Jump to topic:

Apology from Imabench

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:30:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Let me go ahead and say this again since Hawkings is only interested in becoming an attention whore for his blog.

I regret doing what I did. It is my biggest mistake on DDO and I have done everything in my power to try to correct my mistakes. I have apologized to Innomen for violating the sanctity of PM's and only because he is so forgiving we made amends. I have apologized to Dark for not informing him about this or not alerting him to what I was doing and promised to not be so impulsive in which only through his forgiveness as well that we made amends over it. I even apologized to Tvellalott for doing something so stupid and ruining the friendship between him and Innomen. The only person I have not apologized to is the public because It was in my hopes that this would fade away before being made public.

If Tvellalott wants to use this as a smear campaign against Dark then let me remind him and everyone of one thing. Dark is a great candidate and I am honored to be his Vice President and ashamed that I have become more of a liability than an Asset, but god dammit Darkkermit had nothing to do with what I did. This is all on me and of my own doing, not his, so if Tvellalott wants to use this against us then he can only use it against me, not Darkkermit.

To everyone on DDO I apologize for what I did, I am better than this, and everyday I try to be a better person, and everyday you WILL get a better person. As a show of commitment to being a better person I wont start any more troll debates on DDO, I shall not derail any legit debates through the use of semantics, and I will refrain from trolling as much as possible to show that I am better than this and that DDO deserves a better person to serve as the next vice president. If Tvellalott wants to make me look like im not mature enough or ethical enough to serve as Vice President, then like everything else I do on this website I accept this challenge and will show that I am more than just some kid he can launch a smear campaign against to try to discredit a candidate better than he is..........

I am not someone whose mistakes will be used by someone to discredit someone else who wasnt even involved,

I am not someone who flees from his mistakes either, Im someone who knows to hone up to his mistakes,

Im a person who is willing to aks for forgiveness from his fellow DDO'ers because I know when I have stepped over the line,

And most importantly

Imabench, and dont ever forget it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:00:44 PM
You're a monster.... No, but, what happened?

I can't keep track of all the drama. o.0
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:03:00 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:00:44 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

He's pregnant and 16k is the father.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:03:44 PM
I never did understand what happened tbh.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:05:15 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:03:00 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/4/2012 4:00:44 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

He's pregnant and 16k is the father.

You sure it wasn't Royal? </sarcasm>

Anyway, there was something about Imabench, the DDO presidency, and PMs.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:06:44 PM
I used a private PM as leverage against Tvellalott which to this day i regret doing because its not the person I am. Hawkings then found out about the thread and copy-pasted nearly the entire thing to the DDO blog just for kicks
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:07:45 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:06:44 PM, imabench wrote:
I used a private PM as leverage against Tvellalott which to this day i regret doing because its not the person I am. Hawkings then found out about the thread and copy-pasted nearly the entire thing to the DDO blog just for kicks

Unbiased media my @$$.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:08:45 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:07:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Unbiased media my @$$.

I know right?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:09:52 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:08:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
So what? TV PMed a bunch of us to get support for him. Who the hell cares?

Id ask Hawkings and Viper King since apparently to them Im Hitler all of a sudden

Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:11:01 PM

Do I get anything for seeing this coming and warning you about it (kind of)?
Sapere Aude!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:11:58 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:11:01 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Do I get anything for seeing this coming and warning you about it (kind of)?

Yes you do, a lot of it too

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:12:30 PM
also, that was a friggen PRIVATE pm.

Since when are we allowed to just post those without the people's in the PMs permission?!?!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:13:54 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:12:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Since when are we allowed to just post those without the people's in the PMs permission?!?!

According to Hawkings its "his civil duty as a reporter to report the truth" or something, I dont even know anymore.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:15:51 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:13:54 PM, imabench wrote:

According to Hawkings its "his civil duty as a reporter to report the truth" or something, I dont even know anymore.

-_-

That sounds like a dumb way to legalize ANY type of reporting that "the truth."

Heck, using that, we should report EVERYONE'S private info, cause it our duty to report the truth!

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:26:22 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:09:52 PM, imabench wrote:

Id ask Hawkings and Viper King since apparently to them Im Hitler all of a sudden

First of all, I had nothing to do with that post. I was the one who did DDO Politics. If someone posts something biased, it doesn't mean it's my responsibility. I didn't out any of the info you gave me because it was PRIVATE and SECRET. Stephen_Hawkins did it on his own accord thus meaning I am clear. Please stop exaggerating the situation. SH got more than 10 people contact him saying they wanted a story. He felt like it was supported by the public and decided to write it.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:26:43 PM

This is the way it once was.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:40:33 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:26:22 PM, Viper-King wrote:

First of all, I had nothing to do with that post. I was the one who did DDO Politics. If someone posts something biased, it doesn't mean it's my responsibility. I didn't out any of the info you gave me because it was PRIVATE and SECRET. Stephen_Hawkins did it on his own accord thus meaning I am clear. Please stop exaggerating the situation. SH got more than 10 people contact him saying they wanted a story. He felt like it was supported by the public and decided to write it.

Viper you replied in the same thread by saying how,

"It's about how questionable the communication between Imabench and DK is, how moral a smear campaign is, and how moral the VP is and whether or not Imabench is more of a burden than a burden-carrier."

So you are quite literally making me look like a bad guy with an insane amount of bias

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:46:52 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:40:33 PM, imabench wrote:

"It's about how questionable the communication between Imabench and DK is, how moral a smear campaign is, and how moral the VP is and whether or not Imabench is more of a burden than a burden-carrier."

So you are quite literally making me look like a bad guy with an insane amount of bias

No it is not. These are questions for the voters. You r acting like Lannan13 right now stating we're trying to make you look all bad. These are questions that many voters have asked and this is not what I think, this is what many people question. Stop acting like Lannan13 and I hope you understand that I said nothing about the PMs. I didn't even know SH had written this article until this morning.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:50:42 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:46:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:

No it is not. These are questions for the voters. You r acting like Lannan13 right now stating we're trying to make you look all bad. These are questions that many voters have asked and this is not what I think, this is what many people question. Stop acting like Lannan13 and I hope you understand that I said nothing about the PMs. I didn't even know SH had written this article until this morning.

There is a lot wrong and inappropriate with this response VK... If you are going to be an impartial arbitrator of the elections you can NOT engage members on these issues. It makes you appear to have some kind of bias.
Debate.org Moderator
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:56:42 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:50:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

There is a lot wrong and inappropriate with this response VK... If you are going to be an impartial arbitrator of the elections you can NOT engage members on these issues. It makes you appear to have some kind of bias.

How have I shown any sort of bias in the elections? I have not endorsed or said I've supported any candidate. In fact, SH endorsed DK and Ima. I'm telling Imabench to stop stating that we're specifically trying to smear him and that the reasons I stated that people wanted to have this article were what I was talking about. How have I biased against any specific candidate besides posting articles? Nothing I've wrote has been "wrong" or "inappropriate" and if people want to make a big deal about the issue, go ahead. This was done BECAUSE people REQUESTED IT not because we felt like "making me (ima) look like the bad guy".
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:57:15 PM

and you claim to be unbiased....

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:01:14 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:56:42 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 5/4/2012 4:50:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

How have I shown any sort of bias in the elections? I have not endorsed or said I've supported any candidate. In fact, SH endorsed DK and Ima. I'm telling Imabench to stop stating that we're specifically trying to smear him and that the reasons I stated that people wanted to have this article were what I was talking about. How have I biased against any specific candidate besides posting articles? Nothing I've wrote has been "wrong" or "inappropriate" and if people want to make a big deal about the issue, go ahead. This was done BECAUSE people REQUESTED IT not because we felt like "making me (ima) look like the bad guy".

You are an impartial member of DDO working on the elections. You should not be arguing with voters about any of the issues, just presenting them. I don't think your comments about Lannan were appropriate.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but you need to understand your role in the elections now... Present the issues and information and do not state anything that could be perceived as having an opinion one way or another.

Just how I feel.. But I think you are doing a good job otherwise, and good luck with the rest of the election stuff.
Debate.org Moderator
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:01:52 PM
No more trolling?!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkins you are an evil man.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:02:45 PM
"I wont start any more troll debates on DDO, I shall not derail any legit debates through the use of semantics, and I will refrain from trolling as much as possible to show that I am better than this and that DDO deserves a better person to serve as the next vice president."

Appology Accepted :D

Don't care too much about the rest of it though lol. At this point I am not sure I care about all the presidency stuff anymore.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:03:31 PM
At 5/4/2012 4:59:41 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Question: should Imabench and/or Stephen be reprimanded or punished?

Im open for suggestions. Ive suspended trolling debates for humor and issued an apology and promised to be a better person but if there is something else you have in mind im all ears

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:04:03 PM
At 5/4/2012 5:02:45 PM, TUF wrote:
"I wont start any more troll debates on DDO, I shall not derail any legit debates through the use of semantics, and I will refrain from trolling as much as possible to show that I am better than this and that DDO deserves a better person to serve as the next vice president."

Appology Accepted :D

Don't care too much about the rest of it though lol. At this point I am not sure I care about all the presidency stuff anymore.

Thanks TUF <33333

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:05:48 PM

No. Public awareness is the only 'justice' required. Stephen didn't actually do anything wrong, and depending on how you see things, neither did Imabench.
Debate.org Moderator
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:06:29 PM
At 5/4/2012 5:03:31 PM, imabench wrote:

Im open for suggestions. Ive suspended trolling debates for humor and issued an apology and promised to be a better person but if there is something else you have in mind im all ears

I think that may be enough for you. However, Stephen, in my eyes, should definitely be punished for violating the sanctity of the "privateness" of "private messaging." I think that he should be removed from his role as DDO blogmaster, maybe suspension from forum use. Or being able to PM, or receive PMs. (Seriously.)