Jump to topic:

DDOfabDDO - Airmax/Innomen Interview

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:40:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would like to thank AM/Inno in advance for taking the time to answer some questions and clarify their platform. I respectfully ask other members to refrain from posting in this thread.

1 - You have taken strong stances on certain issues, especially improving relations with Juggle, but have also made statements about being open and available to suggestions. How important is the 'majority vote' to you, and what issues might you consider off-limits to being influenced to changing your mind?

2 - You stated in a private interview about censorship: "I have no problem with the all caps nor the profanity rules, and there isn't enough support to change them from what I can tell.". If a large portion of members pushed you to remove censorship, what changes would you be willing to make, and what percentage of the membership would be necessary to do so?

3 - What would you do to help clarify rules and policies to members, especially new members. For instance, there are policies in place for banning and holding trials. Do you plan to create some sort of resource for all members to be able to reference current policies?

4 - What plans do you have to help retain new and old members?

Thank you for answering these questions, I will have more after you respond.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:57:49 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:40:58 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I would like to thank AM/Inno in advance for taking the time to answer some questions and clarify their platform. I respectfully ask other members to refrain from posting in this thread.

1 - You have taken strong stances on certain issues, especially improving relations with Juggle, but have also made statements about being open and available to suggestions. How important is the 'majority vote' to you, and what issues might you consider off-limits to being influenced to changing your mind?

Really?

2 - You stated in a private interview about censorship: "I have no problem with the all caps nor the profanity rules, and there isn't enough support to change them from what I can tell.". If a large portion of members pushed you to remove censorship, what changes would you be willing to make, and what percentage of the membership would be necessary to do so?

3 - What would you do to help clarify rules and policies to members, especially new members. For instance, there are policies in place for banning and holding trials. Do you plan to create some sort of resource for all members to be able to reference current policies?

Is this really a big enough issue for someone to take a stance on?

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:35:45 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:40:58 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Well I strongly support the 'majority vote' as it shows who the majority of DDO voters want to be president, I'd like to continue the tradition of basic democracy as far as these things are decided.

As far as issues I support being influenced by members, I'd have to say that nearly all of them are because members have expressed a desire for them.

There is only one issue I will not change my position on, regardless of public opinion, and that is the askbob issue. In an Airmax/Innomen administration the unbanning of askbob will not even be considered.

Well It'd have to be a fairly significant number for me to work on the elimination of something as benign as the profanity cap and the all-caps. These things aren't even all that hard to get around, and if a member really feels the need to curse, they know they can already do it.

So this isn't something I plan to devote a lot of, if any, time to. If I do, it will only be because an overwhelming majority of members are finally tired of having to go an extra step to curse in the forums. But I have a hard time believing that a large number of members will rally around the effort to make it easier to curse on the forums.

Well I don't want any new member to feel like they are getting in trouble for something they didn't realize was a rule. So if rules are broken they will be notified of what they did and warned if they continue their actions. After that, any violation will lead to another warning, if misconduct continues after a clear warning, the trial process will begin unless a ban is completely justified.

By listening to what issues are most important to our current membership, I believe I will be able to address what is most important to them, and increase the chances of them staying. Ultimately, I think the retention of DDO members depends on whether there is an active and engaging atmosphere here. With my plans to implement debate tournaments, team debates, and other ideas, the retention of new and old members should be no problem.

Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:37:53 AM
Damn that was fast airmax, let me start the timer to see how long it takes all the other candidates to respond to their question *click*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015