Jump to topic:

Question to the Candidates

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 11:49:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As I figured it's time for me to get into this and figure out who I want to vote for and support, I guess it's time I start sorting things out.

All I have is one simple question for the people running, so I'd prefer this thread not devolve into a flame war. There's already plenty of threads that have flame wars going on. No need to make this one the same.

To the candidates: As it's becoming more and kore obvious, even to a relative newcomer as myself, that Juggle couldn't give two sh!ts about us, what changes can you implement without their aid, how would they be implemented, and why would we want tem implemented?

Thanks in advance.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 12:05:48 AM
To the candidates: As it's becoming more and kore obvious, even to a relative newcomer as myself, that Juggle couldn't give two sh!ts about us, what changes can you implement without their aid, how would they be implemented, and why would we want tem implemented?

I don't believe Juggle intends to never invest in DDO again; there has already been a lot of work on prioritising which changes we want to see more... when Juggle want to invest in DDO again, we'll be ready. There are two ideas I can think of (not my ideas, but I'd like to implement them) on how we could encourage them to invest in DDO, but that's not your question is it.

I have multiple user initiatives I'd like to implement.
-Official DDO tournaments ran by a designated person/s
-Official DDO polls ran by a designated person/s
-Unofficial DDO wiki (which I've already for the hosting on) ran and moderated by an official wiki committee.
-Mafia committee of 6-8 major players who make minor decisions themselves and organise referendums for major decisions.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 12:53:34 AM
This is the current platform of myself and RoyalPaladin.

1 - A continuation of instant banning of spammers, flamers, votebombers, and the like, but also the promotion of trials.

1a - Trials shall be promoted, and the scrutiny of the actions of highly popular users shall be seen, in order to promote the rights of the individual to question others.

1b - Furthermore, the promotion of the appointed defendants and prosecutors on this issue.

1d - However, noting that the voting system is not a good one for the judiciary to follow, and a selective (meaning from a pool of members that have stated they wish to participate) but random (we do not appoint the specific jury) jury selection proces would be better suited, and therefore use this system instead.

2 - The promotion of a relationship with the variation of debaters and debating sites, in order to create stronger ties and diversify the site.

2a - This shall be done by contacting the top debaters of other sites and asking them if they would be willing to do a debate on debate.org or another forum, then publicising the debate here in order to draw more members, and draw publicity. These major debates would initiate intelligent thought on issues, and increase the pool of truly amazing debates we have on this site. The possible targets to ask would be sites such as createdebate.com and onlinedebate.net

2b - In addition, more debates using specific rulesets, such as British Parliamentary and Lincoln-Douglas would become "official" to the sense that they shall be recognised and granted additional status. The instation of these debate types shall be discussed with Juggle to see their feasability, as well as ourselves, if in government, trying to come up with a system (with the help of other users) which involves no coding.

2c - Furthermore, there shall be official 'tournaments' set up every month or so in order to promote a stronger pool of debates.

3 - The Creation of a charter of DDO, which states basic rules of etiquette and behaviour. This has been somewhat achieved with the Code of Conduct, but the actual Code shall recieve an enhancement to be more specific with court proceedings, but specifically with a formalised accessible electoral system.

3a - The charter shall be discussed and implemented by an agreement of a large proportion of the site. The charter shall be decided on by a proportion of the site.

3b - The charter can be used to be hold other users responsible against it on certain actions. The charter alone cannot justify the permanent banning of any person.

4 - The intitiation of a President Question Time, of which the rules shall be discussed and agreed upon through bilateral negotiations between users and the government.

5 - Changing the Terms and Services, section T, which removes the right to free speech, for the following reasons:

a) It does not take into account context. A user (such as FREEDO) who posts about someone sarcastically, or for a joke, is still technically breaking this term.

b) The breaking of this term is accepted behaviour (by e.g. imabench, innomen, lordknukle), as it holds little to no real damage to the site. Accordingly, the site's Terms and Services should reflect that, in order for them to have worth and value.

6 - Reforming the Terms and Services to fit the current circumstance.

a) This shall be in the form of reviews of point T

b) Furthermore, a more general review in the T&S, as well as privacy policy.

7 - The initialisation of a tutelage system.

a) The system shall consist of tutors or coaches, formed from a voluntary basis of the successful debaters of the site. These debaters may volunteer to take on one or more students to advise them on how to debate, debating advice generally, and any help needed.

b) 'Successful' debaters consist of those who have at least half their debates and more than 10 debates. (this does not secure a position, nor is it a necessary requirement in rare circumstance).

8 - If one is proven to have 'vote bombed' in a debate, then punishments shall fit the crime, as it were, by the temporary removal of voting privelages.

9 - Sanctioning the debateorg.blogspot.com / DDOBlog as the official news-o-meter for the site's politics.

a) The DDOBlog also may house political, philosophical and theological works, as well as the best debates.

If there are any questions about this platform, please ask them. If one wishes to simply criticise a point, please make clear the criticism (in other words, constructive), so the grievance may be addressed or policy reformed. Thank you for reading.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 12:56:16 AM
At 4/22/2012 11:49:48 PM, Zaradi wrote:
As I figured it's time for me to get into this and figure out who I want to vote for and support, I guess it's time I start sorting things out.

All I have is one simple question for the people running, so I'd prefer this thread not devolve into a flame war. There's already plenty of threads that have flame wars going on. No need to make this one the same.

Thanks in advance.

Working within our means is the only way candidates can chance anything on the site, and those changes will be anything that there is popular support for that does not require support or intervention from Juggle. Changes that can be carried out through modding can be made through any kind of petition to the president, and after that the cooperation between presidents and those who have mod abilities will bring about those changes to the best it can be.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:45:12 AM
At a few weeks ago, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
This is the current platform of myself and RoyalPaladin.

1 - A continuation of instant banning of spammers, flamers, votebombers, and the like, but also the promotion of trials.

1a - Trials shall be promoted, and the scrutiny of the actions of highly popular users shall be seen, in order to promote the rights of the individual to question others.

1b - Furthermore, the promotion of the appointed defendants and prosecutors on this issue.

1d - However, noting that the voting system is not a good one for the judiciary to follow, and a selective (meaning from a pool of members that have stated they wish to participate) but random (we do not appoint the specific jury) jury selection proces would be better suited, and therefore use this system instead.

2 - The promotion of a relationship with the variation of debaters and debating sites, in order to create stronger ties and diversify the site.

2a - This shall be done by contacting the top debaters of other sites and asking them if they would be willing to do a debate on debate.org or another forum, then publicising the debate here in order to draw more members, and draw publicity. These major debates would initiate intelligent thought on issues, and increase the pool of truly amazing debates we have on this site. The possible targets to ask would be sites such as createdebate.com and onlinedebate.net

2b - In addition, more debates using specific rulesets, such as British Parliamentary and Lincoln-Douglas would become "official" to the sense that they shall be recognised and granted additional status. The instation of these debate types shall be discussed with Juggle to see their feasability, as well as ourselves, if in government, trying to come up with a system (with the help of other users) which involves no coding.

2c - Furthermore, there shall be official 'tournaments' set up every month or so in order to promote a stronger pool of debates.

3 - The Creation of a charter of DDO, which states basic rules of etiquette and behaviour. This has been somewhat achieved with the Code of Conduct, but the actual Code shall recieve an enhancement to be more specific with court proceedings, but specifically with a formalised accessible electoral system.

3a - The charter shall be discussed and implemented by an agreement of a large proportion of the site. The charter shall be decided on by a proportion of the site.

3b - The charter can be used to be hold other users responsible against it on certain actions. The charter alone cannot justify the permanent banning of any person.

4 - The intitiation of a President Question Time, of which the rules shall be discussed and agreed upon through bilateral negotiations between users and the government.

5 - Changing the Terms and Services, section T, which removes the right to free speech, for the following reasons:

a) It does not take into account context. A user (such as FREEDO) who posts about someone sarcastically, or for a joke, is still technically breaking this term.

b) The breaking of this term is accepted behaviour (by e.g. imabench, innomen, lordknukle), as it holds little to no real damage to the site. Accordingly, the site's Terms and Services should reflect that, in order for them to have worth and value.

6 - Reforming the Terms and Services to fit the current circumstance.

a) This shall be in the form of reviews of point T

b) Furthermore, a more general review in the T&S, as well as privacy policy.

7 - The initialisation of a tutelage system.

a) The system shall consist of tutors or coaches, formed from a voluntary basis of the successful debaters of the site. These debaters may volunteer to take on one or more students to advise them on how to debate, debating advice generally, and any help needed.

b) 'Successful' debaters consist of those who have at least half their debates and more than 10 debates. (this does not secure a position, nor is it a necessary requirement in rare circumstance).

8 - If one is proven to have 'vote bombed' in a debate, then punishments shall fit the crime, as it were, by the temporary removal of voting privelages.

9 - Sanctioning the debateorg.blogspot.com / DDOBlog as the official news-o-meter for the site's politics.

a) The DDOBlog also may house political, philosophical and theological works, as well as the best debates.

10 - An update of the Big Issues, to modernise the system

a) Instead of rapidly changing and the geographically dependent section stating McCain/Bush etc., it shall be replaced by a "text box" where one can add any candidate (e.g. Miliband)

In bold is things that require no aid by Juggle, in italics require no aid, but would help if Juggle helped us.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:46:42 AM
(Italics failed, Point 5/6 and 10 require Juggle's aid, while in points 5 and 3, Juggle's aid is optional).
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...