Jump to topic:

Don't let the terrorists win.

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2008 6:26:20 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Loneliness can do too much to a person. When a person feels neglected, inferior, and lacking socially, they do many things. They lie, they cheat, they go against their own morals and values, purely to satisfy their greed.

An alleged Christian has succumbed to this evil. He has come to a site where intelligence is valued, and lacking any, was shunned. He was ENVIOUS. He started trolling the forums, causing disruption, fooling no one, because his ignorance was blatantly visible underneath a minor veil. After this veil was ripped aside and his ignorance exposed, his PRIDE could not withstand it. He was a shattered man, brought down by pure logic and reason.

He became WRATHFUL, and decided to attack this group, trying to bring harm where he was harmed, even though he knows that vengeance should only be carried out by the Divine. His LUST for revenge, his GLUTTONY for self redemption, and his GREED for gaining artificial respect brought on out of fear, led him to perform shameful, Unchristian acts. Acts that his children would be ashamed to witness. Instead of building himself up in the eyes of the group, he decided to be LAZY. He decided to strike back at those who he believed to have struck him. He decided to steal the tunics from those who he believed to have stolen his. He has violated the rules of his religion, and shamed every community he is representative of.

But his loss was all for naught. He is a failure. He was a failure before, he is a failure now, and he will always be a failure.

Due to either purposeful inaction, or perhaps inability, the moderators are unable to repair the damage. So I write this petition and proclamation.

I, Kleptin, hereby proclaim my SEPARATION from the DEBATE.ORG WIN RATIO AND LEADERBOARD.

As part of this proclamation, I shall no longer concern myself with win ratios or the leaderboard. For all intents and purposes, they NO LONGER EXIST. In addition, I hereby proclaim that my debates in their entirety, from the past to the future, shall be judged purely by "The Cleaners", and consider all other votes to be NULL and VOID.

All those who wish to sign with me, please go ahead.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
scissorhands7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2008 6:30:02 PM
Edward Scissorhands (known as Mr. Hands by JBlake)

signed
I rock peas on my head, but don't call me a peahead, bees on my head but dont call me a beehead, bruce lees on my head but dont call me a lee head...
I hang out with an apple who loves self loathing....
Its my show I'm andy milonakis.
Sweatingjojo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2008 6:34:51 PM
I, Sweatingjojo, hereby proclaim my LONGSTANDING SEPARATION from the DEBATE.ORG WIN RATIO AND LEADERBOARD.

As part of this proclamation, I will affirm my belief in not concerning myself with win ratios or the leaderboard. For all intents and purposes, they NEVER MATTERED TO ME. In addition, I hereby proclaim that my debates in their entirety, from the past to the future, shall be judged purely those who are open in mind. Votes from those who hold pre-conceived bias will be frowned upon.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2008 6:34:55 PM
As a seal of my commitment to this pledge, I have willfully voted against myself to the best of my ability on all my debates :D

Help me reach 0, debate.org!!
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2008 6:40:49 PM
I, Joe (PoeJoe), hereby proclaim my LONGSTANDING SEPARATION from the DEBATE.ORG WIN RATIO AND LEADERBOARD.

As part of this proclamation, I will affirm my belief in not concerning myself with win ratios or the leaderboard. For all intents and purposes, they NEVER MATTERED TO ME. In addition, I hereby proclaim that my debates in their entirety, from the past to the future, shall be judged purely those who are open in mind. Votes from those who hold pre-conceived bias will be frowned upon.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2008 6:48:07 PM
RACE DOWN THE HILL!

I'll have the most unreasonable losses in all debate.org

Now, my self proclaimed title of "best bad debater" will actually be true, ironically XD

LR4N6FTW4EVA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 2:56:38 AM
I, LR..., hereby proclaim my SEPARATION from the DEBATE.ORG WIN RATIO AND LEADERBOARD.

As part of this proclamation, I shall no longer concern myself with win ratios or the leaderboard. For all intents and purposes, they NO LONGER EXIST. In addition, I hereby proclaim that my debates in their entirety, from the past to the future, shall be judged purely by "The Cleaners", and consider all other votes to be NULL and VOID.

Read my above post...
gahbage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 12:14:06 PM
I, gahbage, hereby proclaim my SEPARATION from the DEBATE.ORG WIN RATIO AND LEADERBOARD.

I never cared about the win ratio anyway; what good are skewed statistics?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 12:54:00 PM
At 10/27/2008 12:51:59 PM, s0m31john wrote:
B..b...but how else will we judge the size of our e-peen if it's not by win ratio?

What do you care? Everything looks big to a loli :D
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Robert_Santurri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 1:04:04 PM
At 10/27/2008 1:01:16 PM, LR4N6FTW4EVA wrote:
MODS DELETED MY THREAD CALLING THEM OUT FOR MOD INACTION!!!

Isn't that ironic?

http://imagechan.com...

Too funny.
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
-- Edward R. Murrow

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-- Robert Frost
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 1:52:18 PM
I am sorry, but since when is someone who vote bombs out of spite, a "terrorist"? Not that I don't support you're proclamation, which I have been asserting from the very start, but it is kind of stupid to refer to what's going on as "terrorism".
Robert_Santurri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 2:04:50 PM
At 10/27/2008 1:52:18 PM, Harlan wrote:
I am sorry, but since when is someone who vote bombs out of spite, a "terrorist"? Not that I don't support you're proclamation, which I have been asserting from the very start, but it is kind of stupid to refer to what's going on as "terrorism".

It's called internet terrorism.
-- Edward R. Murrow

-- Robert Frost
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 2:24:49 PM
At 10/27/2008 1:52:18 PM, Harlan wrote:

A terrorist is a person who maliciously acts to inspire fear in an innocent group in order to obtain selfish goals.

Josh has made it clear that he is using vote bombing as a threat against The Cleaners. I did used to care about my win ratio back when it meant something, I'm not afraid to admit it. Many here claim they never cared about it, I'm not sure if they are honest or not, but I used to. I liked my win ratio. I'd like for it to be high. But after a while, it has changed.

Now, the lower your win ratio, the more evidence there is that you are hated/discriminated against. I find that amusing, so I sank myself down to 0 to make several points.

First of all, no further damage can be done to me, making Josh's threats fall on at least one pair of deaf ears.

Second, I am less restricted in what debate topics I feel like picking up.

Most importantly, I'm a living example for others of how the win ratio means nothing. I have over a dozen debates where I have lost by a tremendous amount where my opponent has forfeited most if not all their rounds.

Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 2:26:31 PM
At 10/27/2008 2:04:50 PM, Robert_Santurri wrote:

Well that is silly. It has absolutely nothing to do with terror. It seems to me to ben an ignorant adaptation of a word due to political climate.
Robert_Santurri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 2:28:20 PM
At 10/27/2008 2:26:31 PM, Harlan wrote:
At 10/27/2008 2:04:50 PM, Robert_Santurri wrote:

Well that is silly. It has absolutely nothing to do with terror. It seems to me to ben an ignorant adaptation of a word due to political climate.

Read Kleptin's post above.
-- Edward R. Murrow

-- Robert Frost
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 3:43:43 PM
A terrorist is a person who maliciously acts to inspire fear in an innocent group in order to obtain selfish goals.

So you think that Josh was trying to inspire terror? I think that's stretching it a tad. Look, I dont want to get into a huge argument over this. I support your message, I just think you worded this pretty badly.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 3:47:56 PM
At 10/27/2008 3:43:43 PM, Harlan wrote:

So you think that Josh was trying to inspire terror? I think that's stretching it a tad. Look, I dont want to get into a huge argument over this. I support your message, I just think you worded this pretty badly.

I admit you're right in saying this is a little over the top. He may not be trying to inspire terror, but he is trying to further his goals by taking advantage of people's fear of getting vote bombed, as he is using it as a threat against "The Cleaners" to disband. Thus, he is not a literal terrorist, but the shoe isn't too many sizes too large for it not to fit him.

Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 12:09:34 PM
I, Dnick94, hereby proclaim my SEPARATION from the DEBATE.ORG WIN RATIO AND LEADERBOARD.

signed
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 5:54:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
I so totally care about my elo.

Been looking at old forums much?
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:20:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I haven't cared about my win ratio since my very first day on DDO. It is meaningless, you don't win anything. You can't use it on a resume. It's an entertainment site. My voting record is unknown anyway. It has been vote bombed so many times it "IS" funny. 100% win ratio to 0% like 3 times.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%