Jump to topic:

000ike, Royal, Izbo, Writer Ought to Return

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 3:20:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I demand that the above users return to this site immediately.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 3:23:34 PM
I think royal ought to at least return for the mafia. That is mainly what she likes here. She can just avoid the rest of the forums and debates if she wishes.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 3:29:49 PM
Izbo can return as a duplicate of Inferno, ignored but regarded in the general consciousness.

Although I doubt he would want to, considering that I am still here....;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 3:52:39 PM
Throw in askbob, and you have a deal.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 5:01:27 PM
At 5/10/2012 5:00:01 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I call bullsht. Also, I don't wan Izbo. I don't care about the rest, but I will gladly take askbob.

=,(
But don't you remember his flaming glory?
kfc
WriterDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 5:02:06 PM
Somebody's gonads are hanging on my wall right now, but thanks to him anyway for bringing this thread to my attention and encouraging me to come back.

Thing is, I'm a carebear.

I'm a bleeding heart. A delicate flower. A fragile glass. I have the emotional maturity of any given occupant of a Chuck e Cheese ball pit. I'm a spineless wimp. A part-time drama queen. A pre-Surak Vulcan. Sometimes I'm amazed that I have reproductive organs. That's who I am.

And it's quite possible I'm a hypocrite. Later, when I've calmed down from all this, I'll look at my remarks and decide whether an apology is in order for the way in which I've expressed very real concerns I have about the conduct of Contradiction and his circle of friends. In the meantime, I can perhaps be justly accused of giving without taking. And I don't care. I really don't. Not at this moment.

So Geo can demand what he likes, and I appreciate the sentiment. But while I want to exchange ideas and arguments, my psychological condition precludes my doing so in certain environments. What *I* demand is a place where the outcome of these exchanges don't reduce to your ability to maintain cliques, where advocates of basic civility are the rule rather than the exception, and where you can't make nine fat jokes (that's from just one individual), whatever the justification, without some kind of meaningful sanction.

As the philosopher Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want.
Writer. Liberal atheist. Official "Official of the FREEDO Bureaucracy" of the FREEDO Bureaucracy.

Edit To Civilize, with FAQs: http://bit.ly...
Insult Ownership: http://bit.ly...
Haters: http://bit.ly...

"I said you are a fake, a phony, and a fraud, but that doesn't mean I think you're putting on an act." --Innomen
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 5:04:14 PM
At 5/10/2012 5:02:06 PM, WriterDave wrote:
Somebody's gonads are hanging on my wall right now, but thanks to him anyway for bringing this thread to my attention and encouraging me to come back.

I'm a bleeding heart. A delicate flower. A fragile glass. I have the emotional maturity of any given occupant of a Chuck e Cheese ball pit. I'm a spineless wimp. A part-time drama queen. A pre-Surak Vulcan. Sometimes I'm amazed that I have reproductive organs. That's who I am.

And it's quite possible I'm a hypocrite. Later, when I've calmed down from all this, I'll look at my remarks and decide whether an apology is in order for the way in which I've expressed very real concerns I have about the conduct of Contradiction and his circle of friends. In the meantime, I can perhaps be justly accused of giving without taking. And I don't care. I really don't. Not at this moment.

So Geo can demand what he likes, and I appreciate the sentiment. But while I want to exchange ideas and arguments, my psychological condition precludes my doing so in certain environments. What *I* demand is a place where the outcome of these exchanges don't reduce to your ability to maintain cliques, where advocates of basic civility are the rule rather than the exception, and where you can't make nine fat jokes (that's from just one individual), whatever the justification, without some kind of meaningful sanction.

*leaves thread before drama starts up again*
kfc
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 5:28:27 PM
At 5/10/2012 5:02:06 PM, WriterDave wrote:

Here's some advice: @$$holes will be in every little nook and crevice ever found for all eternity. The important thing to realize is thats just what they are. @$$holes. And there opinion matters just as much as to anyone else, and to you, as a grain of dust means to an black hole.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 12:47:10 AM
At 5/10/2012 4:53:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
Petition to bring CJL back:

1. Koopin.
2. Innomen
3. Royal
4. Cody
5. PCP

LOLWUT
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 1:08:23 AM
At 5/11/2012 12:47:10 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

1. Koopin.
2. Innomen
3. Royal
4. Cody
5. PCP

LOLWUT

I also petition for gabby to return.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 2:23:28 PM

1. Koopin.
2. Innomen
3. Royal
4. Cody
5. PCP

Lol, took me a moment to remember who that was.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 2:29:25 PM
@WriterDave

If you are offered a gift, and you refuse to take the gift, who is the owner of that gift?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp