Jump to topic:

More Vote-Bombing

ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 5:15:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I need to join this trend. Starting with this debate http://www.debate.org... He used the word "proof'd" in an attempt not to use the letter "e". I was winning by double digits but now I am losing.

The other one is this http://www.debate.org... There is no way every single person on this site can have the same opinion about how poetry sounds. I may be losing because of my slam poem, but seeing as there are 9 votes, and one of those is my vote for myself, there have been many 7 point votes against me.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 5:25:50 PM
This isn't vote-bombing. "Proof'd" is a perfectly viable strategy, so you lost the arguments there. As for the haiku thing, it seems as if everybody else disagrees with you.
iamadragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 5:32:14 PM
LOL. Yeah, definitely vote-bombing...

Expect to be losing those debates by even more now, because people will read them. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are doing this vote-bombing decide to actually bomb you now for your douchebaggery.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 5:40:54 PM
No, I think it's vote bombing. Even if "proof'd" is a viable strategy (which it is), ccstate used to be winning that debate.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 5:41:57 PM
Or maybe not. It depends on whether ccstate got one vote or two at a time. One would have been enough to change it from a tie to a loss.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 10:40:18 PM
Almost all of my other debates are in the post voting period, the one debate that isn't in the p-v period I am losing by a lot, but I am not sure it's vote bombing.