Jump to topic:

DDO election Airmax/Innomen

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:50:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would like to officially announce my candidacy for DDO President.

As many of you have already heard, Darkkermit has dropped out for personal reasons. I am honored and humbled by the opportunity to run for president and represent the site membership.

I would first like to say that I am excited to be running and although becoming president is something I have only recently come to seriously consider, the Presidency is something I have always believed can be used to greatly affect this site and be used as a mechanism for organizing the efforts for the changes we all would like to see. I pledge that no one will be more dedicated than I, to see the things you want, come to fruition.

I have a strong affinity for this website and would like to see it succeed and flourish in all ways possible. DDO is not just a bunch of text. It is a community of people with a shared interest in debate and discussion. It is those people, and that community that I most want to positively affect and maintain. I hope to do so, by having a relationship with as many of you as possible.

I have many ideas, plans, and positions, but I would like to keep this announcement short for now. In the coming days I will answer all of your questions and expand on what my goals are.

I have asked Innomen to run as my VP so that, should I win the election, the transition from his administration to mine can be made as smoothly as possible. During that time, I will benefit from his knowledge and insight as I have during the entire time I have known him.

Thank you for reading, feel free to ask any questions you have, or make any comments below.

Airmax/Innomen
Debate.org Moderator
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:51:04 PM
supporting you
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:51:33 PM
What is your platform
Wall of LOL
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:51:50 PM
At 5/13/2012 4:51:33 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
What is your platform?

fixed
Wall of LOL
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:52:38 PM
I officially endorse airmax for president
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:53:41 PM
You two have my vote, hands down :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:54:37 PM
At 5/13/2012 4:50:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

As many of you have already heard, Darkkermit has dropped out for personal reasons. I am honored and humbled by the opportunity to run for president and represent the site membership.

I would first like to say that I am excited to be running and although becoming president is something I have only recently come to seriously consider, the Presidency is something I have always believed can be used to greatly affect this site and be used as a mechanism for organizing the efforts for the changes we all would like to see. I pledge that no one will be more dedicated than I, to see the things you want, come to fruition.

I essentially said that, and the funny thing is you wont get any criticisms.

I have a strong affinity for this website and would like to see it succeed and flourish in all ways possible. DDO is not just a bunch of text. It is a community of people with a shared interest in debate and discussion. It is those people, and that community that I most want to positively affect and maintain. I hope to do so, by having a relationship with as many of you as possible.

I have many ideas, plans, and positions, but I would like to keep this announcement short for now. In the coming days I will answer all of your questions and expand on what my goals are.

I have asked Innomen to run as my VP so that, should I win the election, the transition from his administration to mine can be made as smoothly as possible. During that time, I will benefit from his knowledge and insight as I have during the entire time I have known him.

Thank you for reading, feel free to ask any questions you have, or make any comments below.

Airmax/Innomen
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:56:07 PM
At 5/13/2012 4:54:37 PM, 16kadams wrote:

I essentially said that, and the funny thing is you wont get any criticisms.
I think we were criticizing your platform as well as history of deception and odd statements, instead of simply targeting your dedication to working on the site, adams...

Airmax/Innomen
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:59:14 PM
At 5/13/2012 4:51:33 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
What is your platform

Similarly to Kermit, I plan to maintain as much continuity with the Innomen administration as possible. Obvious trolls (love spam, phishers etc) will be banned and any continued questionable behavior by members who have been sufficiently warned leads to a trial. The rules of trials have already been spelled out and I think most of us agree that this system should be maintained.

As part of my platform, I plan to be as open to suggestions and available as possible. This includes the administration itself for any of you who would like to be directly involved, or any of you who would simply like me to clarify any aspects of the platform. So I encourage each and every one of you to get in touch with me about anything at all that concerns you.

Things like changing site features is something I will make an effort on as well: Big Issues, forum search, debate tournaments etc, and other things that I will specify in the near future.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 4:59:43 PM
At 5/13/2012 4:59:22 PM, Koopin wrote:
Fake

Kfc
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:00:44 PM
Do you wish to obtain Mod powers or let your Vice President retain the sole Mod powers in your partnership?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:02:04 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:00:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Do you wish to obtain Mod powers or let your Vice President retain the sole Mod powers in your partnership?

No pun intended :).
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:08:10 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:00:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I am running for president, not 'the mod'. Should the membership decide to elect me, based on this result, the current mod may feel that through a democratic process and his judgement, that I am worthy of such a position. This is why this partnership was decided, as a method of transition of power and responsibilities. The VP will retain mod responsibilities as this transition occurs.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:23:32 PM
Is there anything in particular that sets you apart from the other candidates?
:
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:26:17 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:23:32 PM, Oryus wrote:

Innomen. And that's why airmax will win. It's a closed case as of this moment.
kfc
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:30:51 PM

I'm sure there is and I will expand on those particulars soon, as well as particular ideas that I have. But as far as specific ideas that I have that I don't think they have mentioned is something that was sought by the original creators of the site (Webcorp LLC).

Their idea was to have Obama and McCain debate on DDO in 2008. While this idea never came to fruition, I believe we have a rare opportunity to finally make it happen in some form. I am willing to exert a great amount of time and energy to try and have one or potentially even both presidential candidates fielding questions to DDO in the near future. This will take the efforts of many dedicated members, and I will personally dedicate myself to organize efforts to make this happen.

The idea of hosting The two US presidential nominees in a debate on DDO is something that has great appeal to me, and is something I'd like to see happen.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:43:39 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:30:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I'm sure there is and I will expand on those particulars soon, as well as particular ideas that I have. But as far as specific ideas that I have that I don't think they have mentioned is something that was sought by the original creators of the site (Webcorp LLC).

Their idea was to have Obama and McCain debate on DDO in 2008. While this idea never came to fruition, I believe we have a rare opportunity to finally make it happen in some form. I am willing to exert a great amount of time and energy to try and have one or potentially even both presidential candidates fielding questions to DDO in the near future. This will take the efforts of many dedicated members, and I will personally dedicate myself to organize efforts to make this happen.

The idea of hosting The two US presidential nominees in a debate on DDO is something that has great appeal to me, and is something I'd like to see happen.

Ok- interesting. I hadn't heard about that at all but then again.. I have only been here for about 5 months.

That would definitely up the site traffic.

And it would certainly benefit political discourse T.T
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:49:13 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:43:39 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/13/2012 5:30:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Ok- interesting. I hadn't heard about that at all but then again.. I have only been here for about 5 months.

That would definitely up the site traffic.

And it would certainly benefit political discourse T.T

It's just an idea for now. But I'd like to explore the possibility. There are some practical issues I need to research of course.
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:51:27 PM
for the record airmax is also a presidential candidate who is actually willing to answer questions about his campaign, unlike other candidates who have VP's who have been on trial....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:53:02 PM
I challenge you to debate me on who would make a better president.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:55:12 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:53:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:

how will you get around the time zone issue since you live in Australia?

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:55:58 PM

You have asked him but has he accepted?

Muh threads
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:56:46 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:55:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:

yeah he did.... i asked him personally

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:57:05 PM

Yes he has already accepted.. And let me give some thought to the debate challenge
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:57:08 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:55:12 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/13/2012 5:53:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:

how will you get around the time zone issue since you live in Australia?

The entire mafia community can attest to me being able to function as a proper member even though I live in Australia.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 5:59:05 PM
At 5/13/2012 5:57:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yes he has already accepted.. And let me give some thought to the debate challenge

Lol. Please decline my challenge. PLEASE. jimtimmy hasn't even acknowledged me and darkkermit dropped out before our debate could happen. If none of my opponents will debate me about who would make the better president of a debate site... well, that'll look good for me.

Muh threads