Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Argument Deletion

Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:53:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Almost every other argument I create has been deleted either fully of partially by my computer. Sometimes I have to forfeit for this reason. Is there anything I can do to save my arguments so that they won't be deleted?
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:07:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:53:34 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Almost every other argument I create has been deleted either fully of partially by my computer. Sometimes I have to forfeit for this reason. Is there anything I can do to save my arguments so that they won't be deleted?

time out time out, what internet browser do you use?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:16:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I recommend typing it in a word program such as MS Word and then copy+paste into debates.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:17:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 12:07:57 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/3/2012 11:53:34 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Almost every other argument I create has been deleted either fully of partially by my computer. Sometimes I have to forfeit for this reason. Is there anything I can do to save my arguments so that they won't be deleted?

time out time out, what internet browser do you use?

It used to do it with me and I use IE. But for some reason now it doesn't work anymore.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:19:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I type mine in notepad, c&p into Word for a spell/grammar check, then c&p it back into notepad to remove formatting (directly c&p-ing from Word to DDO causes formatting issues) then c&p from notepad into DDO.

I then back up the entire internet, reformat it, and reinstall everything.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:22:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
don't worry Ron the same thing happens to me to
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheDiabolicDebater
Posts: 66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:31:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I type up my arguments in google docs. It automatically saves everything as you type. When I'm finished, I copy and paste onto DDO. It messes up the formatting though, so I just have to take a minute to fix it real quick.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 12:53:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I type it into the debate thing, then copy it into a word document whenever.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:35:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, thanks all for posting your suggestions. I will make sure to copy and paste my arguments onto a Microsoft Word document before I close the page out or push the review button.
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 10:53:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you have more than one tab of debate.org open when this happens?
Just wondering...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:25:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:53:34 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Almost every other argument I create has been deleted either fully of partially by my computer. Sometimes I have to forfeit for this reason. Is there anything I can do to save my arguments so that they won't be deleted?

AHAHAHAHAHA, so you just learn't that DDO save isn't perfect. You are not a true DDOer until you have spent at least 2 hours on your argument only to have it disappear, then the rage and swear words that follow soon after.

1) Copy
2) Open MS word
3) ?????
4) Paste
5) Save
6) Profit
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:41:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 12:31:03 PM, TheDiabolicDebater wrote:
I type up my arguments in google docs. It automatically saves everything as you type. When I'm finished, I copy and paste onto DDO. It messes up the formatting though, so I just have to take a minute to fix it real quick.

Google Docs is the best utility to combat argument/typing deletion. Microsoft Word doesn't feature the saving frequency of Google Docs, and it requires a new program to run while online. Google Docs is easy to use while on the internet, because it's just another tab: faster switching between sources, argumentation, and DDO, because it's all online.

GOOGLE DOCS DO YOU F*CKING HEAR ME!?!?!?!?!?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:43:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:25:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

1) Copy
2) Open MS word
3) ?????
4) Paste
5) Save
6) Profit

With Google Docs, it's basically..
1) Open Google Docs
2) Post argument on DDO
3) Profit + B!tches
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:45:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey, brother did you hear the good news?!

Jesus came to save you and your work instantly!

https://docs.google.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:45:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:58:53 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Hit Review every couple paragraphs. It'll save it next time you open it up.

Or just put in in Word.

WOAH I DIDN"T KNOW THIS <3
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:54:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I use Google Docs.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:08:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2012 11:53:34 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Almost every other argument I create has been deleted either fully of partially by my computer. Sometimes I have to forfeit for this reason. Is there anything I can do to save my arguments so that they won't be deleted?

Do not type up arguments in DDO. Use a word processor and then c/p it.
I'd also suggest not voting for Ron Paul, it's most likely his fault it keeps happening :P
Debate.org Moderator