Tvellalot calls out imabench on PMing

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 1:51:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://debateorg.blogspot.co.uk...

This may be of big news to users, especially the more veteran of us. Imabench has supposedly published a letter regarding the campaign of TV, and stated that innomen has gone against his campaign. This is incredibly big news, I would say, and worth a read.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 1:57:38 AM
This is kind of old news now... And TV has said he has reconsidered, and is no longer interested in unbanning Askbob.

Taking this all at face value, I'd say it's not really an important issue any more.
Debate.org Moderator
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 11:14:31 AM
Updated.

And though it may be of news to you, it is probably of news to others, especially as how now it is the third most read post so far.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:08:31 PM
Dude, what the hell man?:

Hawkings, this was all a crude attempt at exploiting private information for an underground campaign against TV that I regret doing completely, and it is something that shouldnt be made public so if you could remove the entire post of the conversation from the DDO blog it would be much appreciated by a lot of people.

Alright, so expose imabench for revealing private information. But why the hell are you making information that should already been private to begin with even more public.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:24:13 PM
At 5/4/2012 2:08:31 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Hawkings, this was all a crude attempt at exploiting private information for an underground campaign against TV that I regret doing completely, and it is something that shouldnt be made public so if you could remove the entire post of the conversation from the DDO blog it would be much appreciated by a lot of people.

Alright, so expose imabench for revealing private information. But why the hell are you making information that should already been private to begin with even more public.

Thanks for the info Stephen_Hawkins!

I probably will not vote or Dark after that charade.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:30:15 PM
At 5/4/2012 2:24:13 PM, tyler90az wrote:

Thanks for the info Stephen_Hawkins!

I probably will not vote or Dark after that charade.

you realize that dark had nothing to do with any of this right?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:56:02 PM

You got to that at a terrible time, and it was removed after about 5 minutes.

On the grounds that I got a request to post this by 10 people within the two days I was not online.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:03:10 PM
To be clear, I removed a small amount of the PM, due to a c/p error.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:19:28 PM
A lot of us are extremely opposed to the idea of Askbob being unbanned. Without this issue being brought to our attention it's possible that TV may have been elected and simply unbanned him. I never heard TV once bring the issue of Askbob or unbanning up, and it wasn't until people became aware of this that TV decided to post a forum about it.

Shortly thereafter, he reconsidered the idea when he heard how unpopular the idea was with much of the DDO membership, and that Askbob had been trolling around just a couple weeks before.

But this happened weeks ago, so it's really a non-issue now, unless TV has reconsidered his position...

This isn't scandalous or news worthy in the least then, and then what is this other than "shock journalism" to the uninformed?

Journalism 101... How does this post move the story forward?
Debate.org Moderator
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:25:24 PM
At 5/4/2012 3:19:28 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
A lot of us are extremely opposed to the idea of Askbob being unbanned. Without this issue being brought to our attention it's possible that TV may have been elected and simply unbanned him. I never heard TV once bring the issue of Askbob or unbanning up, and it wasn't until people became aware of this that TV decided to post a forum about it.

Shortly thereafter, he reconsidered the idea when he heard how unpopular the idea was with much of the DDO membership, and that Askbob had been trolling around just a couple weeks before.

But this happened weeks ago, so it's really a non-issue now, unless TV has reconsidered his position...

This isn't scandalous or news worthy in the least then, and then what is this other than "shock journalism" to the uninformed?

It actually happened on the 23rd. That's 11 days.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:36:53 PM
At 5/4/2012 3:25:24 PM, Viper-King wrote:

OK... Fair enough.. and yet that's more than enough time for members to have heard about this issue, and already have been informed beyond what is being presented in the post.

..And I still don't see why it's being presented in this way... Even one of the labels on the post is "Shock", as though this is some type of tabloid issue.

The current president expressed a serious concern with one of the candidates policies. One of the candidates brought this concern into light, and the candidate with that questionable policy reconsidered his position once he finally made that position public.

SO what exactly is the headline here...? TV feels bad that a poor policy of his was brought to light by his competition?
Debate.org Moderator
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:42:26 PM
At 5/4/2012 3:36:53 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

OK... Fair enough.. and yet that's more than enough time for members to have heard about this issue, and already have been informed beyond what is being presented in the post.

..And I still don't see why it's being presented in this way... Even one of the labels on the post is "Shock", as though this is some type of tabloid issue.

The current president expressed a serious concern with one of the candidates policies. One of the candidates brought this concern into light, and the candidate with that questionable policy reconsidered his position once he finally made that position public.

SO what exactly is the headline here...? TV feels bad that a poor policy of his was brought to light by his competition?

It's about how questionable the communication between Imabench and DK is, how moral a smear campaign is, and how moral the VP is and whether or not Imabench is more of a burden than a burden-carrier.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:46:55 PM
At 5/4/2012 3:42:26 PM, Viper-King wrote:

It's about how questionable the communication between Imabench and DK is, how moral a smear campaign is, and how moral the VP is and whether or not Imabench is more of a burden than a burden-carrier.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:49:33 PM
At 5/4/2012 3:42:26 PM, Viper-King wrote:

Those are legitimate questions that voters can ask and answer themselves. However I don't see how it can be viewed as a "smear campaign" in the least. Everything was factual and accurately presented by TV's own admission. Perhaps it should have been done in a different way, but I don't see what difference that makes, as the end result was providing the voters with information they would not have had otherwise.

Spinning it in the way this post does makes it seem as though the action had some type of negative consequence, when it actually had a very positive one.
Debate.org Moderator
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:17:09 PM

This is probably the most accurate post. Imabench made an imprudent and impulsive decision that cost him a lot. My words were taken out of context, and yes I lament the loss of TV's respect and friendship as a result. Those of us who are directly involved and are capable would like to move on from this event, and perhaps learn from it. I will make it clear one more time that I bear no hard feelings toward Imabench, he's a good guy who hopefully learned a valuable lesson, and TV, is a staple and a standard of this site, and everyone here should hold him in very high regard. Unlike some of the candidates that I have seen, both Darkkermit and TV have the best interest of the site as an objective of their victory as president.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:19:25 PM
Not to mention you clearly were trying to get this out there, by making a goddarn thread about it.

Really SH?

Really?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-