Jump to topic:

Is DDO In trouble?

cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 7:59:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have seen Numerous posts lately about the value and investments by Juggle and them buying this site. Is I coincidence or is there a danger of DDO shutting down?
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:00:03 PM
no
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:17:59 PM
At 4/29/2012 7:59:26 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
I have seen Numerous posts lately about the value and investments by Juggle and them buying this site. Is I coincidence or is there a danger of DDO shutting down?

Yes
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 9:19:17 PM
no. Even if the investment was poor on Juggle's part, it would have to be the case that they'd think the operating costs of keeping Debate.org up (which is low relative to the capital cost) is so high that DDO should be shut down.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 11:41:39 PM
I don't think they could bring themselves to shut down a website with thousands of users and hundreds of active participants.

At the very worst they would sell it, not shut it down.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 1:44:20 AM
If it's not making money, there is very good reason to shut it down. As a conservative, you should now that :P They have no revenue stream from this site as far as I can see anyway, so...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 3:30:13 AM
At 4/30/2012 3:08:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Buy a site for over 100,000 dollars.
Shut it down.
Makes sense to me.

exactly. If anything, should it be a poor investment they'd spruce the place up and try and flip it, but there's no evidence of that. In the words of Juggle when I asked about changes (many moons ago), their response was 'it works', meaning there was no need to dedicate any resources to one of their sites that's self sustaining.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 3:32:00 AM
At 4/30/2012 3:30:13 AM, innomen wrote:
At 4/30/2012 3:08:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Buy a site for over 100,000 dollars.
Shut it down.
Makes sense to me.

exactly. If anything, should it be a poor investment they'd spruce the place up and try and flip it, but there's no evidence of that. In the words of Juggle when I asked about changes (many moons ago), their response was 'it works', meaning there was no need to dedicate any resources to one of their sites that's self sustaining.

Do they have any plans to institute any sort of program or advertising that will generate revenue?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 12:05:57 PM
What has always puzzled me: what is juggles interest in this site? As far as I can see there is no revenue stream from it, and $100k is a lot of money. So what is it exactly that "works"?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 12:09:50 PM
I just don't understand why don't they either sell it or stick an advert somewhere.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 8:03:18 PM
At 4/30/2012 12:05:57 PM, Double_R wrote:
What has always puzzled me: what is juggles interest in this site? As far as I can see there is no revenue stream from it, and $100k is a lot of money. So what is it exactly that "works"?

They have it as part of their portfolio. That's pretty much it.

If you look at their site, they use the amount of websites they have like, off the bat to try and entice other projects.

http://www.juggle.com...
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.