Jump to topic:

WriterDave's Trial [Ideas]

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:18:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We are coming together to put WriterDave on trial for his own good. The trial would revolve around WD's mental capacity to handle operating on this site.

This is just an ideas thread for now.

Standard trial procedure. We need a prosecuting team, defense team and a jury set up. Evidence will be gathered etc.

innomen was the one who suggested this idea.

If you want to participate, add to this idea or help organize please post here.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:31:56 PM
I don't think he should be put on trial, that'll just cause more drama.

I hate to advocate a "Father knows best" course of action, but he should probably just be banned for his own good.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:37:55 PM
I want to be prosecution!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:38:46 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:31:56 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
I don't think he should be put on trial, that'll just cause more drama.

I hate to advocate a "Father knows best" course of action, but he should probably just be banned for his own good.

No this is for whether he is fit to stay, what will likely happen is there will be a spike of interests then it will die off into nothing.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:39:28 PM
For the love of god do NOT make Microsuck the prosecuter...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:42:09 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:39:28 PM, imabench wrote:
For the love of god do NOT make Microsuck the prosecuter...
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:50:07 PM
See 16kadams? Conservatives side with the Prosecution and God with justice sides with the Defense. I seriously want to believe these radical Conservatives want to ruin the world or are mentally retarded just from seeing that. Why the fvck would someone be put on trial for their "ideas"?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:54:14 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:50:07 PM, Viper-King wrote:
See 16kadams? Conservatives side with the Prosecution and God with justice sides with the Defense.

Thank you for recognising my God hood. It is true. I am Apollo.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:57:12 PM
See 16kadams? Conservatives side with the Prosecution and God with justice sides with the Defense. I seriously want to believe these radical Conservatives want to ruin the world or are mentally retarded just from seeing that. Why the fvck would someone be put on trial for their "ideas"?

I am a deist. Also, you knwo the bible advocates punishments right? lol.

You seem to only argue insults, which is highly degrading to your argument.

Well WD wants to sue juggle, a good way to destroy DDO. so...
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:01:10 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:57:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:

lol! Where does the Bible modern-day state that people should be punished for their ideas and why should we apply it here?

You seem to act like a regular human. Of course, you're whole universe revolves around yourself and you only want everyone to be on you're Defense side in your trial but when others are considering trials, you want to just prosecute them for banning.

So? If they want to sue Juggle, I dare him. He literally will be destroyed in a couple seconds by the powerful almighty Juggle who hardly cares about DDO.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:03:02 PM

We are trying to remove him for his own good. Don't protesters who get out of hand get removed from places for being disruptive? Aren't people threatening to jump of a building removed for their own good?

That is what this is akin to.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:03:45 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:01:10 PM, Viper-King wrote:

lol! Where does the Bible modern-day state that people should be punished for their ideas and why should we apply it here?

You seem to act like a regular human. Of course, you're whole universe revolves around yourself and you only want everyone to be on you're Defense side in your trial but when others are considering trials, you want to just prosecute them for banning.

So? If they want to sue Juggle, I dare him. He literally will be destroyed in a couple seconds by the powerful almighty Juggle who hardly cares about DDO.

I find it ironic that Viper uses insults to justify his position against insults....
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:05:17 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:03:45 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

I find it ironic that Viper uses insults to justify his position against insults....

lol I'm in a bad mood. XD
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:07:52 PM

Define modern day. I assume new testament. Jesus said most people go to hell. (Mathew) Atheists will be killed and will be damned. (John)

It's everywhere, read the book.

You reinforce my point above. Further nothing revolves around me, I think I am a dumb fvck nobody until I get something done in life. I am stuck in a desk so I am still worthless to society.

Depending on his lawyers (even if he loses) we will get shut down. Look:

Hardly care about DDO
Trial costs money, even if they win they pay thousands in fees
If they loose they lose big
Even less profit from us
They delete us or sell us to incompetent owners.

You obviously dont knwo laws, its a lose lose for us.

Anyway most of your "arguments" are hate filled messages towards me. Wait we need to ban you and censor you I might kill myself! - Logic from WD
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:08:23 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:05:17 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 5/12/2012 4:03:45 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

lol I'm in a bad mood. XD

You must always be in a bad mood then.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:10:02 PM
Also haven't the conservatives fought for the defense often? Most recently in the trayvon case.

VK, stop trolling ;)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:10:23 PM
Oh I must report VK's posts!
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:10:47 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:07:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Define modern day. I assume new testament. Jesus said most people go to hell. (Mathew) Atheists will be killed and will be damned. (John)

You reinforce my point above. Further nothing revolves around me, I think I am a dumb fvck nobody until I get something done in life. I am stuck in a desk so I am still worthless to society.

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

Anyway most of your "arguments" are hate filled messages towards me. Wait we need to ban you and censor you I might kill myself! - Logic from WD

Actually 16k, the "trial" would cost nothing, because there would be no trial. You see if anyone actually bothered to read the electronic contract we all implicitly signed, "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Debate.org Members or users, whether online or offline. Juggle reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members or users. If you have a dispute with one or more Members or users, you release Debate.org and Juggle (and our officers, directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:12:11 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:10:47 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

Actually 16k, the "trial" would cost nothing, because there would be no trial. You see if anyone actually bothered to read the electronic contract we all implicitly signed, "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Debate.org Members or users, whether online or offline. Juggle reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members or users. If you have a dispute with one or more Members or users, you release Debate.org and Juggle (and our officers, directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute."

Having no case =/= no trial, he can push for external damages to himself. Many trials happen over non laws. It happens all the time. It makes WD's case unwinnable though.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:13:41 PM

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

Not how life works. In order for the case to be dismissed juggle has to pay money.

Thats why what wd is doing is bullying.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:14:18 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:12:11 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

Having no case =/= no trial, he can push for external damages to himself. Many trials happen over non laws. It happens all the time. It makes WD's case unwinnable though.

A judge would laugh him out of the court room....they would file it, Juggle, which probably already has lawyers, would file a motion to dismiss based on the TOS, and a judge would probably grant it.

He cannot push for any damages from Juggle, "you release Debate.org and Juggle (and our officers, directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:14:36 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:13:41 PM, Wnope wrote:

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

Not how life works. In order for the case to be dismissed juggle has to pay money.

And its still possible it can go to court D:
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:15:25 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:14:36 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/12/2012 4:13:41 PM, Wnope wrote:

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

And its still possible it can go to court D:

Not probable it would go to court.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:15:33 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:14:18 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 5/12/2012 4:12:11 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Hardly care about DDO
Even less profit from us

A judge would laugh him out of the court room....they would file it, Juggle, which probably already has lawyers, would file a motion to dismiss based on the TOS, and a judge would probably grant it.

He cannot push for any damages from Juggle, "you release Debate.org and Juggle (and our officers, directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute."

See wnopes post, it still costs money to dismiss a case, and a judge laughing at him has nothing to do with it.