM
PAY ATTENTION!!!
"I will not post the round bracket or matches until everyone gets a chance to get online and see the rules."

*facepalm*
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:36:22 PM
The winner of this tournament will win 10 free debates, courtesy of me. Meaning, I will challenge you 10 different debate and let you win. Good luck to all!:

With all the messed up ratios and what not already on the site, I cannot believe that i read that lol. I hope that doesn't really happen.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:37:53 PM
At 7/12/2009 3:36:22 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
The winner of this tournament will win 10 free debates, courtesy of me. Meaning, I will challenge you 10 different debate and let you win. Good luck to all!:

With all the messed up ratios and what not already on the site, I cannot believe that i read that lol. I hope that doesn't really happen.

Agree. It seems unnecessary and unethical.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:42:35 PM
At 7/12/2009 3:37:53 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/12/2009 3:36:22 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

Agree. It seems unnecessary and unethical.

Agree.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 3:52:42 PM
I really ahoud of put lol after that statement. I really meant to :P Anyways, yes it was a joke. Because im so poor, i cant offer money, so i was kidding by saying ill give debates. :)
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 7:08:24 PM
At 7/12/2009 7:05:53 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/12/2009 7:03:01 PM, JBlake wrote:
Then you should make, then offer, money to the winner.

I figure that, much like the real ToC, all one gets for winning is bragging rights.

GOOD JOB!!!!!