Jump to topic:

Another candidate for President

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:13:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm officially announcing that I'd like to be considered for DDO President. I have talked to Greyparrot, and he has agreed to be my running mate. I guess we would be running as the Old Fart Party candidates. Innomen has shown that the elderly CAN do a great job as President, so I feel that our age and experience will be an advantage. :)

I've chosen to run, not because I think the other candidates can't do the job, but because I feel that I have experience in areas that will be advantageous when dealing with Juggle, as well as other DDO members. Innomen has brought professionalism and credibility to the office of President, and I'd like the opportunity to try and continue that, while we grow our community.

A little about myself...I'm 47 years old, married with 3 sons and 3 grandchildren. I'm a 911 paramedic in South Carolina, but was born and raised in Indiana. I've been a DDO member for over a year now, and have enjoyed my time here.

My experience as a paramedic has taught me a great deal about professionalism, multi-tasking, paying attention to detail, time management, dispute resolution, and a number of other skills that would be helpful as President. In addition, prior to working in EMS, I served nine years as a local representative of the United Steelworkers of America. I was chairman of the greivance and safety committees, member of the negotiating committee, and also served as treasurer and financial secretary. During my service, I spent numerous hours in negotiation with upper management, and learned alot about resolving disputes in a way that both sides can live with. Both careers, as well as life experience, has taught me a great deal about people and above all, I think that is the most important knowledge that one can have.

Those who know me know that I spend alot of time logged in to DDO, and having time to do the job will not be an issue for me. I beleive that a good president will be in touch with, and represent the interests of the members. I also think that transparency is important, as well as communication, having an open-door policy. The presidency is not a license to promote your own personal agenda, but a responsibility to do what the voters elect you to do. To that end, my platform is what you, the members, wish it to be. Sure, I have a wish list of things I'd like to see happen, but those changes may or may not be popular, so I'd put them to a vote alongside all other suggestions, and prioritize by popularity rather than just turning in wish lists to Juggle. I think we should allow them time to do the updates that Julia has promised, and then re-evaluate what our priorities are after the updates.

Grey and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about where we stand on a particular issue. We hope that you will consider voting for us in the upcoming election, but apparently we need 4 votes in order to get on the ballot, so your vote to put us on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:15:17 AM
So many candidates! -_-
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:24:54 AM
At 5/20/2012 11:15:28 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
So... many... good... candidates... *faints*

And Obama thought he was the only candidate that could make people faint...lol
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:42:35 AM
Questions:

1) what's your platform
2) did you really think it was necessary to run?
3) didn't you even say that you left the 16kadams campaign because being VICE president would interfere with mafia?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:56:42 AM
Assuming we can secure the support and endorsement of Innomen, we will pledge to continue more of the same policies. This will hopefully be a de-facto puppet administration of the Innomen political machine.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:58:50 AM
At 5/20/2012 11:56:42 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Assuming we can secure the support and endorsement of Innomen, we will pledge to continue more of the same policies. This will hopefully be a de-facto puppet administration of the Innomen political machine.

You guys are just too late. Had I known things would be different, but I already pledged my support and my being his VP to Airmax.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 12:07:46 PM
Perhaps you can either participate in the debates with TV and Airmax or make a gambit in a few interviews with us to fully promote your image????
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 12:33:21 PM
At 5/20/2012 11:42:35 AM, imabench wrote:
Questions:

1) what's your platform

I think a president should be flexible, and able to adapt to the needs of the community. I've seen a great number of ideas that I think are good ideas, and if elected I would do my best to enact those that the community agrees with. I would like to see our community grow, and will be exploring ways in which we can do that.

If elected, I promise to be honest, transparent, fair, and professional in my dealings with Juggle, as well as other members. Beyond those things, I don't have a set list of things that I promise to do, as I see that as running counter to what I beleive a DDO president should be. That's not to say that I don't have personal opinions on issues though. If you're interested in those opinions I'd be happy to give them if you specify what you'd like to know.

2) did you really think it was necessary to run?

I wouldn't say that it's "necessary" that I run. DDO president is something that you should "want", and that's why I'm here.

3) didn't you even say that you left the 16kadams campaign because being VICE president would interfere with mafia?

Yes, but there were other factors at play, as well. That was as much detail as I cared to release at the time.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 12:36:08 PM
At 5/20/2012 12:07:46 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Perhaps you can either participate in the debates with TV and Airmax or make a gambit in a few interviews with us to fully promote your image????

We'd be happy to.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 12:59:01 PM

Innomen already endorsed Airmax...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:08:24 PM
At 5/20/2012 12:59:01 PM, imabench wrote:

Give the bribes and kickbacks a few days to kick in sir.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:16:19 PM
At 5/20/2012 1:08:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

How can a bird bribe a man? in bed or through little seedlings and a leaf???

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:42:49 PM
At 5/20/2012 1:16:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I will be flying to Boston June 10th. Exchanges will be made.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:07:27 PM

Innomen is Airmax's VP.

I'm pretty confident that he IS going to be the next president, mostly because of that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:46:22 PM
At 5/20/2012 1:42:49 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/20/2012 1:16:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I will be flying to Boston June 10th. Exchanges will be made.

We definitely should meet up.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:58:01 PM
I hope you gain a lot of support. You wont be stealing votes from us :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 8:39:01 PM
Well, it is now between Medic and Airmax, given the exists of both DK and TV. Medic, should I have an interview with you and Airmax so to weigh on the issue of choice?

I do feel that while I do know you--as a rather even-headed and mature person, I cannot simply use a personal liking as the basis of my choice.

Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:12:34 PM
Hmmm.

Interesting. I think I might vote for you.
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:14:48 PM
At 5/20/2012 8:39:01 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, it is now between Medic and Airmax, given the exists of both DK and TV. Medic, should I have an interview with you and Airmax so to weigh on the issue of choice?

I do feel that while I do know you--as a rather even-headed and mature person, I cannot simply use a personal liking as the basis of my choice.

Why the heck not??...lol...jk.

Seriously, I think it very wise to ask questions and educate yourself before casting a vote for a candidate, in ANY election. I'd be happy to be interveiwed, anytime.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:15:25 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:14:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Seriously, I think it very wise to ask questions and educate yourself before casting a vote for a candidate, in ANY election. I'd be happy to be interveiwed, anytime.

I'll be doing so after this Wednesday.:)

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:22:24 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:12:34 PM, Ameriman wrote:
Hmmm.

Your support would be greatly appreciated.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:23:17 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:15:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 5/20/2012 9:14:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I'll be doing so after this Wednesday.:)

Sounds good.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:24:23 PM
Hmmm.

Crap you may actually take our support medic :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:25:45 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:17:25 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
HEY,

I'm running too.

And, unlike the other candidates, I will actually change things.

What are you going to change??
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:25:50 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:17:25 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
HEY,

I'm running too.

And, unlike the other candidates, I will actually change things.

No, bluster that you will attempt to force Juggle to bend to your will does not equal change. 99.9% of change to this site is through Juggle.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:28:57 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:24:23 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Hmmm.

Crap you may actually take our support medic :P

You say that like it's a bad thing...lol