Jump to topic:

Airmax/Innomen Platform

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:31:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My intention is to be as open to suggestions and available as possible. This includes the campaign, or the administration itself for any of you who would like to be directly involved, or any of you who would simply like me to clarify any aspects of the platform or simply chat with me about axolotls (or anything else). So I encourage each and every one of you to get in touch with me about anything at all that concerns you.

Personal

My name is Max, I am 28 years old, and I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I run a small business that specializes in the acquisition and sale of sports memorabilia, as well as specific types of antiquities. This requires me to spend a lot of time on a computer, and allows me to spend lots of time on this site while working and at home. I understand organization and management, how relationships formed in an organization are important to getting things done, as well as motivating people towards particular goals, and delegation.

I'm not entirely comfortable touting my own character. I will say that I try to be a responsible, thoughtful and friendly person that is dedicated to everything I involve myself in. Anyone who knows me is free to share his personal feelings about me, and anyone who doesn't know me is free to ask someone who does.

Site features

The following features are just some of the things I will work to add, change or update:

Big Issues:

Like everyone, I would like to see them updated even though we have been unable to in the past. Koopin went out of his way to try to reform the big issues and DDO already has spoken about what should be changed, so I wish to communicate with Juggle about what else must be done to reform the Big Issues list while also keeping an eye on the list of changes DDO has already made.

Forum Search:

It would be nice to be able to search through the forums for specific topics, so if communication with juggle improves substantially, one of my first changes would be to give members the ability to search for specific forums by typing in terms in the title.

Additional stickies in specific forum topics:

I would like to see specific posts authored by members be stickied in the forums. For example, an explanation of basic economics, in the appropriate forum. Perhaps multiple posts from specifically opposed viewpoints, as well as other additional posts in other forum categories. This is perhaps the easiest thing I can promise, since all it requires is coordination with a mod.

Regular debate tournaments, Team debates:

Organized debate tournaments and team debates at regular intervals would be really nice to see on DDO, the hardest part about having a tradition is starting it, so I am more than willing to help coordinate with members to launch big debate tournaments if DDO members are willing to participate in them.

Juggle

Coordinating with Juggle is one of the more important responsibilities the president has. The likelihood of getting much done for the DDO community weighs heavily on the presidents ability to make the most out of a relationship with Juggle. There is no guarantee that Juggle will agree to all of our suggestions for DDO, however it is beneficial for everyone on DDO that we aim to simply improve relations with Juggle over time and cooperate with them as much as possible. Improving relations with Juggle over time is more vital to the success and longevity of DDO.

Banning

Obvious trolls (love spam, phishers etc) will be banned, and any continued questionable behavior by members who have been sufficiently warned leads to a trial. The rules of trials have already been spelled out and I think most of us agree that this system should be maintained.
In nearly all cases, these issues will be brought up publicly and the opinions of the membership will be sought after and valued.

Modding

This is a debate site, and certain contentious issues are inevitable, and while I don't condone personal attacks, I will always err on the side of freedom of expression. If there is a serious issue of significant or constant personal attacks, members should as always feel free to contact me and let me know the situation so that we can decide if specific action needs to take place.

In general, censorship of any kind should be viewed as a last resort, except in severe circumstances. When such issues arise I will always seek the views of the sites membership and value them over my own personal beliefs.

The issue of Mod/VP

Mod issues

I am running to be DDO president, not for mod powers. These are two separate things. Should innomen decide to grant me mod abilities though then I would accept this role and do my best to carry out being mod as effectively and efficiently as possible. Since Innomen agreed to be my VP it is rather clear that he believes I can be president, but it is still his call whether or not I should be given mod powers.

Innomen as VP

As mentioned above, this issue is a direct reason for why I have chosen my VP, and Innomen has decided to be my VP, which will allow for a smooth transition from one presidency to the next. Should I win, Innomen could choose whether or not to transition/train me as the new president/mod for the future.

After much thought and discussion, this is what I considered was in the best interest of the site, and is what will lead to a method allowing for the easiest transference of these roles. I am not aiming to gain mod powers, but if Innomen sees me fit to be the next mod then I will accept the mod powers and learn how to mod from the best there is.
Debate.org Moderator
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:35:53 PM
You stopped me at "/Innomen".

Seriously though, I like your platform. And I do see you as one of the people that could communicate with Juggle, and get them to perhaps update. And Innomen is sorta your trump card fro this one as well.

So, yeah......you have my vote.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:36:53 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:35:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Seriously though, I like your platform. And I do see you as one of the people that could communicate with Juggle, and get them to perhaps update. And Innomen is sorta your trump card fro this one as well.

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:37:31 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:35:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Thank you Ober.

I'm running on my own merits, but Innomen being my VP I feel is very beneficial to the site.
Debate.org Moderator
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:38:27 PM
When he says he wants to contact juggle he gets praise, when I or JT said it we got yelled at.

I have N/O on this btw, just pointing that out.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:39:05 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:38:27 PM, 16kadams wrote:
When he says he wants to contact juggle he gets praise, when I or JT said it we got yelled at.

well thats cause ppl cant take it seriously...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:42:16 PM

Then, why say it if you have N/O?

Honestly, the reason I'm gonna vote for him is
1. He has not shown a tendancy to get into flame wars/arguments with people over petty things
2. He has not been put on trial
3. He is clearly more mature than you ad JT 3. He has the ability to spend a lot of time on here
4. He owns a friggen business!
5. 90% of his supporters+ have been here for more than, say, four months, and have the ctual voting requirements,

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:43:24 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:42:16 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Then, why say it if you have N/O?

Honestly, the reason I'm gonna vote for him is
1. He has not shown a tendancy to get into flame wars/arguments with people over petty things
2. He has not been put on trial
3. He is clearly more mature than you ad JT
4. He has the ability to spend a lot of time on here
5. He owns a friggen business!
6. 90% of his supporters+ have been here for more than, say, four months, and have the ctual voting requirements,

fix'd.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:44:46 PM

JT is running on "I want to do X, Y, and Z. If you want these things done, vote for me."

JT and airmax have different views of the role the president plays in the first place. JT has unpopular views on DDO and doesn't care. His view is that if he wins, his goals win and that's the end of it. In this case, his relationship with Juggle is feared.

However, the democratic process does not cease at the end of the voting period for Airmax.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:46:21 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:42:16 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Imabench. I am very upset at you.

what i do this time?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:47:05 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:46:21 PM, imabench wrote:

what i do this time?

EVERYTHING!!!!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:47:59 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:47:05 PM, OberHerr wrote:

what i do this time?

EVERYTHING!!!!

lol

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:48:23 PM

what i do this time?

How did I NOT end up on your sig!!!!! I should be #1 ALL TIME! How are you #2? Where's the list. I'm supposed to be always on your sig REMEMBER?!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:48:29 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:47:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/14/2012 7:47:05 PM, OberHerr wrote:

what i do this time?

EVERYTHING!!!!

lol

You monster
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:50:47 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:48:23 PM, Viper-King wrote:

what i do this time?

How did I NOT end up on your sig!!!!! I should be #1 ALL TIME! How are you #2? Where's the list. I'm supposed to be always on your sig REMEMBER?!

You ARE in my sig!!! you were a part of the ima revolution of April 28 to April 29!

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:51:43 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:50:47 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/14/2012 7:48:23 PM, Viper-King wrote:

what i do this time?

You ARE in my sig!!! you were a part of the ima revolution of April 28 to April 29!

YAY!!! I just remembered I'm Joseph Kony.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 7:52:50 PM
I really like Airmax as a person. He seems to be a thoughtful, intelligent person and a good person to just relax and talk to. He's a great guy to know and I really don't have a single bad thing I can say about him.

Whether he would be good for DDO as the president/mod is another question entirely. While character has a large part to play in the president's effectiveness to bring change (would you want to take orders and work with an a**hole?), policy is another key factor, and I feel that the platform lined out by Airmax is a little....lacking in originality. Almost everything promoted in his platform has been said and offered by...basically every other candidate team, so I get a nasty feeling of this being a "vote for me because I haz innomen!" run, and although from what I've seen innomen has done a good job as president, I'm not sure I would elect airmax because innomen is VP for him.

Then again, TV also has unappealing characteristics about him that make me nervous to cast a ballot for him and JT/16k....no offense, but that's just a pair I don't want to see in charge of DDO.

But yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing votewise. But I get the feeling most people are going to be voting Airmax's way because he has innomen as his VP, and I, personally, want a better reason than that to vote for Airmax, and he's just not giving that reason to me.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:01:07 PM
At 5/14/2012 7:52:50 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I really like Airmax as a person. He seems to be a thoughtful, intelligent person and a good person to just relax and talk to. He's a great guy to know and I really don't have a single bad thing I can say about him.

Whether he would be good for DDO as the president/mod is another question entirely. While character has a large part to play in the president's effectiveness to bring change (would you want to take orders and work with an a**hole?), policy is another key factor, and I feel that the platform lined out by Airmax is a little....lacking in originality. Almost everything promoted in his platform has been said and offered by...basically every other candidate team, so I get a nasty feeling of this being a "vote for me because I haz innomen!" run, and although from what I've seen innomen has done a good job as president, I'm not sure I would elect airmax because innomen is VP for him.

Then again, TV also has unappealing characteristics about him that make me nervous to cast a ballot for him and JT/16k....no offense, but that's just a pair I don't want to see in charge of DDO.

But yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing votewise. But I get the feeling most people are going to be voting Airmax's way because he has innomen as his VP, and I, personally, want a better reason than that to vote for Airmax, and he's just not giving that reason to me.

I appreciate the nice things you said about me and understand your concern. This platform is just a basic outline and explanation of my ideas and campaign. In the coming weeks I will be sharing some unique aspects that separate me as a candidate.

The campaign has only begun and there is plenty of time left. I assure you that I will be providing more reasons for people to vote for me in the near future than just what is already mentioned or Innomen is my VP.
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:08:21 PM
Then again, TV also has unappealing characteristics about him that make me nervous to cast a ballot for him.

Don't you think I could have written a glowing "please everyone" platform if I wanted? One where I highlighted all the positives about me and completely avoided any negatives (just like this one does).

I like the balance between theatrical politics and brutal honesty better and anyone who buys into this goody goody derp deserves what they get.

Once again, Airmax1227: I challenge you to a formal Presidential debate. Let's see if you've got any merit outside of "innomen is my VP".

Also, I'm changing my campaign song to this:
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:13:18 PM
I am really far behind on the ddo elections, but three thngs that appeal to me about Airmax's platform is

1) His desire to inprove relations with Juggle. It will be near impossible to get wanted changes on DDO without good relations with the sites owner.

2) His mature personality and experience in management already. This is key to point one, so this is a big factor to improving DDO.

3) I vehemently agree his the things he wants to change. I would absolutely love a search engine in the forums and team debates. Whether these things can happen or not is entirely dependant on point one, which I think Airmax can succeed in.

So yeah, My vote is for Airmax
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:18:06 PM
At 5/14/2012 8:13:18 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
I am really far behind on the ddo elections, but three thngs that appeal to me about Airmax's platform is

1) His desire to inprove relations with Juggle. It will be near impossible to get wanted changes on DDO without good relations with the sites owner.

2) His mature personality and experience in management already. This is key to point one, so this is a big factor to improving DDO.

3) I vehemently agree his the things he wants to change. I would absolutely love a search engine in the forums and team debates. Whether these things can happen or not is entirely dependant on point one, which I think Airmax can succeed in.

So yeah, My vote is for Airmax

I second this in it's entirety. The experience, professionalism, and maturity of airmax is key to a relationship with juggle- which is key to getting anything done here.

And I also desperately want a search function for the forums. I hadn't thought much about team debates but I think it could be a really neat feature. All the many creative members here could probably find a lot of fun and interesting things to do with that as an option.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:20:09 PM
At 5/14/2012 8:08:21 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Then again, TV also has unappealing characteristics about him that make me nervous to cast a ballot for him.

Don't you think I could have written a glowing "please everyone" platform if I wanted? One where I highlighted all the positives about me and completely avoided any negatives (just like this one does).

I like the balance between theatrical politics and brutal honesty better and anyone who buys into this goody goody derp deserves what they get.

Once again, Airmax1227: I challenge you to a formal Presidential debate. Let's see if you've got any merit outside of "innomen is my VP".

Also, I'm changing my campaign song to this

Actually, Unvote.

I would like to see a presidential debate between the two before casting my vote. I feel like it would be a more fair way to look at things. It would be a good idea also because this is a debating website. Whoever can carry the better argumentation and arguments as to why they are the better president, is honestly the best person to vote for.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:21:34 PM
I would truly love to endorse Airmax but I believe TV's brutal mix of theatrics and honesty, and his experience, still makes me weigh to him, despite Airmax's air of maturity and an assistance of Innomen as VP.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:23:55 PM
At 5/14/2012 8:21:34 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would truly love to endorse Airmax but I believe TV's brutal mix of theatrics and honesty, and his experience, still makes me weigh to him, despite Airmax's air of maturity and an assistance of Innomen as VP.

A presidential debate however would be a far superior criteria as to judge who shall be president.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:34:09 PM
if there is a debate TV, what policies do you object to? hell all youve really done is focus on denouncing innomen, you havent really said anything about airmax that you disapprove of yet

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:37:53 PM
At 5/14/2012 8:08:21 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Your accusation that this is a "please everyone" platform is a clear strawman. I recognize the presidents job as a service position in a democratic system. As such, it is my primary duty to listen to the needs of the DDO community and respond accordingly. If you want to frame that as a "please everyone" platform, then be my guest. That is precisely what I aim to do.

I don't require theatrical politics and will not engage you in some of the antics you seem to desire because it is not productive in the least, nor does it reflect well on your maturity at all. Clearly this isn't just about Innomen being my VP. This is about my ability to continue to run this site responsibly as a mature individual and your inability to do so.

To prove this, I will gladly take you up on your offer to debate for the presidency.
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 8:54:20 PM

Yes. It's not that we don't want anyone to contact juggle. Just you and JT. Take a hint.