Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Removed Debate

Travniki
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:05:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I made a Rockin' debate about Abolishing Sleep, and it was Removed by "Customer Service"

The following question is therefore natural and expected

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!

CDFGBHNMJJNHBFCDFVBNMNBVCVBNMFGHJKJHGFDFGHBJKHGFHJBKL:JHBCF
Vp
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:08:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It happened to me with like 2 inevitable wins.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:19:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 6:05:45 PM, Travniki wrote:
So I made a Rockin' debate about Abolishing Sleep, and it was Removed by "Customer Service"

The following question is therefore natural and expected

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!

CDFGBHNMJJNHBFCDFVBNMNBVCVBNMFGHJKJHGFDFGHBJKHGFHJBKL:JHBCF

probably reported for being a spam debate
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:24:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
the debate does sound ridiculously stupid
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Travniki
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:32:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree completely, for gods sake it was whether the government should withhold a cure to sleep if they found it. The only thing stupider would be to debate something about a superior number of testicles or whether poop has DNA....if any one thinks there can't be an entertaining, intelligent debate because of a wacky resolution then they are an idiot.
Vp
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:35:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 6:32:53 PM, Travniki wrote:
I agree completely, for gods sake it was whether the government should withhold a cure to sleep if they found it. The only thing stupider would be to debate something about a superior number of testicles or whether poop has DNA....if any one thinks there can't be an entertaining, intelligent debate because of a wacky resolution then they are an idiot.

Ooooooh. You gonna take that Imabench?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:37:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 6:24:06 PM, imabench wrote:
the debate does sound ridiculously stupid

Says the person who took the "Does Poop have DNA?" debate....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 6:57:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
tell me travniki, what would your arguments have been regarding why sleep should be abolished? The reason the poop has dna debate doesnt count was because 1) I didnt make it, 2) The only reason it even existed was because the pro wanted an easy win, and 3) I made it legendarily hysterical....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:00:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 6:57:08 PM, imabench wrote:
tell me travniki, what would your arguments have been regarding why sleep should be abolished? The reason the poop has dna debate doesnt count was because 1) I didnt make it, 2) The only reason it even existed was because the pro wanted an easy win, and 3) I made it legendarily hysterical....

And you indeed made it legendarily hysterical. I must admit.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Travniki
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:26:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, Immabench, tell me something. Would you have had a chance to make those debates legendarily hysterical if someone had just shut down the resolution because it was "ridiculously stupid"?

As for this specific example, I was going to analyse the snowballing effect of never having a minutes respite from consciousness and how it could lead to enormous issues.
Vp
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:28:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:26:24 PM, Travniki wrote:
Well, Immabench, tell me something. Would you have had a chance to make those debates legendarily hysterical if someone had just shut down the resolution because it was "ridiculously stupid"?

As for this specific example, I was going to analyse the snowballing effect of never having a minutes respite from consciousness and how it could lead to enormous issues.

Imabench, listen:

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, She's upset
She's going off about something that you said
She doesnt get your humour like I do

I'm in the room, its a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesnt like
And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're lookin for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Walkin the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I cant help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on the park bench thinkin to myself
Hey isnt this easy?

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I havent seen it in awhile, since she brought you down
You say you find I know you better than that
Hey, Whatcha doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Standin by, waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Oh I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry
I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams
I think I know where you belong. I think I know it's with me.

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Standing by or waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that
You belong with me
You belong with me

Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me
You belong with me
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:29:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:26:24 PM, Travniki wrote:
Well, Immabench, tell me something. Would you have had a chance to make those debates legendarily hysterical if someone had just shut down the resolution because it was "ridiculously stupid"?

No because the art of getting stupid debates to not be terminated is to find someone to accept it as quickly as possible and THEN troll the hell out of it

As for this specific example, I was going to analyse the snowballing effect of never having a minutes respite from consciousness and how it could lead to enormous issues.

None of that is funny at all
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Travniki
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:33:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My debate wasn't stupid or meant as a joke. My argument wasn't intended to be funny. It was a reasonable, normal debate...you do realize those exist as well on this site yes? Not everything has to be an egregious troll...
Vp
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:37:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:33:24 PM, Travniki wrote:
My debate wasn't stupid or meant as a joke. My argument wasn't intended to be funny. It was a reasonable, normal debate...you do realize those exist as well on this site yes? Not everything has to be an egregious troll...

you cant have an intelligent debate about why sleep should be abolished..... and when those debates come up they are remarkably similar to other BS debates made by noobs, and even though you are not a noob the debate sounds like a trademark noob debate, even though it wasnt...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:43:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:33:24 PM, Travniki wrote:
My debate wasn't stupid or meant as a joke. My argument wasn't intended to be funny. It was a reasonable, normal debate...you do realize those exist as well on this site yes? Not everything has to be an egregious troll...

Cry more.
Travniki
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:46:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you got to decide what an intelligent debate constitutes. It could have and would have been a riveting debate, I think I've proven that I do have a caseline no matter how farfetched the resolution was. I beg you, tell me what is so unintelligent about the part of one argument I've hinted at.

Ok so it looked like a Noob Debate but wasn't going to be.....Customer Service should maybe do a more thorough job...? I can't really touch on that..

You have given an intelligent debate about a superior number of testicles. There was great critical analysis and clash on both sides, so don't give me some BS about a debate having no potential to be intelligent...the resolution is irrelevant, it's about the debaters.
Vp
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:48:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If the debate was serious and it got deleted, that's not okay. There are crappy debates all over the place that go through because the members are "well-liked" and the debate is a "joke." You should ask Innomen what happened and discuss it with him.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:49:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:47:36 PM, Travniki wrote:
And to think, I actually thought you were really smart...

OHHHH. Imabench just got killed.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 9:46:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:48:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
If the debate was serious and it got deleted, that's not okay. There are crappy debates all over the place that go through because the members are "well-liked" and the debate is a "joke." You should ask Innomen what happened and discuss it with him.

I was debating a serious topic with microsuck, then it was deleted -__-
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 10:37:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
When Phil was the owner of this site (prior to December 2010), I accepted a serious debate that was removed by the Customer Service. I asked Phil what the reason was, and he told me that the person who instigated the debate did it a lot of times by challenging numerous people and never responding to their arguments.

That's obviously not the case with you, but the topic might have been deemed as spam, and if someone accepted it who had his account closed right afterwards, then the debate might have been removed as the result of that.
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 10:38:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 10:37:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
When Phil was the owner of this site (prior to December 2010), I accepted a serious debate that was removed by the Customer Service. I asked Phil what the reason was, and he told me that the person who instigated the debate did it a lot of times by challenging numerous people and never responding to their arguments.

That's obviously not the case with you, but the topic might have been deemed as spam, and if someone accepted it who had his account closed right afterwards, then the debate might have been removed as the result of that.

Is this da Phil?
http://www.debate.org...

Also, hwo come Phil owned the site? Did he make it?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 10:41:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 10:38:58 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:37:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
When Phil was the owner of this site (prior to December 2010), I accepted a serious debate that was removed by the Customer Service. I asked Phil what the reason was, and he told me that the person who instigated the debate did it a lot of times by challenging numerous people and never responding to their arguments.

That's obviously not the case with you, but the topic might have been deemed as spam, and if someone accepted it who had his account closed right afterwards, then the debate might have been removed as the result of that.

Is this da Phil?
http://www.debate.org...

Also, hwo come Phil owned the site? Did he make it?
Yes to both. I think he used to own it with someone called Nate, then took ownership by himself. In December 2010, Juggle bought the site for some hundred(+) thousand dollars.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 10:45:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 10:41:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:38:58 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:37:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
When Phil was the owner of this site (prior to December 2010), I accepted a serious debate that was removed by the Customer Service. I asked Phil what the reason was, and he told me that the person who instigated the debate did it a lot of times by challenging numerous people and never responding to their arguments.

That's obviously not the case with you, but the topic might have been deemed as spam, and if someone accepted it who had his account closed right afterwards, then the debate might have been removed as the result of that.

Is this da Phil?
http://www.debate.org...

Also, hwo come Phil owned the site? Did he make it?
Yes to both. I think he used to own it with someone called Nate, then took ownership by himself. In December 2010, Juggle bought the site for some hundred(+) thousand dollars.

Phil is the owner of Webcorp which owned Debate.org. I'm not sure whether he or an employee(s) actually made DDO.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 10:51:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 10:45:53 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:41:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:38:58 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:37:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
When Phil was the owner of this site (prior to December 2010), I accepted a serious debate that was removed by the Customer Service. I asked Phil what the reason was, and he told me that the person who instigated the debate did it a lot of times by challenging numerous people and never responding to their arguments.

That's obviously not the case with you, but the topic might have been deemed as spam, and if someone accepted it who had his account closed right afterwards, then the debate might have been removed as the result of that.

Is this da Phil?
http://www.debate.org...

Also, hwo come Phil owned the site? Did he make it?
Yes to both. I think he used to own it with someone called Nate, then took ownership by himself. In December 2010, Juggle bought the site for some hundred(+) thousand dollars.

Phil is the owner of Webcorp which owned Debate.org. I'm not sure whether he or an employee(s) actually made DDO.

Phil definitely built the site.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...