Why was I banned?

iamaphoenix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 8:08:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Clearly, this is iamadragon.

Suddenly, I was banned. I don't see any reason why.

I read the "Website Announcements" thread, where some speculated that I was ccstate4peat, since he and all of his other accounts were closed.

Well, I don't know what to say to that, besides that it's complete garbage and that I am quite obviously not ccstate4peat. What do I have to do? Try and argue that I'm not?

I think it's reasonable to expect some kind of reason why I was banned at the very least, if there is in fact a reason and it's not just some kind of random event, and I shouldn't be reinstated.

The only reason I can think of is that I had a comment towards mongeese get deleted, but the same thing has happened to others who have not been banned as a result (plus, that would just be a weak reason.)

So yeah, what?!
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 8:12:55 PM
I think you should file a feedback report asking the mods that question.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 8:23:12 PM
I have never seen mods post on the forum or do anything with forums except post that one time in one thread in the debate.org category talking about how the forums are now open.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
iamaphoenix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 8:34:00 PM
Yes, multiple people. Not only do they often use the same computer I do (coming over, if I have my computer somewhere) but they also probably use computers with the same IP as I do sometimes, if we're in the same area (school, something like that.)

Their accounts are all fine, though, so I don't know what the deal is.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 8:54:30 PM
At 8/4/2009 8:34:00 PM, iamaphoenix wrote:
Yes, multiple people. Not only do they often use the same computer I do (coming over, if I have my computer somewhere) but they also probably use computers with the same IP as I do sometimes, if we're in the same area (school, something like that.)

Their accounts are all fine, though, so I don't know what the deal is.

Can you name the specific accounts? If not, it sounds very suspicous and it just seems like you have multiple accounts.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 9:24:30 PM
Your claims seem legitimate. Sometimes the administrators make a mistake like this. Usually the account is returned if the claim is legitimate, as it yours seems to be. Good luck.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 9:33:06 PM
At 8/4/2009 9:25:12 PM, iamaphoenix wrote:
JMichelle, Molinjir.

Neither is very active. They both have fake information, just like my own original account.

Good enough for me. The admins/mods should let your account be re-opened.
Add Post
Forum Moderator

8/4/2009 10:05:28 PM
Your account was closed because you ignored my several warnings to stop insulting other members. Of course, you already knew that didn't you?
iamaphoenix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2009 10:16:28 PM
No, I did not know that. To my knowledge, I have only received one email, just with this banning (upon checking, at 10:22 AM today, though I have no idea what timezone that is), about insulting other members.

I don't check my email much. However, just yesterday, I went through my hundreds of Debate.org emails. I do not recall any of them pertaining to bad conduct on my part.

Whatever, then. If it's such a big deal, I would abstain from it with a reinstatement of my original account.

I guess it's your choice. Thanks for your snide comment.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 7:26:21 AM
At 8/5/2009 10:13:37 PM, iamaphoenix wrote:
Bump. I would like for this situation to be resolved, somehow.

Phil didn't ban your new account like he would if you were a V-bomber. If you refrain from insulting others, I'm sure you'll be fine. I think your okay unless you had a few debates you really liked.
When Reach fell, I came.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 9:45:55 AM
I have a feeling he was a multiple account vote-bomber.

My example:
http://www.debate.org...

I was losing 56-70 right until iamaphoenix was banned. Now, I am winning 56-35. Coincedence? I think not.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 10:22:38 AM
A lot of the vote-bombing on my account was recently removed, as well. Of course, it might have been because many accounts have been closed recently.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 10:25:49 AM
At 8/6/2009 10:22:38 AM, mongeese wrote:
A lot of the vote-bombing on my account was recently removed, as well. Of course, it might have been because many accounts have been closed recently.

And it probably had to do with iamadragon/phoenix's IP address.
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 10:28:53 AM
...and now I'm losing a debate I was winning, and I thought I rightfully won...not usually something that's out of the ordinary on this site, but it's past the voting period.

That makes two or three I've "lost" that I won. Meh, it happens.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 11:56:06 AM
You were banned because i reported every time you called someone a "Douche" or another name. Which was frequent.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 12:17:17 PM
At 8/6/2009 10:28:53 AM, patsox834 wrote:
...and now I'm losing a debate I was winning, and I thought I rightfully won...not usually something that's out of the ordinary on this site, but it's past the voting period.

The same thing happened to me, except I was losing and then I was winning.
bearsfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 10:36:18 AM
At 8/6/2009 11:56:06 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
You were banned because i reported every time you called someone a "Douche" or another name. Which was frequent.

why can't you call people douches?
"I'd like to have more self esteem but I don't deserve it" - Woody Paige

"Some people have a way with words, others not have way" - Woody Paige

"Nostalgia isn't what it used to be" - Woody Paige

"My French teacher is muy caliente!" - Woody Paige

"It's not rocket surgery" - Woody Paige

"I'm schizophrenic and so am I!" - Woody Paige
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 10:39:54 AM
cuz they'll be one and report you
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:10:15 AM
At 8/6/2009 12:17:17 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 8/6/2009 10:28:53 AM, patsox834 wrote:

The same thing happened to me, except I was losing and then I was winning.

Same here.
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:31:13 AM
At 8/7/2009 10:39:54 AM, Chuckles wrote:

Hahahaha.

But yeah, I just don't think insults from some completely anonymous stranger should really be anywhere close to a big deal. If people are really getting all "insulted" when iamadragon calls them a douche, then they really need to grow up -- as far as I'm concerned, being called a name by some strangers over the internet is hilariously trivial.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:35:50 AM
At 8/7/2009 11:31:13 AM, patsox834 wrote:

Hahahaha.

But yeah, I just don't think insults from some completely anonymous stranger should really be anywhere close to a big deal. If people are really getting all "insulted" when iamadragon calls them a douche, then they really need to grow up -- as far as I'm concerned, being called a name by some strangers over the internet is hilariously trivial.

Welcome to the interwebs. Enjoy your stay.

patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:38:15 AM
At 8/7/2009 11:35:50 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 8/7/2009 11:31:13 AM, patsox834 wrote:

Hahahaha.

Welcome to the interwebs. Enjoy your stay.

...?

I never said any of this was new to me, so....