Jump to topic:

aspec, ospec and espec

Dazed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 12:04:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Can anybody help me im not familiar with any of these because im not a policy debater and have had no policy experience... anything would be helpful
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 12:13:21 PM
Aspec - not specified
Ospec - too specific
Espec - <no idea>
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2009 11:44:51 PM
Yeah, rezz has it right.

A(gent) Spec(ification)- Plan doesn't adequately tell who carries out plan
E(nforcement) Spec(ification)- Plan doesn't ensure it's carried out, no guarantee that plan happens
O(ver) Spec(ification)- Plan is overly specific and limits Neg ground

additionally there's...

I(nherency) Spec(ification)-Plan has nothing keeping it from being inacted... it's the same as running an inherency attack, and generally isn't called ispec, but you *may* run across it.

Usually these are pointless arguments, used solely for forcing the Aff into something like a CP. For instance, you could run aspec on "federal government" forcing the aff to admit that they only use the legislative branch. Neg then runs a Courts CP, claiming it competes because Aff doesn't use the judicial branch, only the legislative branch. Espec is used the same way, ospec is effects topicality, and ispec is inherency.

Hope that helps