Jump to topic:

MouthWash's plan for a better DDO.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 10:55:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It seems there have been lately many meltdowns, threats of leaving, harrassing, insults and even suicide threats from certain members of this site. I am proposing this to put an end to such things and make this a better website.

Rights of all DDOers:

All DDO members are equal regardless of race, gender, age, intelligence capacity, hair color, genetics, income level, societal status, nationality, religion, physical condition or any sort of factor. The reason all members are equal is quite simple. All members are involved in the site, and so regardless of any personal factor, deserve a say in it. A variety of personalities exist, and we all deserve equal right to be inventive and build the site around us instead of destroying it with flaming and threats.

All DDO members being equal and recognizing each other's equality, agree to disagree at times, but be tolerant or at least ignore those they find adverse. Flaming begets flame and spam. Take away the fuel and the spark cannot generate a fire.

Lastly, all equal DDOers have the right to make valid suggestion towards new rules to be added to this website, as well as provide civilized and valid debate if they feel otherwise. Juggle cannot be forced to change anything.

And since we are equal, can we all forgive each other of past offense and start fresh and anew?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 11:00:08 AM
At 5/15/2012 10:58:32 AM, drafterman wrote:
This should fix everything.

Was that sarcastic? >.>
Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 11:03:00 AM
At 5/15/2012 10:55:25 AM, MouthWash wrote:
It seems there have been lately many meltdowns, threats of leaving, harrassing, insults and even suicide threats from certain members of this site. I am proposing this to put an end to such things and make this a better website.

Rights of all DDOers:

All DDO members are equal regardless of race, gender, age, intelligence capacity, hair color, genetics, income level, societal status, nationality, religion, physical condition or any sort of factor. The reason all members are equal is quite simple. All members are involved in the site, and so regardless of any personal factor, deserve a say in it. A variety of personalities exist, and we all deserve equal right to be inventive and build the site around us instead of destroying it with flaming and threats.

All DDO members being equal and recognizing each other's equality, agree to disagree at times, but be tolerant or at least ignore those they find adverse. Flaming begets flame and spam. Take away the fuel and the spark cannot generate a fire.

Lastly, all equal DDOers have the right to make valid suggestion towards new rules to be added to this website, as well as provide civilized and valid debate if they feel otherwise. Juggle cannot be forced to change anything.

And since we are equal, can we all forgive each other of past offense and start fresh and anew?

This will totally solve everything :D
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 11:04:51 AM
At 5/15/2012 11:00:08 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Was that sarcastic? >.>

Neither do good intentions.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 11:06:01 AM
At 5/15/2012 11:03:00 AM, Jon1 wrote:

Rights of all DDOers:

This will totally solve everything :D

Look, I'm trying to make an honest attempt to get to people. I don't know why you have to be rude if you disagree with me.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 11:25:46 AM

We need the old Jimtimmy...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 2:28:21 PM
At 5/15/2012 11:04:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/15/2012 11:00:08 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Was that sarcastic? >.>

Neither do good intentions.:

Winner: Drafterman!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 2:37:10 PM
OH LORDY LORD I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

/endsarcasm
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 2:41:35 PM
Raise the alcohol content of the mouth wash.

For the betterment of ddo.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 7:28:49 PM
At 5/15/2012 2:25:13 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This changes nothing.

Why would reading this change the way I behave?

The same way that preachers get people to become Christians. It's called "convincing," and it's one of the main themes of this website.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 7:30:49 PM
At 5/15/2012 7:28:49 PM, MouthWash wrote:
This changes nothing.

The same way that preachers get people to become Christians. It's called "convincing," and it's one of the main themes of this website.

I fail to see the convincing part.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:23:21 PM
I felt it wasn't that bad. If you want to make fun of me, go ahead.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:24:27 PM
At 5/15/2012 8:23:21 PM, MouthWash wrote:

It's just that these are things that are already universally recognized. Both here on DDO and in most civilized countries.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:34:00 PM
At 5/15/2012 7:30:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
This changes nothing.

Interesting. I was under the impression that the target audience for preachers were already Christian.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:36:15 PM
At 5/15/2012 8:24:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 5/15/2012 8:23:21 PM, MouthWash wrote:

It's just that these are things that are already universally recognized. Both here on DDO and in most civilized countries.

It was aimed at the people who overreacted or went suicidal. Not only Dave.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:37:50 PM
At 5/15/2012 8:34:00 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/15/2012 7:30:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
This changes nothing.

Interesting. I was under the impression that the target audience for preachers were already Christian.

Not always. Maybe that was a bad analogy.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:39:08 PM
I affirm that there is really nothing wrong with DDO. There is some casual drama but it wouldn't make sense if there wasn't. The site USED to have a problem before most of you were here. But I am here to attest that it has, in-fact, become increasingly more civilized.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord