Jump to topic:

Petition Against Voting Changes

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:30:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am fearful for the future of this site as I feel is is threatened by a small but vocal group of individuals bent on changing the voting practices. I've heard everything from Premium Accounts to voting circles to elected voters to a voting council to voting tickets. They're all awful.

This site is about expressing opinions, DEBATING FOR FUN and most of all freedom to share ideas. I will not stand by and watch this site's freedom be destroyed by a group of paranoid whiners. Stand with me for DDO freedom and put your name on this petition to keep the current voting rules.

I'm for freedom.

1. ConservativePolitico
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:40:00 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:30:17 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I am fearful for the future of this site as I feel is is threatened by a small but vocal group of individuals bent on changing the voting practices. I've heard everything from Premium Accounts to voting circles to elected voters to a voting council to voting tickets. They're all awful.

This site is about expressing opinions, DEBATING FOR FUN and most of all freedom to share ideas. I will not stand by and watch this site's freedom be destroyed by a group of paranoid whiners. Stand with me for DDO freedom and put your name on this petition to keep the current voting rules.

I'm for freedom.

1. ConservativePolitico

We are not proposing new rules. We are trying to get more people to vote on debates. I don't see why that is a bad thing.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:41:03 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:40:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I'm for freedom.

1. ConservativePolitico

We are not proposing new rules. We are trying to get more people to vote on debates. I don't see why that is a bad thing.

This. Voting circles doesn't mean no-one can vote unless they are in that circle. All what it means is that more votes for more debates.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:45:08 AM
The only people who should be against the voting circle groups are individuals who already obtain votes from biased friends.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:45:09 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:41:03 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/20/2012 9:40:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I'm for freedom.

1. ConservativePolitico

This. Voting circles doesn't mean no-one can vote unless they are in that circle. All what it means is that more votes for more debates.

He wants to cause scarcity in the voting market and then control the entire DDO economy through strict governmental restrictions.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:46:05 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:45:41 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Coming from the people who scream, SCREAM about bias voting and restricting voter rights on a daily basis? No thanks.

I for one am not advocating any restrictions.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:47:12 AM
Coming from the people who scream, SCREAM about bias voting and restricting voter rights on a daily basis? No thanks.

Voting groups do not foster biased voting. We all know exactly what type of biased voting occurs on this site. Bluesteel and Raisor compiled data on it a few months ago. We even know who is involved.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:48:16 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:47:12 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Voting groups do not foster biased voting. We all know exactly what type of biased voting occurs on this site. Bluesteel and Raisor compiled data on it a few months ago. We even know who is involved.

And now, the task is to get them banned
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 9:52:03 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:50:35 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
There is literally no reason to be against having more votes on debates unless one is hoping to win through bias.

And biased voting WILL be countered. Personally, I am FOR the voting circles.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 10:44:40 AM
At 4/20/2012 9:45:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
The only people who should be against the voting circle groups are individuals who already obtain votes from biased friends.

+1

I support the Voting circles idea.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 3:05:25 PM
I am not a fan of any of the revisions proposed so far, but those users asking for change are not paranoid. Most debates are under-voted and those that do have votes are generally either nonsense debates or highly volatile and filled with biased votebombs. I do believe some type of change is necessary but am doubtful that any change at all will happen any time soon.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 3:13:40 PM

I'm for freedom.

1. ConservativePolitico

I'm in favor of voting circles. Though it's really nothing new. People ask their friends to vote on their debates all the time.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 4:11:38 PM
1. ConservativePolitico
2. 1Dustpelt
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 6:08:14 PM
1. ConservativePolitico
2. 1duspelt
3. 16k

I dont care, but some of the voter changes are bad.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 6:54:23 PM
1. ConservativePolitico
2. 1duspelt
3. 16k
4. Imabench

I am a person who is against things that dont affect me and might not even happen in the first place who likes to sign things that has no effect at all BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA!!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015