Jump to topic:

16kadams & Freeman platform

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:54:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Although freeman has not responded, the increasing pressure to make this seems threatening, so I will just throw it out and hope he is cool with it.

1. Continue innomens policies. This is self explanatory, although some will be added and others tweaked, I will keep the vast majority of his policies.

2. History forum. I always wondered why we did not have a history forum, now we use the politics section for history sometimes, but why not a full blown deal? Most members on this site want to talk history at one point or another, so I say a history forum is vital, and it would have no harms, only benefits. It mainly gives members a named section to forum discuss. History forum is a big plus, and a VERY important issue in my mind.

3. Banning policy:

- People that continually spam, insult, troll etc. will get no trial. Prime example is russianfish.
- Users that generally dont have a mess up will get a trial
- Most users, as long as they are not obvious trolls will get a trial or DDO will be set to vote whether or not to ban him
- We will use the current defense and prosecution account on trials.
- People will volunteer for defense/prosecution, and of the volunteers a group for each will get appointed.
- We will have a group of specified voters, that are pledged to be unbiased, so trials and the banning system is fair

4. Big issues, simple, some issues need to be changed, removed, or added. When we get to this stage we will appoint 10 users that are very active on DDO to choose what the issues that need to be removed, added, or changed. We do this so DDO's opinion is heard. Then those 10 will make a forum on the changes, the DDO community then comes and votes which chosen ideas should be added, changed or removed. This way the DDO community has a large say in this needed and necessary reform.

5. make a DDO constitution, an improved TOS, more clear etc. Makes trials easier, gives DDO users certain rights, but these rights can be taken away through due process of law.

6. Make a legislative branch, this is to spread the power more out from the few current members. They will have to have a majority vote to pass the reforms. This way the DDO changes are even more backed by the community, and the power is more spread out. It will consist of 4 members, and they will all get elected every 2 months. If a vote results in a tie, the people or the VP vote on the issue.

7. Change the TOS. Not only will we change the TOS, (some sections need to be changed as it makes many of us criminals), we will have the constitution. The congress of users will need a unanimous vote to edit the TOS or constitution, and my approval. This is so less of us are law breakers, it is more clear and defined, and the TOS is a living document that changes with the changing DDO population, same rules for changing the DDO constitution.

8. Team debates. Always being talked about. One option is two debaters per side, and each can post an argument, if they win they both get points on their record. Another option is each round the opponent they face changes, so its like a new opponent each time. I have not worked out the specifics, I will once freeman looks over it. Some of this is vague I know, but the pressure to make this come out pronto made it this way. PM me and freeman for questions on any of this.

9. increased communication with juggle, so these reforms get done.

Clarifications:

Many of you might ask why do we need the TOS and a constitution?

The TOS is mainly rules we cannot break, and the constitution is not much of a rules doctrine, rather it gives DDO users rights. Right to do X, Y, right to trial under ___ circumstances. The TOS is dont do your your banned, we have no rights here on DDO, if you break the TOS you get in trouble. The constitution will not dictate our lives, instead of saying dont do this it says you have the rights to do this, but if it breaks the TOS and you get put on trial and lose, the rights can be taken away.

Like the second amendment, it gives you rights, but f your a law breaker it can be taken away.

So, the [DDO] constitution gives you rights, but if you beak the TOS you are still in trouble.

Why so much community voting and the new government reform?

I have done it to the things DDO gets done is what DDO wants, not just what I want. I do it to increase your freedom, and make DDO have a more involved populace. DDO petitions to nothing, DDO government, communication with juggle, and DDO voting on the laws they want passed are doing two things:
1) Increases your power,
2) More things juggle has to think about from DDO.

And yes, the legislative branch is elected by the DDO people.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:59:22 PM
"4). Big issues, simple, some issues need to be changed, removed, or added. When we get to this stage we will appoint 10 users that are very active on DDO to choose what the issues that need to be removed, added, or changed. We do this so DDO's opinion is heard. Then those 10 will make a forum on the changes, the DDO community then comes and votes which chosen ideas should be added, changed or removed. This way the DDO community has a large say in this needed and necessary reform."

You realize that to change the big issues you need to get assistane from this thing called Juggle right?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:01:53 AM
At 4/21/2012 11:59:22 PM, imabench wrote:
"4). Big issues, simple, some issues need to be changed, removed, or added. When we get to this stage we will appoint 10 users that are very active on DDO to choose what the issues that need to be removed, added, or changed. We do this so DDO's opinion is heard. Then those 10 will make a forum on the changes, the DDO community then comes and votes which chosen ideas should be added, changed or removed. This way the DDO community has a large say in this needed and necessary reform."

You realize that to change the big issues you need to get assistane from this thing called Juggle right?

I know, you didn't read it. They choose what issues to change, then you guys vote on their proposed idea, then juggle looks at it . The more specific issues we want changed the more likely they will change it.

At least I have a plan to fix it, not merely scream at them fix it. My way also incorporates more peoples ideas before juggle sees them.

PM me with questions, or ask them here. Either or.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:02:02 AM
I think I'll choose a campaign which both members are adults, both members are currently in the Innomen adminstration, and both members are extremely active contributors, than a 14 year old kid with an old member who never agreed to the platform.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:03:59 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:02:02 AM, Viper-King wrote:
I think I'll choose a campaign which both members are adults, both members are currently in the Innomen adminstration, and both members are extremely active contributors, than a 14 year old kid with an old member who never agreed to the platform.

Hey, you guys asked for it! Also he proposed some of those ideas, so I guess he likes some of it. But my positions in this election award the most freedom and have the most planning.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:04:38 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:01:53 AM, 16kadams wrote:

I know, you didn't read it. They choose what issues to change, then you guys vote on their proposed idea, then juggle looks at it . The more specific issues we want changed the more likely they will change it.

At least I have a plan to fix it, not merely scream at them fix it. My way also incorporates more peoples ideas before juggle sees them.

And how do you plan on having Juggle actually listen to you?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:05:11 AM
god I am tired, ask questions and I will try to answer in the morning.

(bolded so you see this and not wonder why I am not responding)
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:05:30 AM
THE SH and RP campaign have more viable and duable campaign activities that don't need the Juggle like you do. You are proposing many ideas and if you fail to keep them, the DDO president will leak down into a popularity contest instead of a more moderator contest. I would rather trust SH and RP than you while all the others are legal adults and are perfectly capable of doing what they nned to do. Most of what you're saying is rhetoric. Even JT wouldn't agree to it.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:06:39 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:04:38 AM, imabench wrote:

The same way I am going to get the BSA to listen to me, specific details, constant and persistent communication, try to get them to open up revenues with the site etc. Except the BSA does not want revenue.... Anyway Ima, I am experienced with this.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:07:32 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:06:39 AM, 16kadams wrote:

The same way I am going to get the BSA to listen to me, specific details, constant and persistent communication, try to get them to open up revenues with the site etc. Except the BSA does not want revenue.... Anyway Ima, I am experienced with this.

Being in charge of your boy scouts team doesnt count as experience....

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:07:46 AM
For #6, I'm just going to say that I actually think the parliamentary system of government seems to be much more effective system then the presidential system of government.
Open borders debate:
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:08:29 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:07:32 AM, imabench wrote:

#needsomeiceforthatburn
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:14:40 AM
I'd agree, that a lot of these problems revolve around the fact that it requires Juggle's cooperation, which is kind of a difficult task in itself. By all means, I agree with most of these but just question their plausibility. But Juggle really doesn't put us as #1 priority. Innomen said that even trying to discuss ways to make this site more profitable was a no-deal w/ Juggle, and he has business experience to back him up.
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:16:11 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:08:29 AM, thett3 wrote:

#needsomeiceforthatburn

No he actually IS referring to being in charge of his boy scouts team. It was in an interview

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:16:47 AM
1) Continue Inomen's policy = Vague and not significant
2) History Forum = Needs Juggle's participation
3) Banning Policy = Almost identical to what exists now
4) Big Issues = Huge long ordeal that still needs Juggle's participation
5) DDO Constitution = Is it really necessary or is this more flashy rhetoric too?
6) Make A legislative Branch = Whose terms last two months and whose purpose isnt specific
7) Change the TOS = Needs Juggle's participation
8) Team Debates = Vague and sounds like rhetoric rather than a well thought out plan
9) Increased Communication with Juggle = See Number 8

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:23:01 AM
16k, I have nothing against you, but with some of the controversy that has floated around you and the fact you are only 14, do you honestly think you stand a chance on being elected? Do you honestly think that Juggle will take you seriously if you are?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:25:12 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:23:01 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
16k, I have nothing against you, but with some of the controversy that has floated around you and the fact you are only 14, do you honestly think you stand a chance on being elected? Do you honestly think that Juggle will take you seriously if you are?

Obviously he's not but he actually is winning in the poll.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:27:12 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:25:12 AM, Viper-King wrote:

What poll?

And even if he wins, I just don't think that Juggle would take him seriously.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:32:40 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:27:12 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

What poll?

And no, Jugle OBVIOUSLY won't take a little kid seriously.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:34:33 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:32:40 AM, Viper-King wrote:

What poll?

*Says the guy with the same age*
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:35:24 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:34:33 AM, Contra wrote:

What poll?

hes not running for president :P

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:37:45 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:35:24 AM, imabench wrote:

What poll?

This Contra. I'm not stupid enough to publicily humiliate myself at 14 to try to handle a huge debate network. I'm just a big contributor on DDO BlogSpot and an interviewer/poster for DDO Elections. This is a privelege given to me by my boss.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:38:42 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:37:45 AM, Viper-King wrote:
At 4/22/2012 12:35:24 AM, imabench wrote:

What poll?

This Contra. I'm not stupid enough to publicily humiliate myself at 14 to try to handle a huge debate network. I'm just a big contributor on DDO BlogSpot and an interviewer/poster for DDO Elections. This is a privelege given to me by my boss.

Who do you work for? 0_0

Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:38:47 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:16:11 AM, imabench wrote:

#needsomeiceforthatburn

No he actually IS referring to being in charge of his boy scouts team. It was in an interview

At first I laughed...and then I realized 16k was serious.

On a side note, I had a very similar feeling after listening to Rick Santorum.
Sapere Aude!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 8:49:54 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:38:47 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 4/22/2012 12:16:11 AM, imabench wrote:

#needsomeiceforthatburn

At first I laughed...and then I realized 16k was serious.

On a side note, I had a very similar feeling after listening to Rick Santorum.

No its for an eagle scout project, these guys rarely check their desks, and when they do they generally throw it back. It relates more to this (getting them to respond and care) then to running the troop. Although I did run the troop for 6th months.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 8:58:43 AM
16kadams, being a scout leader doesn't qualify as experience. If we are going to list high school and college activities as experience, I have millions of times more leadership experience than you do because I have lead teams, started clubs, and have been elected and/or appointed to student government positions every year for the past five years.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 9:00:46 AM
The thing that I am worried about is that JT will return if 16kadams wins. I see him getting a position in the government and quite frankly, I don't want him too even have a minute amount of power because he will ban "the elite" (me) at first opportunity. Plus, 16kadams is an admitted votebomber and we have evidenced that he used his grandfather's account for malicious purposes. I have no idea why so many people are voting for him.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 9:39:12 AM
At 4/22/2012 8:58:43 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
16kadams, being a scout leader doesn't qualify as experience. If we are going to list high school and college activities as experience, I have millions of times more leadership experience than you do because I have lead teams, started clubs, and have been elected and/or appointed to student government positions every year for the past five years.

So whats the difference of running a boy scout troop and being class president? Also you forgot my mentioning of talking the the eagle scout commission, they are like juggle, they ignore you forever, until you grasp their eye. Unless you can prove you have gotten a large community to listen to you when they continually burn he things off you desk, lay off.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 9:48:19 AM
At 4/22/2012 9:39:12 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/22/2012 8:58:43 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

So whats the difference of running a boy scout troop and being class president?
My point was that high school activities should not really count as experience. I doubt Juggle is going to listen to you if they didn't listen to innomen.
Also you forgot my mentioning of talking the the eagle scout commission, they are like juggle, they ignore you forever, until you grasp their eye. Unless you can prove you have gotten a large community to listen to you when they continually burn he things off you desk, lay off.
I mean, I did a similar thing when I started a Quizbowl Team at my high school. My school specifically recruited people for sports, so I had to sell it to both the student body and to the administration. I was able to pull that off. The Team still exists today even though I have graduated.

None of this is relevant, however. My argument is that these experiences are not adequate to manage a website.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 9:51:06 AM
16k, what makes you think a corporation such as Juggle will take you seriously? Give people a reason. Do not just go on and on about Boy Scouts. Honestly, 1) it's getting to the point where so many people are Eagle Scouts it is irrelevant and 2) sending letters to a commission is much different from convincing a corporation to take you seriously as a mature individual. With the amount of criticism you have received over the past few months why do you think the DDO community will take you seriously and why do you think Juggle will take you seriously? Through all your rhetoric you really have not answered this question.