Jump to topic:

IF your catholic....

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 1:49:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can you pray for my family? we have recently expereinced a death. We could use your prayers.
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 2:45:36 AM
At 4/17/2012 2:44:56 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Baptists prayers won't do. Go away Baptists!

I'll accept any prayers
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 2:49:32 AM
At 4/17/2012 2:45:36 AM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

I'll accept any prayers

So I can pray to my plethora of pagan Gods and Goddesses?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 3:44:56 AM
At 4/17/2012 2:49:32 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I'll accept any prayers

What are you, trolling the thread this guy is asking for prayers of a lost loved one? There is a time and a place, freedo...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:45:03 AM
At 4/17/2012 3:44:56 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

I'll accept any prayers

What are you, trolling the thread this guy is asking for prayers of a lost loved one? There is a time and a place, freedo...

A time and place? For what? For pretending to care when I don't, to make myself look more socially acceptable? I have no use for such things. I care about helping people. So I do that and I do it for myself. I dont care about being polite. So I don't.
The universe is a constant joker and never minds whoever decides to take it offensively.
Did anyone ever stop to think that someone might take the notion of prayer offensively? There are certainly good reason.
There are big problems going on this world. War. Starvation. They go unsolved until human beings who actually do something about the matter step up instead of people who pray to sky fairies to do it for them.
War and starvation don't seem like important issues enough to resolve for the sky fairies but your personal issues are certainly another matter.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:21:29 AM
At 4/17/2012 5:45:03 AM, FREEDO wrote:
A time and place? For what? For pretending to care when I don't, to make myself look more socially acceptable? I have no use for such things.

If you don't care, then don't respond to the thread at all.

I care about helping people. So I do that and I do it for myself. I dont care about being polite. So I don't.
The universe is a constant joker and never minds whoever decides to take it offensively.
Did anyone ever stop to think that someone might take the notion of prayer offensively? There are certainly good reason.
There are big problems going on this world. War. Starvation. They go unsolved until human beings who actually do something about the matter step up instead of people who pray to sky fairies to do it for them.
War and starvation don't seem like important issues enough to resolve for the sky fairies but your personal issues are certainly another matter.

Yes, freedo, all of the points you are making are perfectly fine, but you don't have to make them to a guy while he's in mourning. The difference between war and starvation and this situation is that there are ways to to fix those things, so when someone says "let's pray for starving children" instead of "let's feed the starving children" I can see you getting upset. But there's no way to bring back the dead, and belittling this guy's situation would only upset him. What good are you trying to accomplish?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 8:07:30 AM
= personal forum
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 8:52:28 AM
I got your back cheesedingo1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 9:35:22 AM
At 4/17/2012 8:52:28 AM, imabench wrote:
I got your back cheesedingo1
Me too
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 12:00:45 PM
Thank you for all your support everyone and thanks for comedy support freedo!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 4:56:16 PM
At 4/17/2012 12:00:45 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
Thank you for all your support everyone and thanks for comedy support freedo!

That's what I'm here for. :)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 4:58:17 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:21:29 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
A time and place? For what? For pretending to care when I don't, to make myself look more socially acceptable? I have no use for such things.

I care about helping people. So I do that and I do it for myself. I dont care about being polite. So I don't.

Yes, freedo, all of the points you are making are perfectly fine, but you don't have to make them to a guy while he's in mourning. The difference between war and starvation and this situation is that there are ways to to fix those things, so when someone says "let's pray for starving children" instead of "let's feed the starving children" I can see you getting upset. But there's no way to bring back the dead, and belittling this guy's situation would only upset him. What good are you trying to accomplish?

FISHY FISHY FISHY FISHY WE ALL JUST WANT A LITTLE FISHY FISHY FISHY
YOU CAN'T REBUT THIS NAW NAH NAWNAH
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:09:05 PM
At 4/17/2012 4:58:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/17/2012 6:21:29 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

FISHY FISHY FISHY FISHY WE ALL JUST WANT A LITTLE FISHY FISHY FISHY
YOU CAN'T REBUT THIS NAW NAH NAWNAH

But I can Halibut it!
That made way more sense in my head.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:18:53 PM
At 4/17/2012 3:44:56 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

I'll accept any prayers

A time and place? For what? For pretending to care when I don't, to make myself look more socially acceptable? I have no use for such things. I care about helping people. So I do that and I do it for myself. I dont care about being polite. So I don't.

You could just keep your metaphorical mouth shut.

I hope you never go to any funerals for loved ones because your time could be better spent going to other countries and feeding starving children.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:21:13 PM
At 4/17/2012 1:49:28 AM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
Can you pray for my family? we have recently expereinced a death. We could use your prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm Protestant, but I will pray for you and your family.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:24:52 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:18:53 PM, KeytarHero wrote:
I hope you never go to any funerals for loved ones because your time could be better spent going to other countries and feeding starving children.

I feel like you've only encountered me during times I said something insensitive. Sorry about that. That's ain't my persona.

I was trolling you in that thread where I was pretending to be an Atheist.

Most things I say are half truths.

And what I was actually doing here in this thread was bumping it.

Ta-ta.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:26:24 PM
I disagree with just about everything Freedo said :/ If I were the OP I wouldn't have found it humorous at all... it was totally unnecessary.

That being said... I'm an atheist, but I do hope the best for your family and you have my condolescences, whatever they're worth.
yang.