Jump to topic:

Site quirks

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:05:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is everyone still having problems with DDO stalling your browser? This has to be the quirkiest website I've ever been on. It freezes my phone and it's frozen several different laptops of mine so I know it's not that. WTF is wrong with this thing?
Rob
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:07:35 AM
At 4/18/2012 9:05:08 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Is everyone still having problems with DDO stalling your browser? This has to be the quirkiest website I've ever been on. It freezes my phone and it's frozen several different laptops of mine so I know it's not that. WTF is wrong with this thing?

I've had this problem too. It also just logs me out sometimes.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:19:19 AM
So, are we ever going to get an answer as to what gives? Because, I'm pretty sure it's a ubiquitous problem, and I fancy it has something to do with the server opening a patch and streaming something. Not necessarily media...

But, I'm almost certain the waxing and waning of the speed of interaction on this site has something to do directly with your internet connection moment by moment, and that somewhat concerns me.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:19:47 AM
At 4/18/2012 9:07:35 AM, Mestari wrote:

Me too. It can be very annoying at times. Although, it has gotten better since I started using the site about 4 or 5 months ago. Don't know why though.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:20:30 AM
At 4/18/2012 9:19:47 AM, Oryus wrote:

Me too. It can be very annoying at times. Although, it has gotten better since I started using the site about 4 or 5 months ago. Don't know why though.

Was it a change in internet connection?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:24:36 AM
At 4/18/2012 9:20:30 AM, Ren wrote:
At 4/18/2012 9:19:47 AM, Oryus wrote:

Was it a change in internet connection?

I haven't changed my internet service at all, nor my router or computer or anything. I've tried to figure out if anything has changed but I can't think of anything...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:28:24 AM
At 4/18/2012 9:19:19 AM, Ren wrote:
So, are we ever going to get an answer as to what gives? Because, I'm pretty sure it's a ubiquitous problem, and I fancy it has something to do with the server opening a patch and streaming something. Not necessarily media...

But, I'm almost certain the waxing and waning of the speed of interaction on this site has something to do directly with your internet connection moment by moment, and that somewhat concerns me.

It's pretty sucky, I agree. I have a feeling that the server is being shared with other demands on it by juggle.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 9:50:06 AM
Me too. Happens with both Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 11. Happens on Ubuntu and Mac too, so it's not a Windows 7 problem.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 10:05:00 AM
At 4/18/2012 9:50:06 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Me too. Happens with both Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 11. Happens on Ubuntu and Mac too, so it's not a Windows 7 problem.

Yeah, I use firefox on a mac regularly. At work sometimes I use windows on a p.c. The quality is the same for each.
:
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 10:23:19 AM
Holy crap! So it isn't just me! The site crashes on Chrome frequently, and causes my browser to sometimes just down right freeze. I've only noticed it this past week at the severity it's been doing it, however. But glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. o.O
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 10:52:00 AM
It used to do it to me. Eventually, the thing fixed itself.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Oldfrith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 6:19:26 AM
At 4/18/2012 10:23:19 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Holy crap! So it isn't just me! The site crashes on Chrome frequently, and causes my browser to sometimes just down right freeze. I've only noticed it this past week at the severity it's been doing it, however. But glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. o.O

This.
You know how people, when they don't know the meaning of a word, automatically think it's appropriate?
Well, How about this one:
Schloop-Schloop-Ping-a-Pang-bong
Which means:
To play a vigorous game of monopoly
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 6:26:33 AM
At 4/19/2012 6:19:26 AM, Oldfrith wrote:

This.

Hehe, I have Mozilla! Pwnt noobs!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 6:27:07 AM

Yeah, this past week has been significantly worse for me as well.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:20:12 PM
At 4/19/2012 6:26:33 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/19/2012 6:19:26 AM, Oldfrith wrote:

This.

Hehe, I have Mozilla! Pwnt noobs!

Happens on Mozilla too. So far IE9 has been the least affected by this.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.