Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 6:15:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's so annoying.

1. 1dustpelt
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 6:21:04 PM
1. 1dustpelt
2. 16kadams
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 6:42:32 PM
BECAUSE ITS SO HARD TO GET AROUND iT.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:03:48 PM
I didn't realize this was even a significant issue, especially for those who don't play mafia where this is actually kind of a minor annoyance... For regular posts I don't see why this should matter at all, but would be interested in understanding why it's a big deal to some people...

16kadams, (because you are running for DDO President) could you please explain your support for this idea and why you think the caps filter is a hindrance and needs to be ended?
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:06:17 PM
I vote nay because the owners have a multitude of more pressings things to fix on the site.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:07:04 PM
At 4/25/2012 7:06:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I vote nay because the owners have a multitude of more pressings things to fix on the site.

I VERY STRONGLY AGREe.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:23:07 PM
At 4/25/2012 7:07:04 PM, Contra wrote:

I VERY STRONGLY AGREe.

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:01:14 PM

I VERY STRONGLY AGREe.

Lol.

Put my name on that there list.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:28:48 PM
At 4/25/2012 8:01:14 PM, WriterSelbe wrote:

I VERY STRONGLY AGREe.

Lol.

Put my name on that there list.

No caps? I'd be more interested in a no cursing (because it's really annoying when someone pisses you off and then the site wags the pointer finger at you and holds out a bar of soap threateningly).

Remove the all caps thing? We have better things to do with our time.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:31:09 PM
I'm kinda reconsidering this. I think that the all caps should be removed, but it's a minor hassle, compared to other things that could really improve the site.
WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:34:41 PM
At 4/25/2012 8:31:09 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
I'm kinda reconsidering this. I think that the all caps should be removed, but it's a minor hassle, compared to other things that could really improve the site.

Let's take this scenario and enlarge it to other offices of responsibility:

Small Boy's Parents: Our son was raped, and you're doing nothing.
State: I'm sorry, but we have more important cases to work on, like the murdering of our Senator's daughter.

No matter how small, they're obligated to listen to whatever the heck we have to say.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:45:53 PM
At 4/25/2012 8:34:41 PM, WriterSelbe wrote:
At 4/25/2012 8:31:09 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Let's take this scenario and enlarge it to other offices of responsibility:

Small Boy's Parents: Our son was raped, and you're doing nothing.
State: I'm sorry, but we have more important cases to work on, like the murdering of our Senator's daughter.

No matter how small, they're obligated to listen to whatever the heck we have to say.

The all-caps filter is an inconvinence. Rape of a small boy is not. You are conflating to very seperate ideas. And Juggle isn't very active, anyway.
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:34:28 PM
At 4/25/2012 10:32:08 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I WANT ALL CAPS

- nac

+1 to that
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:25:40 PM
Put me on the list. If I cannot post in all caps, then I cannot effectively yell at people.

And that's terrible.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:58:40 PM
At 4/25/2012 11:25:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Put me on the list. If I cannot post in all caps, then I cannot effectively yell at people.

And that's terrible.

Lolz. Perhaps that is one reason why DDO disallowed all caps. To try and keep a more "civilised community" perhaps...
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 12:04:26 AM
At 4/25/2012 11:58:40 PM, famer wrote:
At 4/25/2012 11:25:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

And that's terrible.

Lolz. Perhaps that is one reason why DDO disallowed all caps. To try and keep a more "civilised community" perhaps...

Most of us can have use all caps and not abuse it. And besides, some people just need to be yelled at.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 12:11:54 AM
It wont be banned guys........ It will be given a trial that will last a couple of days and then someone is going to forfeit a round and completely botch the trial, and then the no all caps filter will go on to start its own campaign to be president to cut down on banning........

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 1:56:21 AM
Why the need to allow all caps? If anything, the filter is a measure that can aid in the creation of an atmosphere of sensibility and civility. Similarly, the filter on common curses serves a similar role. There is no need for such vulgar discourse, although such a statement as this is likely to be countered with some repartee involving repeated swearing.

Besides, there are far more pressing matters to address.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 3:01:13 AM
At 4/26/2012 1:56:21 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Why the need to allow all caps? If anything, the filter is a measure that can aid in the creation of an atmosphere of sensibility and civility. Similarly, the filter on common curses serves a similar role. There is no need for such vulgar discourse, although such a statement as this is likely to be countered with some repartee involving repeated swearing.

Besides, there are far more pressing matters to address.

Interesting point of view.

Btw way, what does CAPLlock have to say about this?!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:41:06 AM
One word for you noobs:

nac

Nuff said.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 11:08:59 AM
It needs to be banned
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~