Jump to topic:

Presidential Exploratory Committee

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:17:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm announcing the formation of an exploratory commitee, to test the waters for a possible run. Most importantly though, I'm asking for financial support, as diving in at this late stage would require great financial investment for negative attack ads and such. All currencies, and methods of payment will be accepted, please donate.

Here are my thoughts on some of the issues that have been mentioned. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Working with Juggle:

Although we are the users of their property, ultimately they own it, and have the right to make any and all decisions, including what resources to dedicate to this site. Sure, we can make suggestions, and they might even implement those suggestions on occassion, but I think it's naive to beleive that we can get them to make major reforms that they weren't planning anyway. When I see a candidate's platform list working with Juggle, or saying that he will make certain changes to DDO, I just shrug it off as nothing more than a wish list, which we all have. You want a history forum?? Why is that important enough to politicize?? You can discuss history on any of the forums you'd like, so good luck.

With that said, of course I would advocate for changes that the members beleive are important. However, I wouldn't be such a pest to them that they just overlook our e-mails, thinking it's just another wish list.

Trials and Bans:

These should be rare, and should be used only after exhaustive attempts, by the President, to mediate the situation. I commend Innomen for his handling of the Izbo situation. He was extremely patient, and tried very hard to get him to adhere to the TOS, but Izbo was not going to allow himself to be governed by anyone else's rules. The trial was a last resort, as it should have been.

DDO Constitution and other irrelevant documents:

JT feels that member's rights need to be protected. What rights?? Being a member of this site is a priviledge, not a right. Juggle has created the TOS, and it is the only governing document that is enforceable. That document should be enforced, and that should suffice to provide you all the "rights" that one needs as a member of a website. Any document that we come up with is not binding against Juggle, or any other members, without Juggle's permission anyway. It's irrelevant.

I also find his stance on creating a DDO Congress, and Legislative Branch, a bit hypocritical since he and 16K rail against the "DDO Elite". Isn't that exactly what he'd be creating by giving power to one small group of people??

Censorship:

I would oppose, to the best of my ability, any attempts at censorship, above and beyond what is laid out in the TOS.

Moderators:

Although I don't see it happening, I would advocate for a moderator for the forums, and one for debates with ability to remove vote bombs, and restrict voting rights for serial bombers.

Askbob:

I would uphold Juggle's decision to ban him since it is their right to do so. I would, however, get my say in with Julia or whoever. For what it's worth, I would advocate for lifting the ban. Askbob did what he did simply because Juggle was almost totally uninvolved with the site, and did nothing to help with a very obnoxious troll situation. Had moderation been in place like it is now, that situation wouldn't have become as bad as it did, and Askbob wouldn't have had to do what he did. I don't condone his method, but his intentions were to protect DDO and it's respectable members. I would like to see him allowed back on the site. This may not be a popular stance, but I beleive in giving people a chance, especially when what they did was for good reason.

Porpoises, Puppies, and Manatees:

Of course I support porpoises and puppies, but there seems to be a strong divide between that camp, and the manatee population. I would work to eliminate that divide and bring the two groups together. We would be singing Kumbaya, and doing the chicken dance (with Koopin leading in his KFC dress), if I were President.

Oh, and I also love kitty cats...if they're cooked right. Char-grilled medium rare...yummy.

If you'd like to know my opinion on any issue, please ask. I have an opinion on everything.

In closing, I'd like to thank Innomen for his service to the members of DDO. I think he did a very good job as President, and deserves a round of applause from all of us.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:21:03 PM
At 5/18/2012 11:17:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I'm announcing the formation of an exploratory commitee, to test the waters for a possible run. Most importantly though, I'm asking for financial support, as diving in at this late stage would require great financial investment for negative attack ads and such. All currencies, and methods of payment will be accepted, please donate.

Here are my thoughts on some of the issues that have been mentioned. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Working with Juggle:

Although we are the users of their property, ultimately they own it, and have the right to make any and all decisions, including what resources to dedicate to this site. Sure, we can make suggestions, and they might even implement those suggestions on occassion, but I think it's naive to beleive that we can get them to make major reforms that they weren't planning anyway. When I see a candidate's platform list working with Juggle, or saying that he will make certain changes to DDO, I just shrug it off as nothing more than a wish list, which we all have. You want a history forum?? Why is that important enough to politicize?? You can discuss history on any of the forums you'd like, so good luck.

With that said, of course I would advocate for changes that the members beleive are important. However, I wouldn't be such a pest to them that they just overlook our e-mails, thinking it's just another wish list.

Trials and Bans:

These should be rare, and should be used only after exhaustive attempts, by the President, to mediate the situation. I commend Innomen for his handling of the Izbo situation. He was extremely patient, and tried very hard to get him to adhere to the TOS, but Izbo was not going to allow himself to be governed by anyone else's rules. The trial was a last resort, as it should have been.

JT feels that member's rights need to be protected. What rights?? Being a member of this site is a priviledge, not a right. Juggle has created the TOS, and it is the only governing document that is enforceable. That document should be enforced, and that should suffice to provide you all the "rights" that one needs as a member of a website. Any document that we come up with is not binding against Juggle, or any other members, without Juggle's permission anyway. It's irrelevant.

I also find his stance on creating a DDO Congress, and Legislative Branch, a bit hypocritical since he and 16K rail against the "DDO Elite". Isn't that exactly what he'd be creating by giving power to one small group of people??

Old news, I dropped out a long time ago. Also, they are elected and made public and periodically changed (assuming its implemented) so its not an elite as the fake one jim and I argued a while back.

Censorship:

I would oppose, to the best of my ability, any attempts at censorship, above and beyond what is laid out in the TOS.

Moderators:

Although I don't see it happening, I would advocate for a moderator for the forums, and one for debates with ability to remove vote bombs, and restrict voting rights for serial bombers.

Askbob:

I would uphold Juggle's decision to ban him since it is their right to do so. I would, however, get my say in with Julia or whoever. For what it's worth, I would advocate for lifting the ban. Askbob did what he did simply because Juggle was almost totally uninvolved with the site, and did nothing to help with a very obnoxious troll situation. Had moderation been in place like it is now, that situation wouldn't have become as bad as it did, and Askbob wouldn't have had to do what he did. I don't condone his method, but his intentions were to protect DDO and it's respectable members. I would like to see him allowed back on the site. This may not be a popular stance, but I beleive in giving people a chance, especially when what they did was for good reason.

Of course I support porpoises and puppies, but there seems to be a strong divide between that camp, and the manatee population. I would work to eliminate that divide and bring the two groups together. We would be singing Kumbaya, and doing the chicken dance (with Koopin leading in his KFC dress), if I were President.

Oh, and I also love kitty cats...if they're cooked right. Char-grilled medium rare...yummy.

If you'd like to know my opinion on any issue, please ask. I have an opinion on everything.

In closing, I'd like to thank Innomen for his service to the members of DDO. I think he did a very good job as President, and deserves a round of applause from all of us.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:26:18 PM
At 5/18/2012 11:21:44 PM, Wnope wrote:
Who's on the committee?

So far it's pretty secret. The committee members don't even know they're on the committee yet.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:28:13 PM
At 5/18/2012 11:21:03 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/18/2012 11:17:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Working with Juggle:

Trials and Bans:

Old news, I dropped out a long time ago. Also, they are elected and made public and periodically changed (assuming its implemented) so its not an elite as the fake one jim and I argued a while back.

Cool, then it should be a non-issue.

Censorship:

Moderators:

Askbob:

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:29:59 PM
So the committee actually makes the elite.

Hahaha
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:31:36 PM
At 5/18/2012 11:26:18 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/18/2012 11:21:44 PM, Wnope wrote:
Who's on the committee?

So far it's pretty secret. The committee members don't even know they're on the committee yet.

Actually there is no committee yet, I'm just kicking around the idea.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 9:34:37 AM
At 5/18/2012 11:34:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/18/2012 11:29:59 PM, 16kadams wrote:
So the committee actually makes the elite.

Hahaha

huh??...how does that work??

If you win you might keep them XD
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 8:11:11 PM
No time to be my VP but time to run for presidents.

Liar ;)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 8:22:22 PM
At 5/19/2012 8:11:11 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Liar ;)

Don't make me go there.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 8:32:08 PM
At 5/19/2012 8:22:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/19/2012 8:11:11 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Liar ;)

Don't make me go there.

liar :P
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 9:18:33 PM
At 5/19/2012 8:25:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
You're not an official contender until you've signed up to debate TV.

If you can set it up I'm game.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 9:26:57 PM
At 5/19/2012 9:18:33 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Yeah....not a good sign if you can't take the initiative to start a damn debate.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 9:27:29 PM
At 5/19/2012 8:25:05 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
squawk!

And my running mate checks in. That's bird talk for "Vote Medic/Greyparrot".
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 9:30:07 PM
At 5/19/2012 9:26:57 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 5/19/2012 9:18:33 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Yeah....not a good sign if you can't take the initiative to start a damn debate.

Sorry but I didn't see that requirement in the election rules. I assumed that since you wanted to see it happen that you were volunteering to set it up.