Jump to topic:

Second round of the Tournament

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:43:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, congratulations to those who made to the second round; you are free to host conversations and discussions here and ask questions here or on my profile.

The winners are: RoyLatham, Vmpire, Mestari, StephenHawkings, THEBOMB, and TUF. Those who lost their debates, even by a slight margin, may serve as replacements or partake in the final discussion in the thread at the end of the tournament.

The debate pairs will be announced very quickly after the creation of this thread.:)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:49:54 PM
(As a matter of fact, those conversations include those stimulated by the moderator.

Now, I am still tempted to create a loser system as I feel, personally, that many of the debates were judged poorly or inappropriately. It is very easy for me to quickly create a loser bracket system for those who "lost"....)

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:11:48 PM
Never mind, I have settled a stance to my question.