Unacceptable Debate Conduct

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:06:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.Debate.org...

As you can see, my opponent does not want to seriously debate. Are there any creationists/theists who want to have an honest debate about this?

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:24:29 PM
How do you plan on rebutting "d"? It is one of the best creationist arguments I've ever heard.

hahaa jk

I agree with you Geo. Hopefully, someone takes the debate, because it is a good topic.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:26:46 PM
At 8/7/2009 11:24:29 PM, Nags wrote:
How do you plan on rebutting "d"? It is one of the best creationist arguments I've ever heard.

hahaa jk

I agree with you Geo. Hopefully, someone takes the debate, because it is a good topic.

Yeah, I laughed when I saw the response, but disappointed that the debate went to waste.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 1:44:48 AM
That is totally out of order, you had put a lot of work into your opening statement. If they had no interest in taking you up on the matter why waste your time?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 9:55:20 AM
Cool, it looks like a moderated canceled the debate or something. Thanks.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 10:01:33 AM
At 8/8/2009 9:55:20 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I did report it, but I was not sure how such things are handled.

You saved your first post right?

To be fair it was quite a daunting debate, not really sure if I would be able to get anywhere with it!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 10:09:57 AM
At 8/8/2009 10:01:33 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2009 9:55:20 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I did report it, but I was not sure how such things are handled.

You saved your first post right?

To be fair it was quite a daunting debate, not really sure if I would be able to get anywhere with it!

Normally it's you report something and:

- It gets done a few weeks/months later

- Nothing gets done.

I think Phil has hid someone to run the websites, or he has taken a personal interest.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 10:14:43 AM
Phil was last online 12 hours ago. Me has a theory. All of the websites currently run by Webcorp, besides from DDO, don't need to be moderated. All they need are updates. So, with the summer increase of DDO activity, maybe Phil has pledged time to upgrading DDO.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 3:44:35 PM
At 8/8/2009 10:14:43 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Phil was last online 12 hours ago. Me has a theory. All of the websites currently run by Webcorp, besides from DDO, don't need to be moderated. All they need are updates. So, with the summer increase of DDO activity, maybe Phil has pledged time to upgrading DDO.

That would be good.

And I'm glad your opponent's post got removed, Geo.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2009 8:36:09 PM
At 8/10/2009 8:16:28 PM, BigMac wrote:
what did it say? lol. i missed it :D

I wrote an extremely long, thought out opening argument, and his rebuttal was: d

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat