Jump to topic:

Votebombs.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 5:51:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This has probably been brought up before, but what exactly counts as a votebomb? What if you really did believe that a debater had better conduct, better spelling, better arguments, and better sources?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 5:53:53 PM
For the love of everything good please don't bring this up again...

TECHNICALLY a votebomb consists of all 7 points going wrongly to a single debater.

LATELY: It can mean anything to a bad RFD to just plain "I don't agree with your vote".
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 5:53:55 PM
Vote bombing: Abuse of DDO voting privileges by awarding points to a debater for reasons unrelated to the arguments or evidence presented in the debate.

http://www.debate.org...
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 5:56:15 PM
At 4/10/2012 5:53:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

TECHNICALLY a votebomb consists of all 7 points going wrongly to a single debater.

LATELY: It can mean anything to a bad RFD to just plain "I don't agree with your vote".

Sorry about that. I was just curious seeing how many people accuse each other of doing it...
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 6:03:40 PM
At 4/10/2012 5:56:15 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Sorry about that. I was just curious seeing how many people accuse each other of doing it...

Understandable. It's just been a... sore and explosive topic lately.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 6:05:13 PM
At 4/10/2012 6:03:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Only for certain people it seems.. btw welcome back
Debate.org Moderator
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 6:15:05 PM
At 4/10/2012 6:05:13 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yes but still. As soon as those certain people see the word votebomb they fly into a frenzy.

Thanks!
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 6:30:21 PM
At 4/10/2012 6:15:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/10/2012 6:05:13 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yes but still. As soon as those certain people see the word votebomb they fly into a frenzy.

Thanks!

Hasn't really been a hot button issue the last couple weeks as far as I can tell... bias and questionable voting is always an issue, but it appears to be getting better..

The current important issues seem to be the upcoming DDO election, the DDO political compass, ways and feature that would improve the site, and who is the cutest DDO couple... vote bombing seems to be less topical now.
Debate.org Moderator