Jump to topic:

DDOfabDDO - Medic/Greyparrot Interview

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:28:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would like to thank M/Gp in advance for taking the time to answer some questions and clarify their platform. I respectfully ask other members to refrain from posting in this thread.

1 - In your announcement thread, you listed what you feel are your qualifications, but didn't take any initial stances on any issues. Are you simply going to take the majority-vote decision on any issue?

2 - What would you say to someone who claims this is just a way to state 'Vote for me and you'll get whatever you want', without actually making specific promises?

3 - Would you be worried about an influx of new members, multi-accounts, or trolls skewing majority votes, and therefore being able to control your decisions?

4 - Would you be willing to ever go against the majority vote, and if so, what issues would you be willing to do so?

5 - What specifically do you feel you can offer that would be better for DDO than the Airmax/Innomen ballot?

Thank you for answering these questions, I will have more after you respond.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:21:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:28:47 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I would like to thank M/Gp in advance for taking the time to answer some questions and clarify their platform. I respectfully ask other members to refrain from posting in this thread.

1 - In your announcement thread, you listed what you feel are your qualifications, but didn't take any initial stances on any issues. Are you simply going to take the majority-vote decision on any issue?

I would consider every issue, and situation, on a case-by-case basis. I will say that wherever feasible, I would prefer to know that the majority of voting members support the action that I'm about to take. If a situation comes up that requires an immediate, unilateral decision, I'm not afraid to make that decision, and will do so with the best interest of the members in mind.

2 - What would you say to someone who claims this is just a way to state 'Vote for me and you'll get whatever you want', without actually making specific promises?

I would say that they're over-simplifying a bit, that's not actually what I'm saying. I'm not saying that if elected, I'll try to give everyone what they want. I'm simply saying that I beleive that the president is elected to represent the interests of the members, not to promote his own personal agenda. If what they want is supported by the community, then that is what I will advocate for. It's just not realistic to try and act on every suggestion that people make, and I feel that we should prioritize by what is MOST important to the MOST people. I beleive very strongly that the members of DDO should be represented by a leader who values the community's wishes, above his own personal wants.

3 - Would you be worried about an influx of new members, multi-accounts, or trolls skewing majority votes, and therefore being able to control your decisions?

An attentive person will certainly realize that this is happening, and act accordingly.

4 - Would you be willing to ever go against the majority vote, and if so, what issues would you be willing to do so?

It's difficult to say that I would NEVER do something, and this question would be easier to answer if there were some specific hypotheticals given. I will say that I would go against the majority in protection of individual members. Hypothetically, let's say that Izbo hadn't violated the TOS, but people wanted him banned because he was a pain in the behind. I would be against his ban simply because he had not violated any enforceable rules. Being obnoxious is not illegal, provided that the line is not crossed.

5 - What specifically do you feel you can offer that would be better for DDO than the Airmax/Innomen ballot?

I don't know much about Airmax, he seems like a relatively new member and I only know him from recent mafia games. Though I respect everyone's right to run for any office, I'm not a big fan of the sitting president also running as VP for a future candidate. If that president is a popular one, then it almost seems like the presidency is an inherited post. I have alot of respect for Innomen, but I do disagree with that decision.

Aside from that, I think that the experiences and abilities that I have learned through my work will be a valuable asset to DDO, in that I know how to negotiate and present issues to Juggle in a way that they will respect. This makes it easier to get things accomplished. In addition, I think that Grey and I will bring a fresh approach to deciding what is important to the majority of members.

Thank you for answering these questions, I will have more after you respond.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to give my veiws on some of the issues. Follow up questions are certainly welcome.