In the case of WriterDave:

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:24:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is a trial warranted?

Do we have anyone who will act as defense?

Do we have anyone who will act as prosecutor?

If we get to those questions, I will facilitate the rest.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:26:03 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:24:41 PM, innomen wrote:
Is a trial warranted?

Koopin VS me, were about to get this under way. And I am about to get vote bombed the sh1t out of lol
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:27:02 PM
Is a trial warranted?

Honestly...I really don't know. He hasn't really done anything warranting of a trail, but if other people want one then i'm all for it

TUF, Danielle

Cody or Koopin. They both seem passionate about this...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:28:35 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:27:02 PM, Cobo wrote:
Is a trial warranted?

Honestly...I really don't know. He hasn't really done anything warranting of a trail, but if other people want one then i'm all for it

TUF, Danielle

Cody or Koopin. They both seem passionate about this...

Danielle suggested he leave I think.

http://www.debate.org...
kfc
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:41:40 PM
Is a trial warranted?

yes

I would do it

https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:44:10 PM
Screw a trial he needs to be banned ASAP for his own good.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:45:34 PM
Is a trial warranted?

What is he being charged with?
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:50:46 PM
hey i saw he made a forum that got really popular. What happned with him? What's going on?
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:51:58 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:50:46 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:
hey i saw he made a forum that got really popular. What happned with him? What's going on?

He wants to sue Juggle for his "pain and suffering." He also wants to change the site. Read the thread :P
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:54:25 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:51:58 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

He wants to sue Juggle for his "pain and suffering." He also wants to change the site. Read the thread :P

I would read it, but it has over 700 posts. I don't feel like reading it all.
Anyway, if he wants to sue juggle, he should just gtfo of this site. IF he doesn't like it, he can leave.
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:57:30 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:54:25 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

Anyway, if he wants to sue juggle, he should just gtfo of this site. IF he doesn't like it, he can leave.

Well, you can keep up with this debate and you might learn a lot:
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 3:59:48 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:57:30 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/12/2012 3:54:25 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

Well, you can keep up with this debate and you might learn a lot:

liked and fallowing.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:01:11 PM
It would be more along the lines of putting someone away for their own good, to prevent self harm. Generally they don't go to a prison, but another place. It's essentially a competency hearing.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:01:30 PM
At 5/12/2012 3:44:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
Screw a trial he needs to be banned ASAP for his own good.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:02:06 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:01:11 PM, innomen wrote:
It would be more along the lines of putting someone away for their own good, to prevent self harm. Generally they don't go to a prison, but another place. It's essentially a competency hearing.

I think the 700 post thread speaks to his competency.
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:03:12 PM

Why does he continue to hurt himself by staying on here? If he is sensative about this, why doesnt he just leave and not bother with this anymore? This a debate site. The point of this site is conflict. Not violent conflict, but civilized conflict.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:04:15 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:03:12 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

Why does he continue to hurt himself by staying on here? If he is sensative about this, why doesnt he just leave and not bother with this anymore? This a debate site. The point of this site is conflict. Not violent conflict, but civilized conflict.

This. WriterDave, if you want to leave, don't be a RoyalPaladin and throw a huge fit. Just get on with life.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:04:17 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:03:12 PM, cheesedingo1 wrote:

You need to read his FAQs for that.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:05:30 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:00:41 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
WD gets off on being a victim. I honestly think we'd just be feeding his fantasies.

I tend to agree that he's essentially an attention whore. I've made attempts to speak with him via PM and he ignores that, which leads me to think he prefers full site attention when addressing me - attention whore.

Feeding his fantasies would be putting his ideas for this site on trial, but we're talking about him as a fragile human being who is clearly incompatible with the community of DDO.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:06:43 PM
This is what I view this trial as:

An unruly protester being removed from the premise.
A man being removed from a ledge because he threatened to jump.

It's not a criminal prosecution more of a removal for the common good.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:11:15 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:05:30 PM, innomen wrote:
WD gets off on being a victim. I honestly think we'd just be feeding his fantasies.

I tend to agree that he's essentially an attention whore. I've made attempts to speak with him via PM and he ignores that, which leads me to think he prefers full site attention when addressing me - attention whore.

Same. He only responds publicly, PM'ing him is useless.

Feeding his fantasies would be putting his ideas for this site on trial, but we're talking about him as a fragile human being who is clearly incompatible with the community of DDO.

Maybe, I just don't feel it is justification for him to be banned. I hold the same stance for him as I do with Inferno. Drama can be easily avoided, by simply ignoring him. Inferno is no different from WD, yet I know your opinion on Inferno and banning him. I don't see why it should be any different than Writer Dave. In fact, the inferno ban would make more sense than the WD ban, as he has actually attacked members several time publicly. Not that I care, I just don't see any reason why banning him is more important than banning WD.

Also WD has said plenty of times that banning him won't make him stop. Just like Askbob, he will keep coming back for more.

So the solution is simple, if you don't like him, ignore him. Some people were finally able to do this with Inferno too.

The ones who didn't, well, they are the REAL attention whores. Lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:26:09 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:11:15 PM, TUF wrote:

Maybe, I just don't feel it is justification for him to be banned. I hold the same stance for him as I do with Inferno. Drama can be easily avoided, by simply ignoring him. Inferno is no different from WD, yet I know your opinion on Inferno and banning him. I don't see why it should be any different than Writer Dave. In fact, the inferno ban would make more sense than the WD ban, as he has actually attacked members several time publicly. Not that I care, I just don't see any reason why banning him is more important than banning WD.

Also WD has said plenty of times that banning him won't make him stop. Just like Askbob, he will keep coming back for more.

So the solution is simple, if you don't like him, ignore him. Some people were finally able to do this with Inferno too.

This would be my most difficult ban, because he's not shown any malicious behavior, or objective toward the site, other than wanting to transform it into his own little utopia. He is different than inferno in that he's the one insisting that there is harm being caused, but upon him. As always my measuring stick is harm, and clearly he has made his own case for harm being waged against him. It is an inverse of other situations, but the net effect is harm, and ultimately he is the author of it.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:31:00 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:26:09 PM, innomen wrote:

This would be my most difficult ban, because he's not shown any malicious behavior, or objective toward the site, other than wanting to transform it into his own little utopia. He is different than inferno in that he's the one insisting that there is harm being caused, but upon him. As always my measuring stick is harm, and clearly he has made his own case for harm being waged against him. It is an inverse of other situations, but the net effect is harm, and ultimately he is the author of it.

I wouldn't want to ban WD. WD is actually very intelligent and adds some pretty decent content. He's just a little ridiculous as a human being, but I can live with that. Inferno, on the other hand, adds basically nothing to the site but I still wouldn't want him banned.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:31:33 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:26:09 PM, innomen wrote:

You know what?

we should have a system whereby people can sue... for bans or other repercussions (whatever they may be) in cases like this?

That would be neato.

I'd be an acting attorney.

That would get me all the way into debate on this site fersher.

And, it would cut down on the whining while formalizing disputes.

Yes???
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:40:01 PM
Is a trial warranted?

Depends. Has WD broken the ToS?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
WriterDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:40:54 PM
I will not be participating in this thread, or any discussion that directly arises from it.
Writer. Liberal atheist. Official "Official of the FREEDO Bureaucracy" of the FREEDO Bureaucracy.

Edit To Civilize, with FAQs: http://bit.ly...
Insult Ownership: http://bit.ly...
Haters: http://bit.ly...

"I said you are a fake, a phony, and a fraud, but that doesn't mean I think you're putting on an act." --Innomen
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:42:04 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:40:54 PM, WriterDave wrote:
I will not be participating in this thread, or any discussion that directly arises from it.

Irrelevant.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 4:43:57 PM
At 5/12/2012 4:40:54 PM, WriterDave wrote:

The discussion will arise whether or not your here...