Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Attention all DDO hackers

Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:08:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know who you are. You don't have to reveal yourselves if you want, but I have an assignment for you that lets you have fun with a troll that ticked me off.

Recently on the Dueling Network (yeah I'm a nerd, deal with it), I encountered someone with the username of sk8rboyyoyo2, who, upon getting mad that I killed his strongest monster and it was his fault for causing it, shut my internet down temporarily and stole my IP address.

www.duelingnetwork.com

You should know what to do. >:3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:09:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Kfc
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:11:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
wtf? explain.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:21:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:08:45 PM, Zaradi wrote:
You know who you are. You don't have to reveal yourselves if you want, but I have an assignment for you that lets you have fun with a troll that ticked me off.

Recently on the Dueling Network (yeah I'm a nerd, deal with it), I encountered someone with the username of sk8rboyyoyo2, who, upon getting mad that I killed his strongest monster and it was his fault for causing it, shut my internet down temporarily and stole my IP address.

How do you know? Just report him . . .
www.duelingnetwork.com

You should know what to do. >:3
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:24:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:08:45 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I encountered someone with the username of sk8rboyyoyo2, who, upon getting mad that I killed his strongest monster and it was his fault for causing it, shut my internet down temporarily and stole my IP address.

Stole your IP address?! o.O;

That's impossible, isn't it? I mean, your ISP assigns your IP address from the range they've been allocated. I suppose you could use someone as a proxy if you had sufficient control of their computer, but you need more than an IP address do that. Worst thing he could do is a prolonged DDOS attack...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
SuburbiaSurvivor
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:25:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:08:45 PM, Zaradi wrote:
You know who you are. You don't have to reveal yourselves if you want, but I have an assignment for you that lets you have fun with a troll that ticked me off.

Recently on the Dueling Network (yeah I'm a nerd, deal with it), I encountered someone with the username of sk8rboyyoyo2, who, upon getting mad that I killed his strongest monster and it was his fault for causing it, shut my internet down temporarily and stole my IP address.

www.duelingnetwork.com

You should know what to do. >:3

Oh, dude, you can do this yourself. Just delete system 32 and you get direct access to an Anonymous program that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:28:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.

You did all that with just a username, or is this a joke? lol
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:29:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.

Damn... You're good! You should also adjust his cookies so that his ping fluctuates between 15bps and 25bps; that will cause his CPU to overclock and his BIOS to become corrupted.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:30:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:29:26 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.

Damn... You're good! You should also adjust his cookies so that his ping fluctuates between 15bps and 25bps; that will cause his CPU to overclock and his BIOS to become corrupted.

0.0

Mind = blown

What the heck are you guys saying?!?!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:30:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:28:15 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.

You did all that with just a username, or is this a joke? lol

It's a joke.

@tv:

I'm not sure what Zaradi intended to mean by stealing an IP address except to say that it may have been spoofed. To what end? Who knows.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:32:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
By the way, I have no idea what you mean by disabling your internet unless they actually went to your house and cut the wires.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:32:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:30:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:28:15 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.

You did all that with just a username, or is this a joke? lol

It's a joke.

@tv:

I'm not sure what Zaradi intended to mean by stealing an IP address except to say that it may have been spoofed. To what end? Who knows.

Well, he did get my area wrong. I don't have it memorized, but it looked fairly close. And he wasn't off by too much with my area.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:32:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:30:18 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:29:26 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:26:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I just hacked his mainframe and uploaded a Trojan worm to his TCPs. He won't be routing any firewalls anytime soon. Unless he reconfigures his DNS to bypass the DHCP, but if he does that I have a logic bomb that will blow up his MAC address.

Damn... You're good! You should also adjust his cookies so that his ping fluctuates between 15bps and 25bps; that will cause his CPU to overclock and his BIOS to become corrupted.

0.0

Mind = blown

What the heck are you guys saying?!?!

Its sounds legit, amirite?
We're just trolling with nonsensical computer jargon. Lol!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:34:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:32:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By the way, I have no idea what you mean by disabling your internet unless they actually went to your house and cut the wires.

My computer was unable to access the Internet, and I lost connection. It was conveniently timed with the comment "bye bye Internet". I put two and two together.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:34:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:33:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Do you mean to say he just revealed your IP? What did he say/do exactly?

I saw it. They were dueling, and the guy is all "I hope you like your internet connection" and then Zaradi was "logged off". And the guy is all "that's what I thought" and left the duel.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:35:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:33:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Do you mean to say he just revealed your IP? What did he say/do exactly?

That and my state, city (he got this wrong), latitude and longitude, and temporarily blocked my Internet connection.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:35:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:34:05 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:32:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By the way, I have no idea what you mean by disabling your internet unless they actually went to your house and cut the wires.

My computer was unable to access the Internet, and I lost connection. It was conveniently timed with the comment "bye bye Internet". I put two and two together.

For how long? And you couldn't access any web page? What errors did you receive?
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:36:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:34:29 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:33:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Do you mean to say he just revealed your IP? What did he say/do exactly?

I saw it. They were dueling, and the guy is all "I hope you like your internet connection" and then Zaradi was "logged off". And the guy is all "that's what I thought" and left the duel.

Then I waited for it to come back and reported it to the mod. Score one non-hacker :p
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:36:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:34:29 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:33:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Do you mean to say he just revealed your IP? What did he say/do exactly?

I saw it. They were dueling, and the guy is all "I hope you like your internet connection" and then Zaradi was "logged off". And the guy is all "that's what I thought" and left the duel.

Yeah, sounds like a DDOS (Nuke) attack to me. Finding someones IP address in a game like that isn't so difficult. Don't be too worried about it. If you're really concerned, contact your ISP and they can change your IP.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:37:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:35:59 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:34:05 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:32:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By the way, I have no idea what you mean by disabling your internet unless they actually went to your house and cut the wires.

My computer was unable to access the Internet, and I lost connection. It was conveniently timed with the comment "bye bye Internet". I put two and two together.

For how long? And you couldn't access any web page? What errors did you receive?

Five minutes? The same error messages I receive when Charter Internet is being retarded and their Internet is down.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:37:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Based on this he most likely launched a Denial of Service against your IP, temporarily putting your router out of commission. I'm skeptical because your ISP should have measures against this.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:37:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:36:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:34:29 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:33:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Do you mean to say he just revealed your IP? What did he say/do exactly?

I saw it. They were dueling, and the guy is all "I hope you like your internet connection" and then Zaradi was "logged off". And the guy is all "that's what I thought" and left the duel.

Yeah, sounds like a DDOS (Nuke) attack to me. Finding someones IP address in a game like that isn't so difficult. Don't be too worried about it. If you're really concerned, contact your ISP and they can change your IP.

Is that sort of thing legal?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:41:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:37:53 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Is that sort of thing legal?

It violates most ISP's Terms and Conditions of Use.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 9:41:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/15/2012 9:37:53 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:36:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:34:29 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/15/2012 9:33:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
Do you mean to say he just revealed your IP? What did he say/do exactly?

I saw it. They were dueling, and the guy is all "I hope you like your internet connection" and then Zaradi was "logged off". And the guy is all "that's what I thought" and left the duel.

Yeah, sounds like a DDOS (Nuke) attack to me. Finding someones IP address in a game like that isn't so difficult. Don't be too worried about it. If you're really concerned, contact your ISP and they can change your IP.

Is that sort of thing legal?

Almost certainly not. But it is unlikely to be traced or dealt with. I wouldn't be concerned about guessing your location, that kind of information is publicly available. It's why you'll see ads referencing areas near you.