Platform of Jimtimmy/16kadams for President

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:35:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is our platform:

1.) Banning- As always, we only support limited banning. We would weaken banning power where only very obvious trolls could be banned.

2.) Cell Phone Verification- We support ending the cell phone requirement. We are also open to suggestions for a more reasonable alternative to stop mutli accounting.

3.) History Topic- We totally support the creation of a history topic.

4.) Censorship of the Forums- We support eliminating the ban on cussing in the forums and the ban on all caps lock posts.

5.) Big Issues Reform- We fully support the efforts to reform the Big Issues.

We understand that it requires working with juggle to achieve these reforms. That makes sense. But, we do feel it is appropriate to lay out what our priorities would be.

Vote for Jimtimmy and 16kadams!
President of DDO
Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:36:56 AM
How do you feel about the 500 posts requirement to vote?
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:37:27 AM
At 5/13/2012 1:36:56 AM, Ameriman wrote:

I thought it was only 100.
President of DDO
Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:38:06 AM
At 5/13/2012 1:37:27 AM, jimtimmy wrote:

No, they changed it recently.

I think it is a bit too much.
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:38:39 AM
At 5/13/2012 1:38:06 AM, Ameriman wrote:
At 5/13/2012 1:37:27 AM, jimtimmy wrote:

No, they changed it recently.

I think it is a bit too much.

I wouldn't be for that.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:39:21 AM
To be clear, if the voting requirement has indeed risen to 500 posts (which I have not yet confirmed), I am opposed to that and would support lowering it back to 100.
President of DDO
Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:41:29 AM
I agree with everything in this platform, and you are the only candidate who has yet said they would endorse lowering the voting requirement.

Although, I haven't asked the others.

I honestly didn't even know you were running, because somebody else told me there were only two candidates and one was you.

I also thought 16kadams was running for president, but is he running for VP now with you?

Also, I heard you were a racist. Is that true?
-Paul Ryan
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:43:43 AM
At 5/13/2012 1:41:29 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I agree with everything in this platform, and you are the only candidate who has yet said they would endorse lowering the voting requirement.

Although, I haven't asked the others.

I honestly didn't even know you were running, because somebody else told me there were only two candidates and one was you.

I also thought 16kadams was running for president, but is he running for VP now with you?

Also, I heard you were a racist. Is that true?

Thank you.

I really would appreciate your vote.

Um, 16kadams was running with me as my VP originally. But, then I left and he ran for president.

But, when I came back, he had dropped out so he joined me again as VP.

And, as for the racist thing.

I used to have some views that some considered racially insensitive. I have since abandoned those views.

Anyways, I am gonna have to find out more about this 500 post thing, that seems pretty absurd.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:52:08 AM
I challenge you to debate me on who would make a better president.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:03:21 AM
At 5/13/2012 1:52:08 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Tvellalott, how do you feel about the 500 post requirement?
-Paul Ryan
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:14:28 AM

Tvellalot, who's your VP even?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:56:48 AM
At 5/13/2012 2:14:28 AM, Zaradi wrote:

That hurts Zaradi.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 6:08:54 AM
At 5/13/2012 1:35:54 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
Here is our platform:

1.) Banning- As always, we only support limited banning. We would weaken banning power where only very obvious trolls could be banned.

I don't believe you. Although you probably believe what you're saying, but I don't believe you. You're a kid with the power to ban, that is if you have the ability to ban, which is incredibly unlikely.

2.) Cell Phone Verification- We support ending the cell phone requirement. We are also open to suggestions for a more reasonable alternative to stop mutli accounting.

You're not juggle, you can make no such change. You curry no influence with Juggle, and you will never be able to make this happen.

Although I favor this, the site repeatedly has said no. You will act contrary to the wants of the members?

4.) Censorship of the Forums- We support eliminating the ban on cussing in the forums and the ban on all caps lock posts.

Again, you are not Juggle, you have no ability to make this change.

Good luck with that. You don't know what's involved, and for this, I have faith in Ore_Ele, not you.

We understand that it requires working with juggle to achieve these reforms. That makes sense. But, we do feel it is appropriate to lay out what our priorities would be.

A wish list is nice around Christmas time, but the first rule of all goals is that they must be attainable.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 6:24:27 AM
At 5/13/2012 5:56:48 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

That hurts Zaradi.

You?
I was never aware he even chose.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 6:33:42 AM
At 5/13/2012 6:24:27 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/13/2012 5:56:48 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

That hurts Zaradi.

You?
I was never aware he even chose.

He was my VP, then we switched.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 9:12:00 AM
At 5/13/2012 7:06:15 AM, drafterman wrote:
Why should we vote for someone who admitted their return here is most likely temporary?

THAT is your major objection?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 10:16:36 AM
"Now that your back I might as well ask you a couple of questions.

1) When you left DDO some of your last words were about how you made up the DDO elite, that it was an absurd idea you used for comedic effect and to hopefully gain support.... My question is how do you expect people to see your next platform as legitimate when you confessed that your last one was made up?

2) In one of the three forums you made upon your return to DDO, when asked whether or not you would run for president you replied by saying "probably not", and 11 minutes later you announced you were running and havent even made a platform. Why the impulsive change so fast?

3) Why did you make 16k your VP........ Again?

4) You have also confessed to making up lies about yourself for pity from other people on DDO and you confessed to harassing DDO members who have only been nice to you. What would make you a trustworthy candidate?

5) Why did you decide to come back and did it have anything to do with 16k dropping out? (I ask this because the timing between your arrival and 16k's dropping out was impeccable and it seems like you came back to replace 16k's campaign)

6) Last time your main campaign goal was to rid DDO of the DDO elite and make it so that people didnt live in perpetual fear of being banned, what will be your main stance this time?"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 12:18:23 PM
At 5/13/2012 9:12:00 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 5/13/2012 7:06:15 AM, drafterman wrote:
Why should we vote for someone who admitted their return here is most likely temporary?

THAT is your major objection?

It's not an objection, it's a question. Neither did I qualify it as being "major" or realize that this thread is only for "major" objections.

I am surprised that you picked that, not being an illicitly revealed PM and all.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:04:39 PM
At 5/13/2012 1:39:21 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
To be clear, if the voting requirement has indeed risen to 500 posts (which I have not yet confirmed), I am opposed to that and would support lowering it back to 100.

I can see why you would be opposed to it because if it is a 500 post requirement then you lose 95% of your support.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:06:19 PM
At 5/13/2012 2:04:39 PM, imabench wrote:

I can see why you would be opposed to it because if it is a 500 post requirement then you lose 95% of your support.....

Does the president even have the power to lower the voting requirement?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:08:04 PM
At 5/13/2012 2:06:19 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

nope, but dont tell him that because if he figures out that even as president he cant promise to fulfill any of the changes he has listed then it could really damage his support....

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:09:32 PM
At 5/13/2012 2:08:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/13/2012 2:06:19 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

nope, but dont tell him that because if he figures out that even as president he cant promise to fulfill any of the changes he has listed then it could really damage his support....

Yea...I noticed that to. 99.9% of that stuff is stuff he could not even promise....
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:11:47 PM
No offense but if Innomen thinks your platform is BS then you don't have a chance. Really I felt that 16kadams' original platform is a much better one then this. Sorry, but I am voting Darkkermit and imabench unless there are improvements.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:43:40 PM
At 5/13/2012 6:08:54 AM, innomen wrote:
Here is our platform:

I don't believe you. Although you probably believe what you're saying, but I don't believe you. You're a kid with the power to ban, that is if you have the ability to ban, which is incredibly unlikely.

At 18 years old, I am a legal adult.

And, I can guarantee I will keep this promise.

You're not juggle, you can make no such change. You curry no influence with Juggle, and you will never be able to make this happen.

I can be quite convincing. And, I am only laying out my priorities. I made clear that that is what this is.

Although I favor this, the site repeatedly has said no. You will act contrary to the wants of the members?

If they vote for me, somebody who is clearly for this, how is this contrary to the will of the members?

I can try. Just because you have not succeeded in doing things does not mean that I won't.

Good luck with that. You don't know what's involved, and for this, I have faith in Ore_Ele, not you.

Again, the fact that you have failed in this regard does not mean that any president would fail.

A wish list is nice around Christmas time, but the first rule of all goals is that they must be attainable.

I can see that, unfortunatley, you appear to be attacking my candidacy very hard.

It's true that I am not running for your third term. If somebody wants to vote for a third Innomen term, they shouldn't vote for me.

I am offering real change from your failures as president. So, it is understandable that you would be frustrated.
President of DDO
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 3:01:11 PM
@JimTimmy I like your platform but lots of it is filled with 16kadams inside of it. 16kadams is a more controversial person than Microsuck. And given your past history, nobody is ready for you to be prez.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 3:08:33 PM
At 5/13/2012 2:43:40 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 5/13/2012 6:08:54 AM, innomen wrote:
Here is our platform:

At 18 years old, I am a legal adult.

And, I can guarantee I will keep this promise.

Well, since I will make sure you do not have the ability to mod, I wouldn't make such guarantees.

I can be quite convincing. And, I am only laying out my priorities. I made clear that that is what this is.

You don't know what you're talking about, nor do you know the ramifications of such a change, or you just don't care.

If they vote for me, somebody who is clearly for this, how is this contrary to the will of the members?

A good leader puts his wants aside, and acquiesces to those he serves.

I can try. Just because you have not succeeded in doing things does not mean that I won't.

I made no such attempt. They will not change the standards of this site for you, nor should they.

Again, the fact that you have failed in this regard does not mean that any president would fail.

You speak as if you have an inkling of what you're talking about and you don't, and you never shall. Know this, that your biggest flaw is, you want power. You don't wish to serve, but you want power. As such you will never be effective, but only be divisive.

I can see that, unfortunatley, you appear to be attacking my candidacy very hard.

It's true that I am not running for your third term. If somebody wants to vote for a third Innomen term, they shouldn't vote for me.

I am offering real change from your failures as president. So, it is understandable that you would be frustrated.

I'll give you this, you have balls.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 3:10:30 PM

Now, who does this sound like? (Hint: The answer rhymes with "WriterDave")
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 3:13:38 PM
At 5/13/2012 10:16:36 AM, imabench wrote:
"Now that your back I might as well ask you a couple of questions.

1) When you left DDO some of your last words were about how you made up the DDO elite, that it was an absurd idea you used for comedic effect and to hopefully gain support.... My question is how do you expect people to see your next platform as legitimate when you confessed that your last one was made up?

2) In one of the three forums you made upon your return to DDO, when asked whether or not you would run for president you replied by saying "probably not", and 11 minutes later you announced you were running and havent even made a platform. Why the impulsive change so fast?

3) Why did you make 16k your VP........ Again?

4) You have also confessed to making up lies about yourself for pity from other people on DDO and you confessed to harassing DDO members who have only been nice to you. What would make you a trustworthy candidate?

5) Why did you decide to come back and did it have anything to do with 16k dropping out? (I ask this because the timing between your arrival and 16k's dropping out was impeccable and it seems like you came back to replace 16k's campaign)

6) Last time your main campaign goal was to rid DDO of the DDO elite and make it so that people didnt live in perpetual fear of being banned, what will be your main stance this time?"