Jump to topic:

Hey...Hey Guys

untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 9:58:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Charlie_Danger messaged me this, just passing it on to you.

Hi, I hate to bother you, but as you know, my account was temporarily closed. I will not return until next month.

USAF kid has completely taken over, and without the info I emailed to him, fucked up my tournament. I message you now in hopes that you inform the contestants that USAF did not have my approval, nor is he using the topics, or structure origina- basically, he is running his own tournament under my name.

Please help me in this time of need by informing everyone that they aren't competing in the DDO ToC
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 10:19:06 AM
Well, I figured something like that. I didn't think usafkid had C_D's approval.

That being said, things are being set up already and I don't see a reason to stop now. As long as USAF can keep it running and people agree to join in, its DDO's ToC for now.
pcmbrown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 10:22:43 AM
C_D is a failure regarding the managment of tournaments
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 10:40:07 AM
At 7/13/2009 10:22:43 AM, pcmbrown wrote:
C_D is a failure regarding the managment of tournaments

I wouldn't say that. I also wouldn't say that it matters who runs the ToC, as long as it is done acceptably.

C_D: It doesn't have to be ran by you to be the ToC. USAF is doing fine, and he's taking a lot of input. He has made mistakes though, but he's handled them pretty well.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 11:05:40 AM
At 7/13/2009 11:02:58 AM, alto2osu wrote:
Drama drama drama...

"I wanna run the ToC!!! If it's not me running it, then it's not a real ToC!

Lol. CHILDREN!!! CALM DOWN.
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 11:30:32 AM
Besides, considering that those 4-5 "top bracket" debaters who dropped stated that they never heard anything about said ToC prior to the latest USAF thread, I don't really think there'd have been a quantifiable difference in outcome if C_D was running it.

The entire tournament schema on this website is sort of disheartening, but I just wanna debate somebody :P
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 1:08:11 PM
At 7/13/2009 11:30:32 AM, alto2osu wrote:
Besides, considering that those 4-5 "top bracket" debaters who dropped stated that they never heard anything about said ToC prior to the latest USAF thread, I don't really think there'd have been a quantifiable difference in outcome if C_D was running it.

The entire tournament schema on this website is sort of disheartening, but I just wanna debate somebody :P

Tournament features have been proposed on DDO, but it's mostly been an independent function.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 1:41:46 PM
Untitled_Entity, please relay this letter to CD and make sure he gets it.

Charlie,
As it seems you already know, the tournament has fallen into my hands intentionally. However, I dont understand why you would be so mad. Things are running smoothly and the only problems that we are occuring tseem to be the ones you created before you left. The topics have been altering and actually have been pretty accepted. As you can see, most of the posters on this thread vote confidence in me. I was hoping for a better outcome, but per your schedule you created, before your banning, things were supposed to be starting on the 1st of July. If I recall, it took CD a wekk to only get signups and it took me 3 days to get Judge signups, contestant confirmations (granted for the ones who were merely "put" by CD) and I have even got two matches, as of now, going. With that CD, I apologize for "taking over" you r tournament and making it a succesful one.

Sincerely,
USAF

Now, on a lighter note, Mongoose, you need to accept me pal. As for others, have fun in your first round!
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 2:11:26 PM
At 7/13/2009 1:08:11 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Tournament features have been proposed on DDO, but it's mostly been an independent function.

I wasn't suggesting, by tournament schema, that the website actually has one built in :) Just the idea of tournaments on this website seems to be a big, hairy ball of fail :)
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 2:13:17 PM
At 7/13/2009 2:11:26 PM, alto2osu wrote:

I wasn't suggesting, by tournament schema, that the website actually has one built in :) Just the idea of tournaments on this website seems to be a big, hairy ball of fail :)

Successful ones have been operated before; however, this time, little children were put in charge.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 2:44:26 PM
At 7/13/2009 2:13:17 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/13/2009 2:11:26 PM, alto2osu wrote:

Successful ones have been operated before; however, this time, little children were put in charge.

I would say that it's less because a young person is in charge, but rather because it is one person trying to support an entire tournament on his own; it's not impossible to work it out, but it's certainly harder; any legitimate tournament usually has a multitude of staff members working.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 3:56:49 PM
Please help me in this time of need by informing everyone that they aren't competing in the DDO ToC

The hell? Charlie, you're gone dude and it sucks that your account got closed, but we're not going to get rid of the tourney just because you're not here to moderate it. I don't know what you mean by usafkid stuffing it all up... he's doing a fine job from what I can gather.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 5:31:14 PM
At 7/13/2009 3:56:49 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

The hell? Charlie, you're gone dude and it sucks that your account got closed, but we're not going to get rid of the tourney just because you're not here to moderate it. I don't know what you mean by usafkid stuffing it all up... he's doing a fine job from what I can gather.

Agree.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2009 7:59:04 PM
At 7/13/2009 7:47:20 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Charlie has emailed me and asked that i change the name. Thoughts?

Well, if he's really that worried about it you may as well change it. It certainly couldn't hurt, and it'll make him feel better.

Maybe you could change it to the "Charlie Danger Memorial Debate Tournament". :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
pcmbrown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2009 8:32:55 AM
Dont, though its by no means "Tournament of Champions", Charlie has no authority over that title, being the epicly fail tournament director that he is.
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker