Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

DDO issues on Kubuntu

1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:16:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Solution: Chrome
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:18:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 10:16:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Solution: Chrome

No, it does not work on any browser.

I guess I will have to use Windows 7 to access DDO.

Kubuntu should fix this issue. Linux is open-source, I am going to report it.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:21:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 10:18:01 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:16:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Solution: Chrome

No, it does not work on any browser.

I guess I will have to use Windows 7 to access DDO.

Kubuntu should fix this issue. Linux is open-source, I am going to report it.

I use Chrome on Windows 7 and DDO works fine.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:24:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 10:21:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:18:01 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:16:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Solution: Chrome

No, it does not work on any browser.

I guess I will have to use Windows 7 to access DDO.

Kubuntu should fix this issue. Linux is open-source, I am going to report it.

I use Chrome on Windows 7 and DDO works fine.

No, Windows 7 works fine, it is Kubuntu that has problems.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:26:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 10:24:33 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:21:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:18:01 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:16:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Solution: Chrome

No, it does not work on any browser.

I guess I will have to use Windows 7 to access DDO.

Kubuntu should fix this issue. Linux is open-source, I am going to report it.

I use Chrome on Windows 7 and DDO works fine.

No, Windows 7 works fine, it is Kubuntu that has problems.

I see. I can't help you there.

I'm not sure if they're related, but I have tried "Ubuntu", the OS, before, and it wasn't that great.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:27:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 10:26:53 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:24:33 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:21:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:18:01 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 10:16:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Solution: Chrome

No, it does not work on any browser.

I guess I will have to use Windows 7 to access DDO.

Kubuntu should fix this issue. Linux is open-source, I am going to report it.

I use Chrome on Windows 7 and DDO works fine.

No, Windows 7 works fine, it is Kubuntu that has problems.

I see. I can't help you there.

I'm not sure if they're related, but I have tried "Ubuntu", the OS, before, and it wasn't that great.

yeah, me too, but Kubuntu is better than Ubuntu.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 10:31:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 10:30:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
You have to install all the updates before doing anything on your Linux system. Have you done that?

I have installed all updates.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 11:08:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

You're right. I just installed Rekonq on my Ubuntu machine and it doesn't seem to submit vote properly. Actually, it seems to be submitting the votes, however, it doesn't refresh itself properly so it appears that you're vote hasn't been submitted.

I have voted with Firefox on Ubuntu and have never had a problem. Plus, I just confirmed that my FF submits votes properly.

Also, this wouldn't have anything to do with the OS. It seems like Rekonq just has a bug in it. OS's don't involve themselves at the HTTP layer or anything above that - which is where the problem is.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 6:48:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 11:08:02 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

You're right. I just installed Rekonq on my Ubuntu machine and it doesn't seem to submit vote properly. Actually, it seems to be submitting the votes, however, it doesn't refresh itself properly so it appears that you're vote hasn't been submitted.

I have voted with Firefox on Ubuntu and have never had a problem. Plus, I just confirmed that my FF submits votes properly.

Also, this wouldn't have anything to do with the OS. It seems like Rekonq just has a bug in it. OS's don't involve themselves at the HTTP layer or anything above that - which is where the problem is.

Thanks, it works on FF :) Seems to be a Rekonq and Konqueror problem, Konqueror does it even more than Rekonq.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:00:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 6:48:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 5/19/2012 11:08:02 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 5/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
So I recently installed Kubuntu, and I have been having problems with DDO. I am using Rekonq. Whenever I try to vote, it does nothing. And the formatting is messed up. Everything is fine however when I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

You're right. I just installed Rekonq on my Ubuntu machine and it doesn't seem to submit vote properly. Actually, it seems to be submitting the votes, however, it doesn't refresh itself properly so it appears that you're vote hasn't been submitted.

I have voted with Firefox on Ubuntu and have never had a problem. Plus, I just confirmed that my FF submits votes properly.

Also, this wouldn't have anything to do with the OS. It seems like Rekonq just has a bug in it. OS's don't involve themselves at the HTTP layer or anything above that - which is where the problem is.

Thanks, it works on FF :) Seems to be a Rekonq and Konqueror problem, Konqueror does it even more than Rekonq.

Whatever. Konqueror sucks.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.