Jump to topic:

Ratings

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:15:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It has come to my firm opinion that DDO should implement a rating system for all the members on the site. This will be a better way for members to be able to debate against people of their own level and know the difference in levels between themself and their opponent.

I am not calling on a petition, but am merely wondering why for 4 years (I think...), DDO has not even bothered to think of such an idea. And, if they have, why did they not implement this simple, and yet, what I think to be quite a genius idea.

Any answers or opinions to my query?
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:16:25 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:15:43 AM, famer wrote:
It has come to my firm opinion that DDO should implement a rating system for all the members on the site. This will be a better way for members to be able to debate against people of their own level and know the difference in levels between themself and their opponent.

I am not calling on a petition, but am merely wondering why for 4 years (I think...), DDO has not even bothered to think of such an idea. And, if they have, why did they not implement this simple, and yet, what I think to be quite a genius idea.

I already have my own point system but I think thats different.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:21:24 AM

They already have one. Look at your percentile ranking on your profile.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:22:12 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:21:24 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, but it sucks.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:27:39 AM
Ore_Ele does ELO, but I don't know the last time it's been updated.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:29:00 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:22:12 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Yeah, but it sucks.

Yea, I know about the percentile thing, but I don't get how it works. Care to explain? >.<

I mean, my percentile was about 90% last time I checked and I have absolutely no fking clue what that is suppose to mean... :(
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:30:13 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:29:00 AM, famer wrote:

Yeah, but it sucks.

Yea, I know about the percentile thing, but I don't get how it works. Care to explain? >.<

I mean, my percentile was about 90% last time I checked and I have absolutely no fking clue what that is suppose to mean... :(

See, ok your in the top 90% of debaters on here.

The problem is, there are thousands of accounts that haven't even debated, so even if you win one, your really high up. So, its screwy.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:30:21 AM

Yeah, but it sucks.

It is based on how many debates you win. The system is not fantastic, but it exists.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:31:19 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:30:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, but it sucks.

It is based on how many debates you win. The system is not fantastic, but it exists.

Im probobly an exception. Check how many ive won and lost.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:10:17 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:31:19 AM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/25/2012 9:30:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, but it sucks.

Im probobly an exception. Check how many ive won and lost.

Loses are irrelevant.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:14:19 AM
Any rating system that depends on user input is prone to abuse. This isn't merely a hypothetical; people will use it to punish people for arbitrary reasons and it will become an indicator of popularity, not debating skill.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:18:26 AM
It almost seems like there should be a system of leagues or something to offset the fact that thousands have half-a$$ed only a few debates (myself included).
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:50:51 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:27:39 AM, Mestari wrote:
Ore_Ele does ELO, but I don't know the last time it's been updated.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.