Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 9:02:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've offended you.

I'm sorry.

You've given me no avenue to do this privately, particularly because you "defriended" me.

I guess it doesn't really make a difference, because we never really interacted. But, the fact that you went through the trouble to add me, was actually significant to me. I respect the intellect and persona you've projected, however accurate the persona may be, and thus, in this context, your opinion matters to me.

So, I'm going to assure you that you've misunderstood me, although it doesn't matter, and hope against hope that I haven't allowed the irreverent and sometimes caustic way I put things (consistent with my terribly dry humor) irreparably damage a positive opinion of me that I actually value (although when you said that you'd meet me, I didn't go so far as to take that seriously. I'm sure you've noticed that it wouldn't be impossible ;) -- so, we are still being realistic, here.)

Anyway, this is too long already and it really does feel quite attention slutty, but I didn't know how else. I don't even know why I care. Perhaps we're all artists and this internet projection is simply our artwork -- well, I really appreciate your artwork. Thassall.

So, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way.

Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 3:17:01 PM
I forgive you.
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 3:17:55 PM
Well, I sure as heck don't.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 4:58:22 PM
I don't think anyone really cared in the first place. I mean really, who gives a crap if someone unfriends you on DDO. How insecure and vanity oriented could one be to worry about being unfriended on DDO or any other web site. You don't even personally know or have never met 99% of them.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 5:37:41 PM
At 5/3/2012 4:58:22 PM, sadolite wrote:
I don't think anyone really cared in the first place. I mean really, who gives a crap if someone unfriends you on DDO. How insecure and vanity oriented could one be to worry about being unfriended on DDO or any other web site. You don't even personally know or have never met 99% of them.

How have you been here for four years and have 0 DDO friends?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 5:40:30 PM
At 5/3/2012 5:37:41 PM, imabench wrote:

He mass defriended.

Reason: He's Sad O lite!

(for the slow: Pun, because his name sounds somewhat like sad a lot)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:38:48 PM
You can offend people, Ren?
I did not know you had this characteristic. Interesting...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:18:44 PM
At 5/3/2012 5:37:41 PM, imabench wrote:

I get requests all the time, I ignore them as they are not my "Friends". I don't throw the term around or take the term "friend" so nonchalantly like 99.99% of the people surfing web sites do. No one on here is my "friend" I have never personally met a single sole on this site. "Friendship" is something that must be "earned" over time. I have maybe two real "friends". All the rest of the people I know are just acquaintances. They may think we are friends, but they are not.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:28:10 PM
A "friend" is ten times more likly to throw you under the bus or stab you in the back than an aquintence is.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:34:21 AM
At 5/4/2012 12:22:27 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
How does one "unfriend" a person?

Why do you wanna know? http://www.ddotomen.com...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 1:28:26 AM

click "my friends" under "my messages"

go through the list to find the person you want to unfriend

click the x all the way to the right of their page

the deed is done.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:49:38 AM
At 5/4/2012 12:34:21 AM, Oryus wrote:

Why do you wanna know? http://www.ddotomen.com...

lol